No Man's Sky

Started by Dweller_Benthos, April 11, 2016, 01:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

English.  We don't always understand out own awkward turn of phrases.

Person A: "You're always so gloomy."

Person B: "I've not smiled since my wife died"

Person A: "Why did you smile when your wife died?"
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

mmosu

How about this one:

Let's eat, Grandma!

Vs

Let's eat Grandma!

Punctuation saves lives...

mmosu

Here are some screenshots and short videos taken at a Japanese event where people got some hands-on time with the game. The galaxy looks a lot more fleshed out than when last we saw it:

https://youtu.be/JwEmpBlm2J0

Art Blade

funny English examples, guys :)

Quote from: mandru on July 25, 2016, 08:03:46 AMunderstand out own

Sometimes we need to identify a typo and find the correct word to replace it with in order to understand. :-D

Unfortunately, even "better" newspapers are riddled with typos, missing words and that sort of thing.. no problem here on our forum but geez, professional journalists.. where are the editors these days or have their workplaces been rationalised?
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

- mandru

Art Blade

c'mon, mandru.. typos have always been the salt in the soup here at OWG -- and I don't mean only yours. So.. cheer up, old bean  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

:laugh: :-X  ... after all, I am THE "boar" pilot!

Art Blade

I was actually thinking about that boar/boat typo :-D Obviously, R and T are so close together on the keyboard, mixing them up leads to funny or awkward statements. ^-^

PZ

I do it all the time!  :laugh:

fragger

mandru

- mandru

mmosu

Huh? Whar ate you ralking abour?     ;D

"Survive" trailer is out:

https://youtu.be/NMA3Xndh8Jo

Art Blade

PZ

The game looks like a true explorer's paradise

mmosu

So this will be my final news update before release. The reason is that some advance copies are already out in the wild and spoilers are literally pouring out into the internet. Rumor has it there is even a player that has discovered a glitch that allowed him to already reach the center. Hopefully this glitch will be fixed with a day one patch, but as of right now my advice is DO NOT search for ANYTHING, and I mean ANYTHING related to NMS, as there are apparently pictures of the center plastered all over Reddit right now. Hopefully in the end this will be a good thing, as it may give Hello Games time to correct the issue before it ruins the game, but in the meantime I will be taking my own advice and going dark to new content - I haven't seen TOO much, but I have accidentally seen more than I wanted to and it's time to stop. I hate that it has to be like this, but it's for the best.

fragger

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, me too. Luckily, I'm going on vacation next week, and will be pretty much off the Internet for all intents and purposes, except for brief intervals on certain evenings when I'm at someone's house who has Wifi and I'll check on e-mail and stuff like that. So "going dark" won't be so hard, but up until then, I'll just not look at stuff.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

fragger

Release date on Steam pushed back a few days to August 13th. I presume that's not just for Australia, but for everybody. I hope. I don't want to be the last one into space :-()

Art Blade

here it's 12th of August. Then again, you're going to be only 16 hours late, not days.

PZ

I can't wait to see OWG explorers posting pics of their adventures.  :-X

mmosu

Me too, and the amazing thing is they will all be of unique places that none of the individuals viewing those pictures will likely ever see for themselves.

Patch notes for day one are out and, as I had hoped, they contain a fix for the exploit that I had previously mentioned. Apparently there was a "warp cell" glitch that allowed players to make warp jumps >256 light years at a time and that was how they reached the center so quickly. A number of other features were in there as well including branches to the way the story progresses, redistribution of "alive" and "dead" planets/moons, tweaking of the atmospheric effects and planet rotation (leading to more dramatic and interesting skyscapes) and also economy changes, to name a few.  They said that some of these features will continue to develop as the game matures, and they also teased some things that will be in the next patch, including improved anti-aliasing, shadow effects, and a new and improved cloud-generation algorithm. 

Patch notes have never gotten me so excited before. Tonight my daughter and I (she's just as excited as I am) will be attending the release event at my local retailer (something I've never done for another game) and then I'm likely to be in my bunker for a little while  :-D
See you starside gentlemen!

Art Blade

fragger

Enjoy the show, mmosu :-X

There is at least one vid on Youtube showing the centre of the galaxy, which I stubbornly refuse to watch - not just for the spoiler aspect, but on principle. These pathetic attention-seekers that have to show off with a "look what I did" don't care that they might ruin it for others. Those others that are silly enough to watch the video, that is.

T-minus 4 days and counting ^-^

mmosu

Thanks guys. I won't say much here so as not to spoil anything, other than to complain that my starter planet is a toxic green hell scape with few resources  :D

Tags:
🡱 🡳