[smg id=275]
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Wow, amazing detail.... I'm particularly excited about:

• the M-16 with the scope and silencer
  • night vision goggles
  • what looks like an anti-tank weapon through the scope

JRD

I posted this forum on Codemaster's official website.... and checked other sites posted there. That's how I got to these pics.
They have a great number of sites that looks good there, hopefully we can attract more quality members till the game releases.

Speaking of details, I'm learning more every time I check the net over OFP2 content. A key feature to success seems to be team based operations... you wont be alone in the field, as the pics here shows ;) so control your men using your brain and you'll be successfull, run and gun and you'll be shot  ;D
Squad members will not follow you if you are fooling around like a maniac... they are programmed to realize a stupid commander and tell him to f%&k off.

Which leads me to my point... here is a quote from Gamespot:
"You also probably weren't aware that if you went online, you'd be able to play eight-player coop with friends, or 32-player matches against them. And the best part is that even in an online match, you'll still have non-player character squadmates to command and fight alongside of. When the game launches in 2009 for the PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360, it's possible that you'll enter a 32-player match with 256 combatants (between real players and their NPC minions)."

See, you can play with your friends in the same squad, one sniper, one support, one explosives expert and so forth OR, each player can have a squad of NPC's at his command and you advance as a full platoon!!

There will be 20 missions to be fought plus additional quick matches you can grab to play without following the main storyline... isn't it cool??

Art Blade

This is exceptionally well done, JRD, thank you for your research :)

I'm drooling already over the thought of a massive game we're going to get. Can't wait :)

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

A few more....

[smg id=308]

[smg id=307]

[smg id=306]

[smg id=305]

[smg id=304]

[smg id=303]

[smg id=302]

[smg id=301]

[smg id=300]

[smg id=299]

[smg id=298]

[smg id=297]

[smg id=296]

[smg id=295]

[smg id=294]

[smg id=293]

Art Blade

Holy crap!!! This is getting better and better! great pics, thanks again, JRD  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Oh and there are much more from where those came from...
Too bad there's not much to post other than screenshots and the vids already posted here.
No new info on system requirements or release date, which I belive will be pushed to september.
They confirmed a demo for sometime soon, I will check about that on Codemaster's official forums and see what I can do. Maybe getting the demo I will know if my PC can run it smooth and post some good material here ;)

PZ

Outstanding JRD,  echoing Art's comment - excellent research.  The new game boards that you and spaceboy are moderating and populating with information are just fantastic.  Many of us don't have the time to thoroughly investigate all games, so the fact that you've chosen to dedicate some time to report to the group is greatly appreciated.  I know that the posts I've seen have tipped the scale in favor of getting the games!   :-X

RedRaven

second that. looks so good just hope my system can handle it at a reasonable graphics setting. pics are brill, cant decide which to use as desktop background tho!
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

I like the idea of using various screen images as backgrounds - for instance, I use the Leboa and Bowa maps side-by-side as a background for my widescreen monitor - just the right size to see good detail!

RedRaven

change my desktop every couple o weeks, had tom and jerry for a while so nice to use one from a game for a while. often use screenshots from what i`m currently playing to keep the mood going, usually landscape shots so can pretend my pc is a window into a different world.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

spaceboy

Just read that part about 8 player co-op.  That seems like what we've all been talking about.  If that's online co-op with buds against AI and/or real people.  Sounds like a winner.  Great pics bud.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

Quote from: dke58 on May 04, 2009, 06:43:47 PM
change my desktop every couple o weeks [...] often use screenshots from what i`m currently playing to keep the mood going, usually landscape shots so can pretend my pc is a window into a different world.

that is exactly why and what I'm doing :) lol

Tags:
🡱 🡳