Getting in too deep?

Started by retiredgord, May 04, 2009, 06:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retiredgord

Heck I just set up a new printer and the test pages were....FARCRY 2 maps.  lol. Now I can read the maps. My previous ones were lacking in some of the colours so I didn't rally have good definition.  All in the name of the game, right?
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

PZ

Never too deep, my friend...
The maps printed in full color are breathtaking - I know that I've mentioned it before, but maybe I'll find time to go to a public printing outfit and have them printed in large format so I can mount them on the wall where I play - the in-game maps are never detailed enough on the full map to make good decisions on how to travel.  I imagine playing the game and having that instant access to the highly detailed maps.  Because they'll be laminated, I'll be able to use dry-erase markers on them as well.

RedRaven

maps are always great to look at, real or from games. made a poster from Morrowind cos it was so well done. Laminating them is a brill idea for gaming aids. cheaper / better than printing same thing many times. had never thought of doing that, cheers for the brainwave.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

Well... that's exactly why the boards are here - for people to exchange ideas and just plain good conversation.  I'm glad that a comment sparked an idea!  ;)

... and thanks for the tips on Stalker SOC!  :-X

Art Blade

hahaha retiredgord, you're just about getting started :) I'd reconsider if you told me you had the maps imprinted on your bed sheets just so you could sleep better  ;D

Well, a hard-boiled walking stick shaking veteran like you would probably opt for a FC2 tattoo  8)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

I'm planning on printing a new set of the maps for my second run through. My current set is all scribbled on. One sheet of double-sided paper at 8.5x11 is just right.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

retiredgord

Tattoo...bedsheets!!!  Wow can't wait to tell the missus when my b-day comes around.  lol.  Wonder where I can order the bedsheets?  Thanks Art. 
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

PZ

hahaha, great come back retiredgord!   :-X

Art Blade

Sir, it's a pleasure serving with you!  :-* ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳