Simple trick for downloading YouTube videos

Started by fragger, December 10, 2015, 03:58:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere or not. It's quick and easy, and there's nothing to install.

1. Go to YouTube and select a clip to download.

2. In the YouTube clip's URL window, insert the letters "ss" right before the word "youtube" in the URL address, like this (I put square brackets around these so they wouldn't show up as hyperlinks):

(original address)     [https://www.youtube.com/watch...<index>]

(modified address)     [https://www.ssyoutube.com/watch...<index>]

3. Hit Enter. After a moment, a new screen will appear. This will show the YouTube URL for the clip at the top. After a moment the thumbnail and clip title will also appear, along with a download button. When it appears, the download button will also have an option drop-down attached to it that will allow you to select a different display format and resolution. Click on the download button when ready and the usual Windows DL dialog will appear asking you where to save the clip to. Choose a location and hit save.

4. Watch the clip at your leisure!

Dweller_Benthos

Interesting, I'll have to keep that in mind. Though, if you want an HD or high fps version, you need a downloader. But for a basic 720p 30 fps vid, seems to w@&k fine.

Thanks for the tip, it will come in handy. I like to download videos at w@&k and watch them at home on the TV instead of the PC. Thing is, my TV can't deal with 1080p videos that have 60fps, so I have to grab those at 720p anyway.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

One of the best tips I've seen in a while, fragger +1  :-X

Art Blade

it is actually not a trick but a service by SaveFrom.net, it still is a nice tip  :) :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

nexor

Thanks fragger mate, it works fine.  Just downloaded the Miss Universe blunder Idiot Steve Harvey made, I hope he never gets asked to appear on stage ever again.

fragger

Welcome nex :)

Yep, that blunder was unforgivable, yet apparently they've already asked him to host the event again next year. Maybe he'll make an even bigger stuff up next time and declare himself the winner :-()

Tags:
🡱 🡳