The end of the road.......

Started by Dweller_Benthos, May 04, 2009, 08:09:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

Finally finished the game, and to celebrate, took some screens of the point beyond the border.

[smg id=268 align=center width=400 caption="Just standing around, waiting for the director to yell action!"]

[smg id=270 align=center width=400 caption="They better run....."]

[smg id=269 align=center width=400 caption="What's that ruined truck doing there?"]

Used the trainer to get past the fence to check out what was going on up there. Found out that Rueben and the other people are just standing around waiting for the end of the game so they can do their little dance. I also found out you can't hurt them, by driving a truck into them, shooting them, and launching tons of grenades at them. But, any wreckage you leave in the way does show up in the final cut scene.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Ricamundo

Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

JRD

Very nice D_B...
The trainer is really usefull to fool around...
I wonder what happens if you go out in the desert with god mode and all cheats activated? Do you pass out too or can you gon into the desert for a whaile?
I imagine there is not much to see, but you could take nice screenshots of large areas of the game... like a panoramic photo
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Dweller_Benthos

You can go out into the desert and not pass out, and depending on some unknown factor I haven't figured out yet, you either get blurry vision, or it stays clear. On one of my trainer videos, I take a side trip out to the edge of the world, forget which video it is though.
D_B

PZ

Cool shots D_B, and excellent experimentation - I enjoy looking "behind the scenes"

Dweller_Benthos

It's funny, you can walk up that road a little ways, then the ground disappears - you have to wait for it to render. Then, if you go far enough, you end up at the top of the waterfall near the large railroad bridge.
D_B

Art Blade

I like what you did there, D_B. The pics are very nice too.

Reminds me of my first through, end game. I finally approached the house where you are supposed to give the diamods to that guy, only I didn't know that. I thought, let's take a look inside before you go out and walk through the gate in the fence. I couldn't ever leave the house. On my second through I found out there was no gate.  :-[ I then walked back down the road to where that open barrier is, there were a few barrels. I threw a gren at them and kicked/pushed them up towards the fence next to that house, building steps helping me to try to climb over the fence... didn't help, couldn't climb the rocks either. I was tired and thought tomorrow I'd fire up the trainer... forgot that. Until now, you bring back memories :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

Even with the trainer, it's tricky, you can't jump high enough to get over the invisible wall where the fence is, you have to slide along the rocks to the right and scramble up the hill until you can hop up there. Maybe I'll make a video tonight....
D_B

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

Here's a video, lots of weird stuff going on here. The cuts are a bit close, but I wanted to get everything in the 10 minute youtube limit, and just squeaked under at 9:50 lol

[smg id=332 type=av align=center caption="Beyond the fence."]
D_B

DKM2

"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

spaceboy

Twilight Zone indeed.  Wow, what can I say D_B, I was mesmerized.  Those people are just disturbing, I'm going to have nightmares.  Loved the truck bouncing too.  The ending with them walking through the trucks was hilarious. Very great video.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

Funny stuff  :-X ...can we post that vid on the anti-FPS-community and the DEA sites?  ;D

Hacko

I love how you got to the end of the map and then it just ends. Everyone sing the REM song with me now -  It's the end of the world as we know it..................... ;D

PZ

Great one D_B, The Mapper has done it again...

The citizens just standing there while you fire grenades reminds me of the zombie movies...

Dweller_Benthos

heh, that's essentially how all the mercs look if you use the zombie AI code, but they can be killed.....
D_B

retiredgord

Great Job D_B.   In the end Rueben is not half the man he used to be.   lol
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳