BinnZ goes to Vinewood

Started by Binnatics, April 14, 2015, 12:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

Three and a half years ago, GTA V was officially announced by Rockstar Games. I remember it as yesterday; a crisp video showing a city, countryside, activities, just like back in the days when we used to roll in San Andreas. I remember reading the letters Los Santos on a graffiti under a viaduct and how excited I was that we would return to that huge world, with all its possibilities and with nowadays graphics and multiplayer options.

And today, finally, after 1266 days of waiting in anticipation, will I be able to walk my first steps in the renewed Los Santos; will I drive through Blane County and will I fly over to Mount Chilliad again and use a bike to ride, errr, fall down and break my neck >:D

I am almost scared. Will it really be that good? Will it not be a great disappointment after all? Will the game run well, without bugs? f@#k me, let's get it over with and start the freaking game!!!!!!! 8)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

Binnatics

Okay, here it is, my very first impression: Awesomeness!!! This is Call of Duty, Midnight Club, Max Payne, LA Noire all together in one master piece. Incredible!!!!

The first mission, 9 years ago, gives a nice twist to the brotherhood of these 3 men, well, at least 2 of them already. Then, when switching to Franklin, s#!t gets down Los Santos Style. What an introduction. A freaking repo job, and this Lamar guy, he's just one of these Grove Street mofo's, kind of like CJ's older Brother. Even sounds like him ^-^
Franklin is funny. I got distracted immediately by the side missions, basically the Freaks out there. I did a paparazzi mission for some weirdo and then a street race. Excellent. Not that easy though to get gold medals on the s#!t. Quite some challenges out there ;)

The driving is slightly different than in GTA IV. I heard it was to become easier, and it seems that way. I got to get used to the heavy brakes, for the rest it feels good already.

The city reminds me a lot of LA Noire. They really did a great job blending that sunny LA feeling into GTA style gameplay. Excellent!!!

Michael reminds me a lot of Max Payne, in MP3. How he rages at them scumbags when they steal his boat, priceless :-() I really like Michael.

I haven't met the psychopath yet, but he seems to be like some sort of manhunt character :)

The shootout in the snow with the police reminded me so much of CoD. Realistic aiming and shooting, and excellent red-crosshair effect when killing a target. Reminds me of the "Critical" notification in Borderlands ;D

The game runs smooth, without a flaw or hickup, and the graphics look excellent. I wouldn't know what exactly my framerate is, but it's good enough to not having to think about it 8)

This game is going to cost me a LOT of time :-D

[smg id=7801]
All a man could ask for 8) 8)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Stiku

Trevor's(psychopath) nuts, really great with lines.
Once you get there, youll be amazed the lines he pulls.

OWGKID

Some quotes from Trevor  :laugh: :-D >:D ??? Will add more when I hear them  :laugh: :-D

Spoiler
"Good lord goodbye :laugh: (Out of ammo/car crash)"
"TWAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!" (Out of ammo/insulting people)
"My name is Trevor, what's your name?" (enabling his special ability)
"Bullshit!" (Out of ammo)
"s#!t, s#!t, s#!t" (Out of ammo/getting a wanted level/car crash)
LEGACY

Art Blade

Binnatics, agree - lots of time. Almost all-consuming, that game  :-X :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Agreed - just the exploration alone.  The graphics are so detailed, I was thinking that you could easily need to hike the streets to see everything

Binnatics

Today I went up North. Close to the military base. I went there because I joined GKID in an online session. Man, the landscape overthere, it's so marvellous. I was wading through a swamp, knee-deep in the dirt. All the different countryside styles are so freaking detailed and real.... I have never imagined playing a game like this. The nature is so lively, the landscape so real.... and the tanks so devastating  >:D

Art Blade

Hehe :) The "nature" is really impressive, landscape, animals.. I took a walk when I was just fresh into the game and instantly got chased by one of those fucking mountain lions or what they're called -- he wasted me right there and then  :angry-new:
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

LOL :laugh:

I laughed my guts off today when I did that torture job on the Azerbeidjan guy with Trevor. T is brutal it's becoming funny!

It was priceless pulling that tooth out of his mouth, and horrible, but I was laughing all the time :-D

I'm afraid I'm turning into a psychopath myself >:D

Art Blade

what do you mean, "turning?"

:-D

Binnatics

:laugh:

You're right; the madness was already there, it's like someone left the gate open.... :-D

Art Blade

:-()

Ever since I first saw that torture scene in a YT playthrough I've found it really appalling.

Binnatics

I was getting afraid of myself, honest :angel:

I wish I could say something else, but I really enjoyed it >:D >:D >:D

PZ

BinnZ is our first confirmed serial killer  8-X  :laugh:

Art Blade

Binnatics

Stiku

Quote from: PZ on April 18, 2015, 09:54:23 AM
BinnZ is our first confirmed serial killer  8-X  :laugh:

Sociopath.

PZ

OWGKID

LEGACY

Binnatics

Quote from: Stiku on April 19, 2015, 06:29:07 PM
Sociopath.
Oh no!!!!... \:/

Michael is the big sociopath in this game! :angel:

Art Blade

maybe we could say that under certain circumstances you assume a role of a sociopathic serial killer when playing games while you're gold at heart in real life. :)

Art Blade

Somehow I expected that someone might put two and two together and pass a comment..

Binnatics

:-()

He is ^-^ The whole world turns around him and him alone. That doesn't make it an awful guy, I love him too 8)

Oh, and thank you Art for your compliment :-X :)
Can't say you're playing a role as sociopathic serial killer in games, I'd rather call you a calculating maniac assassin, but I can definitely say the latter of you too :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳