Just Cause 3

Started by PZ, April 12, 2015, 08:51:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

... is an other title I'm really looking forward to

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/just-cause-3-release-date-revealed-in-new-trailer/1100-6425290/

The graphics are excellent.  The entire map is available from the start of the game, unlike Ubisoft titles where you need to endure the annoying "locked" areas until the developers deem it appropriate to let you have access.  Kind of reminds me of Apple - they know best what you should do with their product.

In an open world environment, I still do not "get" the logic of having areas locked until you accomplish what the moron developers want you to do.

Stiku

I don't really get Just Cause series, I know it has usually alot of things to do, but to me its just mindless chaos and destroying that just doesn't bring me anything. JC2 also had really boring story, I didn't even finish it because it got too boring to even concentrate to it.  :-(

Hope they bring something that I can actually use my brain on, not just running, flying and destroying things. :D

Binnatics

The world of JC2, the size, detail and design, shocked me when I first entered the game. But the game mechanics scared me away from pushing through the campaign, so I wouldn't know about it.

If they deliver a similar world, with enhanced graphics of course, and a good campaign, I bet it will be a lot of fun. They at least have the proper approach of an open world ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

I had a lot of fun with JC2, and later with all those mods for it  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I still play JC2 (modded on the PC), and with the new PC, playing on ultra is a breeze.  Right now JC3 is my most eagerly anticipated game of this season

Art Blade

hehe, it's good to have something to look forward to  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Indeed - I'm disappointed with the Ubisoft titles, and dismayed with Rockstars release of GTA-V with the 5 gb "update" because I see those as the the wave of the future in gaming.  However, from a simple gaming perspective, I love the features of JC2, and JC3 appears to be much the same, which is perfect in my book

Art Blade

I understand that 5GB is a bit heavy for someone with limited internet access, I'd be dismayed too. Regarding UBI, those greedy bastards finally convinced me to not spend any money on any of their products again until I hear that they have constantly improved their whole concept of customer care and quality assurance to a point that it is safe to buy their products again.

PZ

Me too - I'll wait until FC4 is bargain basement even though I already appreciate the game - the same with AC5.  I want Ubi to receive as little profit as they can from my purchase.  I realize that my silent protest makes no difference, but it makes me feel better.

Art Blade

mandru

I saw the trailer for JC3 and it looked intriguing.

I'll have to wait until one of you guys are kitted up and into the game to see if it builds on the character you've developed through the first two games or (preferably) if it is genuinely a stand alone title.

That will be a "Must Have" condition for me.  I'm cool with missing some of the inside jokes drawing from earlier series titles but I've no interest in being penalized (by the developers) through things like reduced abilities or combat stats because I haven't purchased their previous products.

And please, oh please.  Tell me it's not Trojan horsed up by being locked into Steam dependency.  That's a deal killer.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Binnatics

Steam is okay Mandru, learn to live with it :-()
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

:laugh: :-X  even AB has learned to live with Steam, which I must admit, is one of the better brokers of games.  Some of the deals are absolutely killer - my "watch" list contains titles that are not too often available for $5 when the same title on Amazon is $19.95

mandru

Quote from: Binnatics on July 04, 2015, 09:43:30 AM
Steam is okay Mandru, learn to live with it :-()

Hmm...  :-\\

When I look at a game in a store the first thing I check is to see if a Steam account is listed in the requirements.  Sometimes never again means never again.  I'm funny that way.

Back in the mid 70's I had a conflict with the phone company in Seattle.  It was one of the Bell Telephone tentacles. I'd gone into a local service and billing office to try to get an unauthorized Person to Person call for $75 removed from our bill.  The call had originated from another state 1500 miles away and had given our phone number as the "Bill To" number.  There was no record of a confirmation call to our home phone seeking authorization before connecting the call.

The caller and the recipient (as they were far removed from where I lived) were completely unknown to me.  The caller who had requested the considerably higher priced Person to Person connection (through a live Operator) hadn't used my name so it should have been clear to the receptionist I was trying to explain this situation to that I really was not the one who had authorized the call and that it shouldn't be on my bill.  I'd never even been to the locations where these two strangers were from.

The receptionist refused to assist me and make the adjustment to my account.  I asked for a supervisor and was told that they'd all gone for a long lunch and wouldn't be back that day.

When I told the receptionist that if I was forced to pay for the call I would cancel my service to which she (in her best attempt at a haughty taunting tone of voice) replied "You can't live in this day and age without a telephone!"

"What I really can't live with is a tyrannical company that refuses to correct obvious erroneous billings."  I asked her "Are there any outstanding fees for long distance calls on my account so far this month?"

She confirmed that there was only the current month's connection fees there were no additional long distance charges.

"I'm cancelling and cutting all connections with you.  I'm paying off the full balance for this month as well as the bill for last month with its clearly incorrect billing that you refuse to correct.  Tell me what I owe you."

I paid the quoted amount and said "I need a termination of service notice stamped paid in full with today's date, time and your initials.  Oh!  And you can send out someone to collect the phone I'm renting from you.  I'll pull it out of the wall when I get home and it will be on the front porch so they won't even need to knock.

It was ten years later and only after I had moved far enough away so that I was no longer under the influence of either that phone service or its parent company before I reestablished telephone service.

But then as I said above, I'm funny that way.  :)

- mandru

Art Blade

you're a funny guy, mandru, do you know that?  :-()

PZ

That's a good story, mandru, and I can relate.  Decades ago I had a Discover card and I was foolish enough to put a Time/Life subscription on it.  I tired of the subscription and called Time/Life, but they would not cancel it, which prompted me to call Discover and tell them not to pay that bill any longer.  I was told by the fool on the other end "I'm sorry sir, you agreed to pay and we cannot stop paying" to which I replied "Fine, cancel my card"

mandru

Quote from: Art Blade on July 06, 2015, 01:36:50 PM
you're a funny guy, mandru, do you know that?  :-()

???

I think you misspelled Fungi.  ;)

PZ, escaping the clutches of Time/Life is tough.  I had to w@&k my way out of one of their subsidiary companies after signing up for one of those old music cassette tape of the month contracts.  It was no easy task and I had simplified things over your situation by paying orders with checks.

It's as rough as trying to cancel a service contract with Comcast Cable.  Their operator's word track is "I'll connect you to Cancellations" but the department they transfer you to is actually their "Customer Retention" office.  Expect a labyrinthic game of questions, stalls and diversion tactics.  ::)
- mandru

Art Blade

Quote from: mandru on July 07, 2015, 08:46:34 AMI think you misspelled Fungi.  ;)

I think you spelt funghi wrong. It's un fungo for singular or diversi funghi for plural. :-()

mandru

Moldy dinkel wheat? (spelt funghi  ??? )

Firefox spell checker and it's regional variants and its constant surprises.  For us here in the U.S. it's fungus singular and fungi plural.

Though moldy dinkel wheat ( spelt which is a 5000 yr old European hulled cultivated wheat ) did give me a giggle.  ^-^
- mandru

Stiku

Most EU countries, and rest I suppose try to teach the international English by default, and it has these small quirks usually.

fragger

American Express is another fun crowd to try and get away from. I was coerced into getting one of their cards when I went to w@&k for them as a database administrator many years ago. I only worked for them for six months (they were insufferable), cancelling my card very soon after I left. I was expecting to get, and did get, the first of many calls from their "Anti-Attrition Squad" who tried to talk me into reacquiring said card. Yep, that's what they called themselves - not "team", not "group", not "department" - "The Anti-Attrition Squad" (insert wanking emotie here) which I think is intended to call to mind images of Kevlar-clad jarheads kicking down doors and throwing flash-bangs inside before storming the joint. In actual fact they were a bunch of weedy snotnoses who would have been hard put wrestling an inflatable clown to the floor ::) I already knew about them from when I worked there and I knew what a mob of pestering little grubs they could be.

They bugged me for weeks before they gave up. The threat of an anthrax love-letter FedExed to their offices may have helped persuade them to knock it off  >:D

Incidentally, we have always spelt it "fungi" here too :) I was tempted to write "I grew up with fungi" but I was afraid it might have given the wrong impression :-\\

Art Blade

I used the Italian spelling. Like, pizza con prosciutto e funghi.

PZ

Might have to do with the phonetics.  In my area, "Fungi" is pronounced as "funj-eye" while funghi would be pronounced "fun-geye".  Both are accepted as correct.

I always tell people that it really does not matter the pronunciation because somewhere in the world it is pronounced the way it is spelled even if it sounds differently.  For instance, in college I had a histology professor from Australia that pronounced a term that sounded like: "skull-leet-al".  Can you guess what she meant?

Stiku

@ Fragger

You only averted couple of bad jokes  8)

fragger

:-D :-D Hence the disclaimer :-()

PZ, can't figure that one out (don't tell me, I want to try and guess!) May I request a clue please -  which syllable was the emphasis on?

Tags:
🡱 🡳