BUG: becoming stuck in hacking terminals

Started by PZ, November 23, 2015, 11:47:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

For those that have high refresh rate monitors, you might become stuck in the hacking terminals with no way to continue the game (happened to me last night)

This is the fix: http://www.gamepur.com/guide/21122-how-fix-fallout-4-stuck-terminals-bug.html

PZ

I've an Acer 144hz monitor and kept becoming stuck in the terminals. Even using the console to turn on clipping did nothing to repair the issue - still stuck in place unable to move after exiting the terminal.

To fix my problem, I did an update to the nVidia driver, then opened the control panel and navigated to the 3D settings. Chose Fallout 4 then scrolled to vsync - set it to "let the program decide" and problem solved - no more stuck in terminal bug

fragger

OWGKID

So Bethesda never bothered to program the physics engine independent from the frame-rate? Seems like they didn't learned their lesson from Skyrim's physics issues :D ::) >:((
LEGACY

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

Makes me wonder who they sell the most games to.  Could they be doing that intentionally so that PCs don't have a huge advantage over consoles?  ????

I mean that would kind of keep consoles relevant and on par for the people that prefer playing on a console. 
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

If I have just a casual interest ina game, then I'll get it for the PS4, but if I'm serious, then definitely the PC version.  Graphics are way better, and for the most part, I like the controls better.

I suspect as GKID - Bethesda never really followed through with past mistakes.  In the end however, I suspect that enough people with high frame rates will turn the tide.  There appear to be plenty of complaints already.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game, and am happy that there is a fix for a potentially game breaking bug that has turned out to be a minor inconvenience.

OWGKID

Problem is, the engine has to be re-tooled if the physics logic is tied to the frame rate and I guess Bethesda don't want to re-release Fallout 4 because of that...

The latest Need for Speed was delayed on the PC version to accomodate unlocked frame rate. NFS Rivals would go crazy with an unlocked frame rate :laugh:

LEGACY

Art Blade

funny vid (TotalBiscuit's comments, actually)  :laugh:
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

OWGKID

"I would imagine that the audience in this game are drooling idiots, that at least Ghost Games seems to be of belief"  :laugh: :-D
"Why do we have to get through a lot of tutorials (and cutscenes) for a game that has, like four bloody keys?!"  :-()

Yes indeed ^-^ :-()
LEGACY

fragger

Dweller_Benthos

The physics being locked to the framerate reminds me of the bad old days when games had their internal timers set to the clock speed of the CPU. Probably a good idea when you're trying to get the most out of a CPU like the old 386, but play the game on a 486 running at 20mHz (yep, my first computer was a 486-20) and it's a bit funny to watch. I guess that's why they put those "turbo" buttons on those computers, to run the CPU slower to match old 386 speeds.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Ever tried to play a 386 pinball game on a 486? Bloody hell. :-D

OWGKID

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on November 27, 2015, 05:42:42 AM
The physics being locked to the framerate reminds me of the bad old days when games had their internal timers set to the clock speed of the CPU.

Like this?  :laugh:
LEGACY

fragger

PZ

OWGKID

Quote from: mandru on November 25, 2015, 07:27:41 AM
Makes me wonder who they sell the most games to.  Could they be doing that intentionally so that PCs don't have a huge advantage over consoles?  ????

It's because modders will fix their broken game anyway  :laugh: :D Or some stupid programmers that can't code properly...
LEGACY

Tags:
🡱 🡳