Hacko's screenshot thread

Started by Hacko, May 01, 2009, 10:49:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hacko

I told you guys I have some screens, here is a few to get me started.
[smg id=248]
Talk about laying around on the job.

[smg id=246]
Got hood??

[smg id=247]
Got hood pt 2??

Wow, those screens look pretty crappy, trust me, it looks way better on my rig. I'll have to w@&k on uploading better quality screenshots.

spaceboy

nice pics.  the fire looks wicked at night like that.  Love the guy in the hood.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

They look fine Hacko, the server automatically resizes and compresses to 75%, which is the reason for the appearance.  One thing I might recommend is to look for the BBC code window and copy/past that code into your image - much easier and makes for a small thumbnail that is click-able.

Great shot of the guy in the hood!  :-X

Art Blade

took me a while to connect three monitors side by side to see the entire post, but then... cool pics ;D  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Hacko

Quote from: PZ on May 01, 2009, 11:56:15 AM
They look fine Hacko, the server automatically resizes and compresses to 75%, which is the reason for the appearance.  One thing I might recommend is to look for the BBC code window and copy/past that code into your image - much easier and makes for a small thumbnail that is click-able.

Great shot of the guy in the hood!  :-X

So I guess don't have to compress them down to 75% before uploading them, since the server already does that. That may be why they look so bad, I compressed them before uploading.

I will look for the BBC code next time, so I can get the cool thunbnails that everyone uses. Thanks for the tip. :)

I will post more screenies later in this thread, stay tuned......

BTW, how do you create your own folder in the Gallery???

I edited the pictures up above to show the thumbnails, now you shouldn't need 3 monitors to view them.

spaceboy

When in the Gallery, click on My Albums off to the right, it helps to keep your stuff organized and as long as you allow others to see you can use the BBC code in the posts the same as the main gallery.  I think that's it...

Art Blade

wow :) now it fits on one screen, cheers
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

retiredgord

Good screen caps Hacko. I'm still trying to figure a way to do it off the PS3 with reasonable quality.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

spaceboy

Retiredgord,

Here is the steps and software I use to record video and took a couple screen shots with the PS3.  It's a bit convoluted  but it does w@&k (and not as good quality as PC shots).

Here's how I did it.  I have the software "Honestech VHS to DVD" which comes with a little white box "vid box" that translates analog signals to digital and then send it USB to your PC.   

1) I used the multi A/V cable that came with the PS3 and plugged it into the "vid box".

2) Used my highly handy 10 ft USB cord to plug into PC.

3) Opened up the software

4) Changed PS3 video and audio from HDMI and Optical to Multi/AV

5) Using my bluetooth Dualshock 3 controller, I can play in front of the PC (resolution not up to par of course) and record at the same time.

6) Watch the movie, pause, and take copy and paste as jpg.

7) Raise your fist at PC guys who have it easy

Anyway, it can be done (I still want to investigate better/easier ways - especially with being able to play on my TV with my normal video quality).  But here are two results...you can see why I've only ever made two...

[smg id=26]

[smg id=27]

PZ

Quote from: spaceboy on May 01, 2009, 04:26:02 PM
Retiredgord,

7) Raise your fist at PC guys who have it easy

As a current PC guy, I resemble that remark!

Seriously, as a PS3 guy, I love what you've done.  In fact, your method inspired me to do similar with the PCTV deluxe setup that I have.  That is a similar box that allows analog input which then records to your PC.  Then, you can do cool things like what D_B does with his movies because Pinnacle Studio is packaged with it.

spaceboy

Quote from: PZ on May 01, 2009, 04:51:19 PM

Yogi Bear, right?  I always say that I'm not sure if my memory serves me right, but I think it's from Yogi Bear...probably the writers got it from someone really important and I'm showing my ignorance but this is the place to do it  :-[ 

As for the videos, I can't wait to see a PZ original!  and thanks for the comment

PZ

Quote from: spaceboy on May 01, 2009, 05:05:12 PM
Quote from: PZ on May 01, 2009, 04:51:19 PM

Yogi Bear, right?  I always say that I'm not sure if my memory serves me right, but I think it's from Yogi Bear...probably the writers got it from someone really important and I'm showing my ignorance but this is the place to do it  :-[ 

As for the videos, I can't wait to see a PZ original!  and thanks for the comment
You're probably correct spaceboy, but to tell you the truth, I'm not sure where I got that one.  As to the videos, it might be a while, I'm still enjoying the screen captures, like any new-bee.  In fact, I doubt that I could come up with anything as good as I've seen uploaded by the guys on our site.

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on May 01, 2009, 05:20:46 PM
In fact, I doubt that I could come up with anything as good as I've seen uploaded by the guys on our site.

It is easier than you think if you can pick from like 3,500 screen caps. Everybody can do it :)

Hacko

More screens.......

[smg id=253]
Merc panning for gold, or is it diamonds

[smg id=252]
Great Sunset

[smg id=251]
Look at the pretty trees, they may need watering.

[smg id=250]
Another great sunset

spaceboy

Nice shots, I love the sun reflecting off the lake with the quaint fishing boat sitting peacefully...

Hacko

Quote from: spaceboy on May 01, 2009, 06:35:38 PM
Nice shots, I love the sun reflecting off the lake with the quaint fishing boat sitting peacefully...

I parked that boat there and swam to the position I took the screenie at. I don't like to stay in boats or vehicles for too long if not necessary, makes you an obvious target. :)

JRD

Quote from: spaceboy on May 01, 2009, 05:05:12 PM
Yogi Bear, right?

Man... I just can't believe it..... a long time ago memory........ unbelievable to find that reference here.....  :-X
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

nice pics, Hacko :) I like the bridge across the sunset

JRD

Art is right, that bridge southeast Bowa is a hell of a place to screenshots. From that safehouse close the bus stop, up in a hill, you'll see one of the finest sunsets in the game...  :-X
Good to see other mercs enjoying the view.....
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Hacko

This merc thought he had a good hiding spot, Uh no.....
[smg id=491]

[smg id=492]

retiredgord

Good shot.  It looks like the Petro Sahel area.  There's some propane and gas cylinders inside the buildings that go BOOM real nice especially from the top of the tanks.  It's a great spot to light up thier lives.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Hacko

It was Petro Sahel, I sniped the guy on top of the oil tank, took his sniper rifle, and starting shooting flammable items, good fun. ;D

spaceboy

between the cylinder in front and the propane in back, not a great hiding spot.  of course without them there it would have been a head shot anyways...nice pics.  I like before and after (or in this case, before and during).

Art Blade

nice pics, and funny because I didn't expect what I saw in the second pic LOL  :-X

PZ

Great snaps Hacko, and good call on the location retiredgord!   :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳