new screen shots

Started by spaceboy, May 04, 2009, 07:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spaceboy

Here are some screen shots I found that show a variety of terrain and some great weather shots.  The first one is an extremely zoomed out view the the FUEL world.

[smg id=330]

[smg id=328]

[smg id=327]

[smg id=329]

[smg id=323]

[smg id=326]

[smg id=325]

[smg id=324]

http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

JRD

These are great pics spaceboy....
It really seems that you have to fight against natural forces besides your oponents.... weather effects looks great!
I like the dirty looks of vehicles, it adds a lot in game immersion and the world seem huge... its gonna be a hell of a racing game.
Well done  :-X
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

If those images don't make a person want to try the game, I don't know what would - the map is intriguing - I assume the lines represent roads.  Is the world really that large?

I can't wait for your reports on the game play.

spaceboy

Thanks guys.  The map is 5,000 square miles, which is frankly insane.  You're correct PZ, the red lines on that map are the roads (of course I hope to be off-road quite a bit).

PZ

The detail in the crushed granite is also quite remarkable.

On another note, it is really great to have these individual game boards with which to focus activity on specific games.  The screen caps, videos and general feel of the board all lend themselves well to immersing yourself into the anticipation of the game debut.

Art Blade

cool, spaceboy  :-X

I like the 2nd last picture, whooooa :) "VROOOOM!" hehehe I Really. Want. This. Game!  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

DKM2

I'll be getting this one too, just for the sheer size of it.
A lot of racing games you get used to the terrain, where the turns are etc.
Might be hard to do with this one.

100K of roads and trails. Hey D_B we're gonna need a MAP!   ;D ;D
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

PZ

Yeah spaceboy, we need a map!   ;)

spaceboy

I gave you one, it's at the top of the post....just squint.

Actually I need to investigate this more but I read a quick blurb the other day that the entire map is not actually created on the disc, but rather algorithmically generated (huh?)  Obviously it needs to be created the same each time, but I guess I could see how that might w@&k.  I will investigate more and get back to you.  We'll see what we can come up with...

DKM2

I read that as its mathematical generated not graphically.
Simply, the map is made on the fly from a template, not loaded as textures.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

spaceboy

Thanks DKM2, I think that's what I was trying to say, but your version was made sense.  I like the new signature, btw.

JRD

Open world maps are going the next step for sure. I just posted something about the terrain in OFP2 here and that on the fly generation in Fuel seems great!!
Sure spaceboy will have to w@&k a bit to give us good maps, but I guess he won't complain  ;D ;D

PZ

nah... I have full confidence in spaceboy - he'll have the maps worked out before the game even comes out in production!   ;D

Art Blade

he'll even have a play-through worked out before the game even comes out in production!  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

haha, yeah it's only the size of Connecticut.  Well, it'll be interesting if there is anything in-game to help but I'm thinking it'll be great to have high-interest locations noted in maps.  I'm curious if you guys have suggestions on the best medium (program) to w@&k in.  Something that can add icons and text and shapes etc.

There will be a lot more area but a lot less going on other than landmarks, racing events, and particularly beautiful scenery etc.

PZ

Quote from: JRD on May 06, 2009, 06:50:41 AM
... I just posted something about the terrain in OFP2 here a....

Hey JRD, I hope you don't mind me editing your original post, and I'm sure that you'd have caught it, but I changed the url link to an iurl link so that clicking does not break out of the frames page.  (Thanks Art, for one of the most useful bits of forums info)

JRD

Quote from: PZ on May 06, 2009, 09:06:28 AM
Quote from: JRD on May 06, 2009, 06:50:41 AM
... I just posted something about the terrain in OFP2 here a....

Hey JRD, I hope you don't mind me editing your original post, and I'm sure that you'd have caught it, but I changed the url link to an iurl link so that clicking does not break out of the frames page.  (Thanks Art, for one of the most useful bits of forums info)

I don't mind at all my friend, just let me know how to do it and I will next time ;)

What I do now is just click the "insert hyperlink" button, place a word between brackets I want to highlight and add an "=" sign in the first [url] followed by the URL itself.....
How does the iurl works?
I remember Art's post but can't find it now  :-[

PZ

Easy as pie - when you create the url link, just put an "i" in front of "url" and another "i" in front of "/url"

JRD

Man thats really easy... I should've checked my own post before asking... lazy, I know...  :-[
Good that we are all gentlemans or I would read some nasty replies  ;D

PZ

Well, for the kind of individuals that immediately pop off with a rude comment, I'd create a signature line something like "Natural stupidity is no match for artificial intelligence"  ;D

JRD

Excellent one PZ......  :-X

DKM2

lol, funny how that works both ways.

JRD

Hope you don't mine if I upload a few more screenshots into this topic  ;)

[smg id=528]

[smg id=527]

[smg id=526]

[smg id=525]

[smg id=524]

[smg id=523]

[smg id=522]

[smg id=521]

[smg id=520]

[smg id=519]

[smg id=518]

[smg id=517]

[smg id=516]

[smg id=515]

[smg id=514]

[smg id=513]

[smg id=512]

[smg id=511]

[smg id=510]

Art Blade

wow these are great!  :-X

cool quality, much better than those warhound pics in my opinion. wooooooooo hoooooo! OMG it's only a couple days until release! RAaaaaaaahh I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it  ;D

JRD

Bear in mind that Warhound is a w@&k in progress and is far from release......
I think it will look great when we get to see it in its final stage.
But FUEL has incredible weather and light effects... must be awesome to play.
Think I'll wait a while before buying as new games get in Brazil at ridiculous prices... if I can control myself, that is  ::)

Tags:
🡱 🡳