Having trouble at Weelegol? here's the solution

Started by TheFishlord, May 03, 2009, 09:18:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheFishlord

Found this out while screwing around with a grenade truck. I was thinking how cool it would be to have tanks like the BMP3 in FC2, so I was just blowing stuff up everywhere. I realized that the grenade launcher's arc of fire is HUGE...so I aimed it over a hill from the safehouse I had just taken and opened fire, spreading it around a bit.

I hear the usual low rumbling thuds as they explode at long range, but I also start hearing flames, gas explosions, and screams. I checked my map and I was pointed right at Weelegol.

[smg id=265]

Did some more experimenting, the lines are what you should be able to hit from that safehouse while being (heh) safe from retaliation. I don't know for sure about shooting directly north to the guard post. For Weelegol, the trick is to aim so the grenades just barely skim the top of that hill, they should land just short of the village then.

PS. Don't know what happened to the color in that picture, sorry.

Art Blade

Thank you for this very interesting tip, TheFishlord.

This is intriguing... I'm not in the south now (3rd through, still stuck at Lebowa) but I'll definitely give it a try :)  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Indeed, TheFishLord,

Although I've lobbed grenades, I've never yet experimented with how far they go - great tip!   :-X

Art Blade

Although I did experiment how far they go (that's how I found out about the mercs starting to swear for minutes), I never hit anything very far away that I realised. The idea of an air-strike like attack on a weelagol , performed on a hilltop, is just cool :)

Almost like "Hmm, a sunny day with a stiff drink on my patio of my safehouse, let's attack the stupid annoying neighbours over at Weelegol again" 8) You know, like people with a golf course on top of a skyscraper LOL
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳