The mysterious floating beer bottle of Africa.

Started by Dweller_Benthos, March 17, 2009, 07:46:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

[smg id=4814]

After some serious grenade truck pounding of this guard post, I wandered in to mop up and find some ammo. I was surprised to find this fragile beer bottle floating in mid air. Too bad you can't drink it. Note that the entire area around it has been cleared of all items and burned. Also note the truck door embedded in the rock to the right.

On another note, I once saw a floating zebra, but he must have realized he was floating and fell to the ground and died before I could get a screen shot.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

JRD

Yeap... I've seen this same bottle floating in the same GP.
As I remember, I shot it and it shattered... did you?
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Reminds me of the time recently that I went through a fence and sliced my truck with part of the fence.  A 6-foot slab  was embedded horizontally through most of the vehicle - was lucky it did not slice me in half.

Great pics D_B, brings back great memories of the FC2 landscape - thanks for posting (man I gotta get a PC...)

Dweller_Benthos

I chopped it with the machete and it broke like a normal bottle, so it wasn't impervious, it just didn't blow up and catch fire with the rest of the stuff.
D_B

XerNosam

Dude, that machete looks like it's beat to hell... awesome. I've only seen it in pristine condition... does it degrade over time as well?  Or are my eyes all screwed up?

spaceboy

I may be wrong, but it looks like D_B is using one of the DLC machetes avail on PC I think.  that one looks like the lawnmower blade.  I wish I could have those.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Dweller_Benthos

You can get the machetes (there are three total) easily enough. On the consoles, i think you have to just join some online thing or something (go to youtube and search for far cry 2 machete unlock) on the PC you just need to add an entry to your registry. The machete can then be changed in the main menu. The one I use is the primitive one, there's also a home made one and the standard "modern" one.
D_B

JRD

Whoever is drinking from that bottle is also driving this jeep

[smg id=105]

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

I can still say after all these months of playing - I just love this game...

Art Blade

Another thread I must have missed :) I know that bottle too. Funny pic, with that door embedded in the rock. Both bottle and door remind me of that one guard post where that merc is embedded in a rock, alive. Some goofs then.

On a side note, do we have a cheat topic? I think I've seen various hints all over the place but not focussed. Since D_B seems to me the expert in this, would you mind start one? I would like to know how the machete thingy works on PC...

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

That's a great idea - would be cool to have a thread dedicated to cheats and how to use them.

Tags:
🡱 🡳