Dogon Village

Started by JRD, April 30, 2009, 06:59:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

Be honest... you would visit this place during your vacations in Africa wouldn't you?

[smg id=239]

[smg id=242]

[smg id=240]

It seems so peaceful without mortars falling over you.....
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

spaceboy

Remember the pics PZ posted of the actual Dogon Village?  It was remarkable the job they did in the game.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

JRD

You're right... PZ's pics are amazing... so is the w@&k devs had!!
I had those screens in my PC for weeks and just forgot about them!
Took it after doing a night mission in Dogon where you have to blow up the kilns. I posted pics taken at night and wasn't satisfied with them, so I came back during day light

Art Blade

Quote from: JRD on April 30, 2009, 06:59:40 PM
Be honest... you would visit this place during your vacations in Africa wouldn't you?

I sure would... Dressed in a camo suit, equipped with an MP5, a 6P9 and a Dart Rifle. And a huge machete. ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

DKM2

http://www.dogontourism.com/en/438f2a15a0021

"enjoy the jewels of Dogon country"?  I hope we're not talking menus here.    :)

interesting thou.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Art Blade

thanks for the link, interesting read.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Great screen caps JRD,

Did you snipe the mortar guy from the location in the first pic?

Yes, this looks like a great place to visit, and though completely different in an architectural sense, it is still is somewhat reminiscent of the Anasazi cliff dwellings in the Four Corners area of southwestern USA (man, I love visiting those areas...)

JRD

Can't remember if I sniped the mortar guy... but from there, you will see him right behind a tree about in the middle of the screencap.

PZ

Well, that looks like a great place to snipe from, and perhaps bring the crossbow - you have clear line of sight to most of the village, and can shoot to heart's content - will try the next time I'm in the area!

JRD

Once I realized I could snipe about every merc from there, Dogon became one of my favourite places in the game ;)
Now, I walk in Dogon using the front door with nothing and nobody to bother me  ;D

DKM2

Looks too far away to me, but.

In the Northeast on the edge of the village there's a nice tall tower building with a ladder all the way to the top.
Easy to sneak in, day or night, snipe the mortar guy from there, with an AK even.
Then just relax, toss a grenade, pop your head up once and while and nail a few guys,
sip your drink, a little popcorn, toss another grenade, etc, etc...
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

JRD

Quote from: DKM2 on May 01, 2009, 11:33:20 AM
Looks too far away to me, but.

And it is... I moved up to take better screenshots.
If you look the third pic, in the upper right corner, you'll see a blue jeep parked by the slope. I usually go there to snipe. The blue jeep is there cos one merc spotted me and went there to die ;)

I like your tactic too... wll try it next time, thanks... Dogon is becoming a place full of ppraches  :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳