Watch Dogs 2

Started by OWGKID, June 08, 2016, 01:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OWGKID

Ubisoft officially released the trailer for WD2 today.

The game will not continue with Aiden from WD1, but you will control an Afro-american called Marcus Holloway. The town is San Francisco rather than Chicago. Ubi has promised a more immersive world and you can FINISH THE GAME WITHOUT KILLING ANYONE  :o

Wired UK's article with more details
LEGACY

Art Blade

UBI?  8-X

Oh.. finish the game without killing anyone.. I understand.. because UBI's weapons will have failed you continuously from start to end. >:D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

:laugh: all I can say is countless side trips to the weapons building - every old timer on this site knows what I mean.

As to WD2 - even though it is Ubi, I'm very excited about the game because I loved the original even though it was a bit cheesy.  It is because it is based on Person of Interest, which is my favorite TV series.

Even though having the Ubi label on a game is just about as bad as having "Made in China" on a product, I'm still planning to get the game, and hoping to enjoy it.

OWGKID

Yep, that was a little annoying...
LEGACY

OWGKID

LEGACY

PZ

Dang, I can't wait for this game. On an aside, the series is ending this season, and I believe tomorrow is the last episode of Peron of Interest.   :-(

PZ

Funny - when referencing the release date, Wikipedia is now listing it like this"

Quote from: WikipediaInitial Release Date: November 15th, 2016

Just exactly how many times will they be releasing the game?  8-X

The graphics look good in this PS4 version of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCi-DNzJTyA&feature=youtu.be

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

OWGKID

Draw distance looks like on par with GTA V :)
LEGACY

PZ

I think I'll get it despite the fact that I'll probably only start it, play for a few hours, and then put it on the shelf with all the rest of the games I never finished.  8-X

Art Blade

re-tire-ment. Read: Time-for-gaming.  :-()

PZ

Art Blade

OWGKID

I assume the game will be DX11 plus DX12 in the options menu, considering the Win 7 userbase is still pretty huge. I don't expect it to have DX12 on launch. Maybe in a patch 1-2 weeks after launch ????

Hope you have time to play games soon, PZ :-D
LEGACY

PZ

Thanks GKID - I hope so too, and because we are headed into the cold season, the outdoor activities will be more limited.  I'll get the PS4 version and if I like it as much as I hope I will, then get the PC version.

fragger

Doesn't matter if you don't finish games PZ, as long as you have fun with them :)

Art Blade

even if the fun lasts only minutes.. :-()

PZ

:laugh: You're a funny guy, AB!

You're right, fragger, and when I unexpectedly stumble on a free block of time, it is great fun to reacquaint myself with my old favorites, and maybe even a new title or two.. or three...

I an excited to get back into Fallout 4, especially when some of the more game changing mods come out, still like Uncharted 4, never got past half way through in JC3, am planning to get No Man's Sky, and am already eagerly anticipating Watch Dogs 2.

On top of that, I'm watching the bargain prices for a couple old AC games for PC as well as Far Cry 4.  When they hit 5 bucks each, I'll take the plunge so to speak.  :-()

Art Blade

OWGKID

PC version of WD2 detailed. 

Don't want to read at Ubishitoft's site? Here's the specs

Minimum

• OS (64-bit ONLY!): Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
  • Processor: AMD FX 6120, Intel i5 2500S
  • System memory: 6GB
  • Video card: Nvidia GTX 660, AMD HD 7870 2 GB VRAM
  • Disk space: 50 GB HDD space
  • Internet connection: 256 Kbps or faster
  • Peripherals: Windows Keyboard/Mice, Xbox One controller/PS4 dualshock

Recommended:

• OS (64-bit): Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, Windows 10
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-3470, AMD FX 8120
  • System memory: 8 GB
  • Video card: GTX 780 (3 GB), 970 (4 GB 3.5+ 0.5 GB), 1060 (3GB), AMD R9 290 (4 GB) or better
  • Storage space: 50 GB
  • Internet: 256 kbps or faster broadband connection
  • Peripherals: Windows KB/M, DS4, Xbox One controller.

Additional info:

General:

• 4K support
  • Stutter/lag framerate compensation. -We employed a fix that makes all controls much more responsive and less framerate-related. We've optimized resource creation, GPU VRAM upload and required VRAM for the game.
  • No FPS cap
  • Full SLI/Crossfire support at launch
Likely done with with AMD's help/DX12 API
  • Multiple save file support – This feature allows players to have up to three auto save slots for three separate playthroughs.
  • Multi-monitor support with borderless mode and advanced settings that allow for customized placement of menu and HUD.
  • Multiple windowed mode options – Windowed mode with flexible/resizable windows, multi-monitor borderless.

Additional graphics options:

• Screen Space Reflections
  • Headlight Shadows – Support for additional shadows from car headlights
  • Extra Details Options – Increases the level of detail for all objects in the game, and adds more details to objects in the distance.
  • FOV sliders
  • Pixel Density sliders
  • Sharpness sliders
  • Ultra Textures pack available at launch
  • TXAA
  • MSAA
  • Post Processing Anti-Aliasing options SMAA and FXAA

Improved KB/M controls

• Full adaptation with mouse and keyboard
  • We're using raw mouse input to reduce latency and use the Windows hardware cursor throughout the game without any additional signal filtering to smooth or accelerate mouse movement by default
  • Advanced keyboard support – Keyboard hotkeys for every menu and app for faster access. Additionally, all hotkeys can be remapped.
  • Mouse-centric UI – Any UI screen, menus or smartphone app supports full mouse interaction, so the player can finish any UI task with the mouse only. Everything is clickable and has appropriate button states.
  • Toggle/Hold modes for different controls (aim, sprint, walk, inventory, etc.)
  • Driving has been adapted to suit the keyboard controls, with adjustable steering sensitivity. Same goes for driving camera sensitivity and auto-centering camera behavior
  • On-the-fly switching between mouse and keyboard to gamepad, without any additional options, UI will just switch to gamepad mode
  • Supported gamepads: Xbox One controller, PlayStation 4 DualShock controller

PC version also delayed until 29th of November (2 weeks after console launch)
LEGACY

PZ

Nice report, GKID  :-X

I'm excited to get the PS4 version and see how it goes.

OWGKID

I might get the game when I come home from the states  :-D Going to spend the first week there before travelling to LA ;) Would be nice to relive memories in front of my monitor  ^-^
LEGACY

PZ

Yes, that would be fun to relate the game to a real life experience. One of the reasons I like WD is because of the TV series (one of my favorites) that inspired the game.

OWGKID

Nice :) I'm not going to pre-order it, will wait for reviews regarding how it runs. I might go for a physical collector's box or a digital purchase  :)
LEGACY

PZ

If a collectors box includes physical meda, then I'm up for it as well.  However, I'll certainly do the PS4 version first to ensure I like it enough to get the PC version.

Tags:
🡱 🡳