Tips for buying laptop

Started by Binnatics, May 09, 2015, 02:24:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

Hello friends,

I am looking for a laptop for my parents. I aim for a device around €500,-. Comfort, reliability and ease of use are the main goals. It's not necessary to have tons of HDD space, it doesn't have to run demanding programs like games ( :-D), it will be probably used only for browsing the net, using email, typewriting etc. Maybe watching a video or two.

The most important thing I want to be sure of, is that the machine is of good quality, that can easily run without trouble for 5 years or so. Do you guys have experience with machines from various brands that offer reliable hardware?

Let me know any tips or good experiences!

Thanx in forward :)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

I haven't purchased a laptop in quite a few years, but my latest acquisition is a real gem - Microsoft's Surface Pro 3.  I use it for everything from sitting in bed with morning coffee with attached magnetic keyboard to full blown video capture/rendering at w@&k without keyboard.  I take it to all meetings, and use OneNote for taking notes with the extremely precise pen.

OneNote stores the notebooks on OneDrive so all my devices instantly have access to the same notebook.

You can purchase a significant number of variations depending on your needs starting at $500.  I believe all variants run W8.1

It is not for everyone, but if I had to give up everything and be satisfied with only one computer, this would be it because it serves all my needs except gaming of course.

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/products/surface-3?SEMID=1&WT.srch=1&ocid=ONECONSTABS3_SEM_GOO_Generic_AW_en-US_tablets&wt.mc_id=ONECONSTABS3_SEM_GOO_Generic_AW_en-US_tablets

Tags:
🡱 🡳