Fallout 4 announced. Here's the official trailer.

Started by OWGKID, June 03, 2015, 07:10:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OWGKID

LEGACY

PZ

Very nice  :-X  I have enjoyed Fallout 3 and New Vegas, particularly because of the mods available.  I will definitely get this one.

Makes me want to install FO3 and play again.

Art Blade

you'll never find enough time to play any of your games already installed if you do  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

I never got around to installing the copy of FO3 that a friend gave me, it just looked too complex and RPG-ish to me.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on June 03, 2015, 10:19:29 AM
you'll never find enough time to play any of your games already installed if you do  :-D

lol, you're absolutely right.  I rarely have the time, but I do love them anyway so I install them with the hopes that one day I will find enough time to really enjoy.

D_B - you are correct in the RPG qualities of the game, which is something that I typically do not like.  However, in this game, the theme of the game is what kept my interest.  I like the apocalyptic feel of the game - what might have occurred if the cold war had a violent outcome.  Plus, it has that FC2 feel where you are a lone individual roaming the desolated world.

Binnatics

Achievement hunting made me explore every square inch of FO3, including all DLC packs. I disliked the RPG in the game as well. Makes you want to visit web pages to find the correct answers instead of failing on several attempts. I liked the roaming a lot, and I liked the way the world was designed, as well as the way fast traveling was implemented. Some areas really gave me the shivers.
This is one of very few games that keep triggering my memory every once in a while. It was immersive indeed.
I never played FO New Vegas, because I was still tired of the massive FO3 and expected more of the same.

This video looks good and promissing. I'm not tired anymore, so I am curious now :) The video was kind of reminding me also of Borderlands. Which is not a bad thing, gameplay-wise ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

I see elements of FO3 and FNV in this iteration, but the graphics are stellar compared to the prior games.

There are two titles that I'm eagerly anticipating, FO4 and JC3

PZ

Stiku

Looks alot like Sims, lets build a house, and have dog(how original).
Bethesda is just like EA and Ubisoft, they make games that should have been left alone long time ago, just raping the name of a good title since FO3.  >:((

PZ

Yeah, but I am eagerly anticipating the game because I'm the type of person that likes to watch the same movie repeatedly, especially if it is a remake using the latest technology  :-()

Art Blade

Something to lure PZ away from his kitchen might be something like this:

Get it now, Sir Charles Spencer "Charlie" Chaplin's 2015 state of the art collector's edition of "The Gold Rush" (1925) completely remastered in full natural colour, DTS-HD Master Audio (you've never experienced a silence that crisp!) presented in a mind-blowing 4K resolution giving you a smashing 3D mega experience!
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Art Blade

PZ

Still the most anticipated game for me this year - I doubt there are any timed elements  8-X

They claim to have over 50 base weapons, and you are said to be able to craft over 700 modifications from scrap parts you find in the world.  i.e., you can modify your weapons into something completely new.

Combat exploration

Spoiler

Game play exploration

Spoiler

Extra game play footage

Spoiler

Dweller_Benthos

OK, just stop. Stop making this game look so interesting to me. I mean really, I don't want a black hole that big sucking the time out of my life. I mean really.
D_B

PZ

:laugh:  I know what you mean, D_B  :-()

It does look really interesting though, and I'm sure the modding community will have plenty to add.  What is quite interesting is the ability to change a weapon into virtually anything dependent on what junk you find in the world.  In one of the clips, the gamer had attached two circular saw blades to the end of a baseball bat - looked cool  >:D

I also like the armored suit - kind of like a bulky version of the Iron man suit - you can even mod that suit.

Building your own communities linked by trade caravans also appears to be a side thing to do (optional).  You can purchase a generator, lights, and other things, and then wire them so you power your place.

Dweller_Benthos

Seriously, did you not hear me when I said stop making the game sound so good?   :laugh:
D_B

PZ

Art Blade

PZ

Don't look D_B...

Spoiler
Fallout 4 has more lines of dialog than Fallout 3 and Skyrim combined.  The claim is that there are over 110,000 lines of dialog.  Gone are the days of hearing "Hey... you hear about Ned??" repeatedly  :-()

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fallout-4-has-more-voice-lines-than-skyrim-fallout/1100-6430306/

http://www.pcgamer.com/fallout-4-has-more-dialogue-than-fallout-3-and-skyrim-combined-but-no-three-dog/

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

:'(   >:(

ehhhh who plays a game to listen to people talk anyway?

'bout time for a FO4 dedicated board, no?
D_B

PZ

You looked, D_B!!  ???

Yes, a FO4 board needs to be added  ^-^

Art Blade

+1 :-X for realising it, PZ  :-()

Just to clarify: realising as in making it happen rather than being aware of it. :-D

PZ

Tags:
🡱 🡳