Nvidia's GTA V graphic options guide

Started by OWGKID, April 28, 2015, 04:11:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OWGKID

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/grand-theft-auto-v-pc-graphics-and-performance-guide

Nvidia's own guide to tweak GTA V's graphical settings to get the most immersive experience :o :-() ^-^
LEGACY

PZ

What a coincidence - I was just thinking about a topic regarding graphics settings!  ^-^

OWGKID

:-() I have most of my settings at Very high/Ultra. The exceptions would be grass and PostFX ;)
LEGACY

PZ

I just chose the default, which appeared to set most things on the highest setting, and it runs at 60fps.  However, like the article indicated, there are instances where performance will change dependent on what is occurring in the game.

It will make an interesting read  ^-^

OWGKID

Okay  ;) I prefer to customize them  :-D
LEGACY

Stiku

Me as well, Always like fine tuning stuff when I start playing a new game, just to see what works, unless everything is allready high a possible.

Binnatics

Good one GKID! I do have some framerate drops every now and then. They are a flaw, and can easily be cured, but in very crowded areas I do loose a bit of performance. I will dig into it this weekend, see what I can improve ;D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

OWGKID

Grass/ PostFX are something that shouldn't be on ultra. I have grass on "High" and PostFX on "Very High". Lost a lot of FPS with PostFx on ultra :D >:((
LEGACY

PZ

Shadows and grass are what I'm interested in experimenting with

Art Blade

just in case:

IF you notice that your game crashes, particularly when switching between characters, it will likely have to do with some settings that went beyond recommended levels.

In that case (if you experience crashes and can't seem to fix it) just go to

HD:\Users\Your Name\Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA V\Profiles\Random Gibberish

there, delete cfg.dat and pc_settings.bin

restart the game

you'll then again (as you did when first installing) have to accept some third party stuff and do the brightness setup but the game will most likely run flawlessly again.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Binnatics

Good tip Art! :-X :)

I haven't been experiencing any crashes during character switching, actually almost no freeze or crash at all. Just the framerate drops so far. And not too often either ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

OWGKID

Quote from: PZ on April 28, 2015, 10:51:50 PM
Shadows and grass are what I'm interested in experimenting with

Shadows can be maxed. Grass is a different story  :angel:  8-X
LEGACY

Tags:
🡱 🡳