All you'd like to know about Super Yachts

Started by Binnatics, January 07, 2016, 12:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

Hello everyone,

With the latest update Rockstar gave us (yes, they gave us again free DLC stuff) Super Yachts. I bought one and thought it would be nice to give you an impression of what this super luxury detail actually gives.

[smg id=8407 type=preview align=center caption="Doc Tease menu"]

When you go to Dock Tease webshop you can choose between 3 different yachts. They all look more or less the same, but the difference consists of additional items, like an included boat or helicopter, a hot tub and/or an additional helipad on deck. The price varies between 6 and 8 million and when you buy the most expensive one, the Aquarius, it will come with all additional luxuries.
When you buy a Yacht you will w@&k yourself through a number of menus where you can decide visual aspects such as your own custom name, colour, light effects on deck and even chrome or gold details (railings, ankers and such). I chose the most luxurious and added my personal taste to its design and paid a total of close to 10 million in game dollars.

[smg id=8408 type=preview align=center caption="The Flying Dutchman"]

The customizations aren't permanent. You can go back to the same menu after purchase and change it back to something else. (You will have to pay for these changes though). The purchose is permanent though. You can only buy one super yacht, and can't buy a second if you want to. Not with the same character at least. I don't know if you can change to a more luxurious yacht type after purchase, haven't tried that. But I strongly recommend the most expensive one. It will come with both the Lampadati Toro and the Carbon Helicopter. These two alone would cost you like over 5 million, so that makes the rest of the yacht rather cheap ^-^

[smg id=8409 type=preview align=center caption="Dinghy"]

The additional vehicles delivered with the yacht (in my case the Carbon Heli, the Toro, The Dinghy and 4 yetskis) will have a colour that matches with your yacht. For example; my yacht is completely white (pristine). I have a white Dinghy added to it. Something I ever saw before.

Your yacht will be present whenever you are in free mode (online session). You can enter your yacht at 2 different locations, and has basically the same functionality as a safe house. One entrance gives you access to the controlroom. There is the captain who will navigate your yacht as you wish. (He will also be added as a contact in your phone menu, giving you the option to send a pickup boat or helicopter)

[smg id=8406 type=preview align=center caption="The Cap and I"]

In this controlroom you can see a map of the island. It looks all quite fancy and you can hear radar blips, giving you the impression to be in a hightech command room where battles are being planned across the field. Here are a set of screenies showing the controlroom with the 12 spawning locations. (Having your ship navigated from one point to another will cost $25k)

[smg id=8394 type=preview align=center caption="Yacht Location 1"]

[smg id=8395 type=preview align=center caption="Yacht Location 2"]

[smg id=8396 type=preview align=center caption="Yacht Location 3"]

[smg id=8397 type=preview align=center caption="Yacht Location 4"]

[smg id=8398 type=preview align=center caption="Yacht Location 5"]

[smg id=8399 type=preview align=center caption="Yacht Location 6"]

[smg id=8400 type=preview align=center caption="Yacht Location 7"]

[smg id=8401 type=preview align=center caption="Yacht Location 8"]

[smg id=8402 type=preview align=center caption="Yacht Location 9"]

[smg id=8403 type=preview align=center caption="Yacht Location 10"]

[smg id=8404 type=preview align=center caption="Yacht Location 11"]

[smg id=8405 type=preview align=center caption="Yacht Location 12"]

In the following pictures you see some relaxing around the yacht, for which it is an excellent location:

[smg id=8410 type=preview align=center caption="Hot Tub"]

[smg id=8411 type=preview align=center caption="Leaning on the prow"]

[smg id=8412 type=preview align=center caption="Somewhat unusual docking"]
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

Nice, BinnZ!

Are most (if not all) the free DLC items you guys have been discussing specifically for online play?

Binnatics

Not all, some cars also come available for SP. But this yacht stuff is Online only :)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Nice Binnatics :)

PZ, indeed not all but you're right, Rockstar is pretty much focussing on keeping their online community happy. For free.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

I never did get around to trying any of the online stuff that I might be able to do in an offline kind of way with my slow connection. But that yacht looks pretty cool. I take it you can't drive it around yourself? It's always anchored when you get aboard?
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Dang, that's a shame. I like the idea of free DLC, but I have never developed any kind of fondness for online gaming  :-\\

Art Blade

D_B:
You can choose between 12 different locations for your yacht (that's what you see in some of the screenies) and instead of watching yourself (or the yacht) travelling there you get to see a cutscene. Then it will be anchored again so indeed, you'll never see anything but an anchored yacht while the locations may vary.

PZ:
The only way I can stand online gaming is playing in private sessions (other players may join but by invitation only) and I play almost exclusively with members from OWG.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Oh and PZ,

If you are so curious for the Online world and possibilities, there's lots of stuff you can do on your own. Many so called 'contact missions' (the ones that you usually get invited to through phone calls from for example Ron, Simeon or Lester) can be played on your own. It usually allows you to play from 1 up to 8 players in a coop approach. Some have a minimum of 2 players, and one even a minimum of 4, like most heists, but many can be done alone ;)

You should actually give it a try sometimes to join us on a heist. It's fun and with a little instructions it isn't too difficult, and quite entertaining. The heists are the best way of making money, which allows you to buy all these cool features.  ;)

PZ

Thanks for the info guys  :-X

Typically my gaming problem is that I never know when I have time to play, and even when I do I often have to pause the game to get up to take care of something.  That doesn't sound like it would w@&k too well when gaming with friends.

I'll try some of the online private one of these days, and if I see you chaps online, might join you.  However, be forewarned that I an not a good player!  :-()

Art Blade

don't worry, we might bring Dogzilla as your personal motivation coach and you'll see, you'll acquire the skill needed in no time.  :-D

Binnatics

^-^

No worries PZ! When we see you accidentally popup we'll remind you ;)

PZ

:laugh:

Unfortunately the only skills I have are with computers, and at that, only if given enough time to thoroughly think it through.  Does sound like fun though

OWGKID

My friend bought one in GTA Online. I was quite surprised when I took a look outside and inside his yacht  :o
LEGACY

Art Blade

Binnatics

I forgot to give you some more info about the inside of the yacht. So here some more caps about our floating palaces:

[smg id=8430 type=preview align=center caption="Waking up in The Dutchman"]

[smg id=8431 type=preview align=center caption="dressing up to play"]

[smg id=8432 type=preview align=center caption="A little spirit from my personal Mademoiselle"]

[smg id=8433 type=preview align=center caption="Honeymoon suite"]

[smg id=8434 type=preview align=center caption="Sniper Rifle "]

[smg id=8435 type=preview align=center caption="Looking good"]

[smg id=8436 type=preview align=center caption="The Flying Dutchman in the distance"]

Art Blade

yep, looking good :)

It is indeed impressive when you play online and are close to the coast and then you see a yacht the size of the Titanic on the horizon. :-D If more players with yachts are in the same session and those yachts are all anchored in the same area it looks like a fleet of cruise liners. Massive!  :)

OWGKID

Nice pics  :-D Yes, I find them quite impressive. Too bad I don't have the money to buy one of them  8-X
LEGACY

Art Blade

save up  :-() I haven't got one (yet) either. Too busy spending money on car overhauls and all that ^-^

Binnatics

Play 25 pacific standard heists and you're done ^-^

OWGKID

With a 25% cut I assume? (312500$*25=7812500) + Add my 627K in my bank = 8439500$ If I only had the time to do heists  8-X :'(
LEGACY

Binnatics

On a complete pacific heist you will make 26k per setup = 130k plus 20% cut of the finale = 250k, which is together close to 380k.
Being the host you will only get 40% cut from the finale = 500k minus what you spend as a starting fee (100k) which is 400k.

So roughly 400k per heist (you might sell a car or 2 during the process which will garantee you 400k per heist. Take that 25 times and you have 10 million :)

OWGKID

I based my calculations with a 25% cut (for the sake of fairness between the players) ;) I don't have any expensive vehicles (still using my gold-painted Hotrod ATV/Felon GT). Maybe we could do heists in the weekend  :-D
LEGACY

Art Blade

4x25% is not fair, it's stupid. Unless you can mint coins and print money.

You see, the host has to pay 100k and gets 312.5k in return = 212.5k win while ALL of the rest you invited will make some money on every setup they participate in and may rack up a nice sum, up to 442.5k as a net win. So the guys you invite make twice as much money as you do.

That's why a 40/20/20/20 share is fair -- all four players will end up with about the same amount of money.

OWGKID

LEGACY

Binnatics

Many players though use the 25% as a gesture of generosity or a sign of camaraderie. If you play much together and share the hosting it will come down to the same outcome. Anyway; playing heists is the best way to make money. And it takes long before it gets boring. You have 6 missions to play through and each is different.

It can become boring though, after many, many times. I myself already completed 297 heist finales. That is a sum of all 5 different finales but still. I do get a bit bored especially when we play Pacific again. The money is so damn good on the other hand :angel:

Tags:
🡱 🡳