FRAPS

Started by PZ, May 01, 2009, 08:14:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I know some of you guys are using Fraps to do video capture - how do you like it, and are there any other capture utilities that might be better?

JRD

FRAPS is the easiest way to do video captures of gameplay.
My problem is I'm having a lag problem ever since I instaled it and it seem to be an issue in some PCs... what is weird is that I have the lag even when not running FRAPS, so I have to do further tests to be sure thats the reason...
Will let you know when I'm done  :-X
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Very interesting - reminiscent of a problem corairs experienced - installing something new and FC2 has problems.  I think that I'll do a system restore point before I install.

Thanks for the info!

corairs

i u to use Fraps it's good but now i use X-fire i like it bater  :)

JRD

Unistalled FRAPS and the lag problem remains. So it's not FRAPS. Worse... have a nasty video bug... some parts of the scenario turns green now  :(  and game is freezing sometimes  :D
Uninstalled FC2 and am playing Crysis to fix my daily dose of shooting  ;D but mostly because it demands a lot from my video card, so I want to be sure my hardware is OK... so far, so good... hopefully it's something that will be fixed when I re-install FC2

Art Blade

HORROR! best of luck, JRD (fingers crossed)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Not good JRD,  I recall seeing problems like you're experiencing in other forums, but never did see a solution.  Hopefully the reinstall will w@&k.  I'd recommend trying to find a method to completely remove FC2 rather than a simple uninstall - you know how Windows is - uninstall often leaves a legacy behind.

JRD

Good idea PZ.... I was actually thinking about formatting my PC... I do it regularly and think its about time now....
It takes a whole saturday to do so (formatting is fast, but reinstalling windows, programs, drivers etc takes a while too), so I'm pushing it forward... I know, lazy  ;D

PZ

Before you format, don't you need to do a uninstall so that the Ubisoft activation server knows that it is being uninstalled?  I seem to recall something about a limited number of installs on a limited number of computers so the recommendation was to do an official uninstall to reset the protection counters.

Art Blade

I think it was 5
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Good point PZ... will check it this weekend if I do the formatting.

Still want to re-install FRAPS and do some captures with other games to see how it goes and then back to FC2

PZ

Best of luck JRD; sometimes computer issues are a piece of cake, and at other times they can be quite challenging and difficult to recover from.

Tags:
🡱 🡳