Far Cry 4 the beginning area.

Started by OWGKID, October 13, 2015, 06:01:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OWGKID

A redditor called Uuliva managed to get to the starting area of the campaign :o by using a trainer. Here are some pics:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
Random panels floating in the air ???
The same panels viewed from behind :o
Random luggage...
The road...
Almost at the checkpoint...
The border itself. Note how the road ends into nowhere in the background. :laugh: :o
The entire border town  :)
LEGACY

PZ

???

It has been so long since I have been in FC4 I don't even recognize it

mandru

Nice find GKID7891.  Interesting.  ????   :-X +1

So this is the (for lack of better words) isolated annex location used to stage the game intro where the bus gets bushwhacked by Mins troops?  So much w@&k put into an area we never get a good look at. 

The pile of confiscated luggage is particularly eerie and would have made for a good foreshadowing of what Ajay had to look forward to as he entered Kyrat.  Makes you wonder why Darpan a supposed prime operative for the Golden Path selected this point of entry.

Then again that pile of collected loot looks pretty fresh and unweathered so the intensified guard presence at the border may have been recently increased because Min's spies in India (I think that was where Ajay was approaching from) had detected a Ghale with a crematory urn approaching Kyrat.

It would be interesting if possible to activate the map feature and see if (and where) this location is tucked away.  I would bet it's in some unused fog covered portion of the overall game map.  I know that opening the map while in Durgesh prison shows you are just a stone's throw from Min's fortress* when at a time in the game where you've not unlocked the King's Bridge to open up the North territory which leaves the unanswered question of how Sabal was able to recover your unconscious body after your escape.

Just a little bit of a continuity error there on the developer's part.  :-D

*Edit: I added a correction on this misinformation in my next post

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Binnatics

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

OWGKID

Quote from: mandru on October 13, 2015, 09:13:41 AM
Nice find GKID7891.  Interesting.  ????   :-X +1

So this is the (for lack of better words) isolated annex location used to stage the game intro where the bus gets bushwhacked by Mins troops?  So much w@&k put into an area we never get a good look at. 

It would be interesting if possible to activate the map feature and see if (and where) this location is tucked away. 

Thanks for the kudo  ^-^ :-X The coordinates for this place is X: 851 Y: 847 according to the redditor. Yes, it is the location where Ajay's bus gets attacked ;)
LEGACY

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

That helped thanks for the coordinated GKID7891.  :-X

So that puts the location for the opening scene N.E. of Min's fortress (not the palace).

Edit correction:  In my previous post I'd incorrectly said that Durgesh was a stone's throw from Min's fortress.  Durgesh is actually much further to the South along the Eastern Kyrat border.

The area where you escape from Paul De Pleur's residence at the beginning of the game and w@&k your way towards the bell tower and that avalanche is actually the location that I was thinking of that is up near Min's fortress putting the tutorial escape from De Pluer's residence very close to where the bus ride into Kyrat takes place that GKID7891 posted screenshots of in the Northeastern part of the map.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

OWGKID

Yeah, it is interesting to see what Ubisoft has hidden in the game. This place is like the island you escape from Vaas' camp in Far Cry 3 (only used in the beginning, but its location is in-game althought hidden/unaccessible. ::) :D
LEGACY

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, essentially a set piece, like a movie set, all facade and no substance, meant only to be viewed from one or two angles. But those angles look really good.

As for where it is in the map, probably not accurate to where it should be in the actual game world, just an empty space that was big enough to hold it and not be seen under normal circumstances during a normal play through.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

in other games there were those "secret" areas stuffed with all kinds of items, sometimes even all available weapons. Some kind of playground, a sand box to test stuff.. and never mind deleting it.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

OWGKID

Yes indeed, I had a glitch with one of Buck's missions. Due to some modding of my jump height (I managed to breach the level geometry :laugh: :-D >:D), I managed to skip certain checkpoints. After the mission ended, I could see the checkpoint marker 8 km away to the south-west of the Northern Island :o

LEGACY

PZ

OWGKID

Quote from: Art Blade on October 14, 2015, 10:09:19 AM
in other games there were those "secret" areas stuffed with all kinds of items, sometimes even all available weapons. Some kind of playground, a sand box to test stuff

I have watched videos about mods that have found unused/recycled/hidden in-game areas and objects. I also remember by looking into the FC3 files, I found some unused code for the weapons from Far Cry 2.
LEGACY

Tags:
🡱 🡳