GTA V can now be pre-loaded from Steam/Rockstar's game store

Started by OWGKID, April 07, 2015, 12:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OWGKID

GTA V IS NOW POSSIBLE TO PRE-LOAD :-D :-D :-D  :-() :-() :-() :-() ^-^ ^-^ ^-^

FINALLY after all those delays  :-() :-() :'( :'( :D :D >:((

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/204657218--Updated-April-7-2015-GTAV-PC-Digital-Pre-Load-Information
LEGACY

PZ

There are going to be some excited gamers out there come the 14th  :-X

Art Blade

We're sitting on a 59GB-sized download that will expand to a 65GB game come April 14.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

OWGKID

Quote from: PZ on April 07, 2015, 01:40:58 PM
There are going to be some excited gamers out there come the 14th  :-X

Indeed! :-D ^-^
LEGACY

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on April 07, 2015, 08:53:21 PM
We're sitting on a 59GB-sized download that will expand to a 65GB game come April 14.

OMG!!!  ???

There's no way I can download that size - I'll need to wait for physical media.

I guess I'm the new fragger  8-X

OWGKID

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Look at the size of the game case (PC version) :o :o ??? ??? ???

LEGACY

PZ

???

I guess you have to pay for detailed graphics some way.  The entire hard drive of my old PS3 was too small for this one game.

Binnatics

:-D
That pack seems to contain like 10 DVD's GKID  ^-^

Glad I had the 120Mb/s download option :-D

It's waiting in my steam library to be unfolded the 14th :-() :-() :-()
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

I'll probably purchase locally through Gamestop - they indicated that the disk space required is 65 gb - that's a lot of DVDs - will be spending a good part of the evening just installing the game, and then the updates, of course.

Pre-loading was a good idea on their part - can you imagine the server bog down if the masses all downloaded 60 or so gb all at once!

OWGKID

Quote from: Binnatics on April 08, 2015, 02:04:35 PM
It's waiting in my steam library to be unfolded the 14th :-() :-() :-() That pack seems to contain like 10 DVD's GKID

:-D :-D :-D Nope, it contains seven ;) https://pp.vk.me/c623721/v623721479/24fee/t8-kOjOD_DY.jpg

Quote from: PZ on April 08, 2015, 02:32:39 PM
Pre-loading was a good idea on their part - can you imagine the server bog down if the masses all downloaded 60 or so gb all at once!

Yeah I can imagine  ??? ???
LEGACY

Stiku

Quote from: Binnatics on April 08, 2015, 02:04:35 PM
:-D
That pack seems to contain like 10 DVD's GKID  ^-^

Glad I had the 120Mb/s download option :-D

It's waiting in my steam library to be unfolded the 14th :-() :-() :-()

Tested my 4G connection to Download, average was 159Mbps, not bad for a wireless connection, but far away from the advertised dual aggregation 300Mbps.
Me thinks that the decryption and decompress is going to take longer than the download itself.  :D

OWGKID

I downloaded it yesterday. Took me 4 1/2 hour to download with our 35 Mbps line.
LEGACY

fragger

Quote from: PZ on April 07, 2015, 11:44:02 PM
I guess I'm the new fragger  8-X

LOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

30GB DL?  :knockout Swoggle me horn... that's 3 times my monthly data allocation ???

Physical media for me too I guess, if I decide to get into this one.

Binnatics

Quote from: fragger on April 10, 2015, 07:18:02 AM
30GB DL? 

30Gb? Make that 65Gb ^-^

With my advertised 120Mb/s dl speed I got an average of 14Mb/s in the steam download. Costed me a little more than 1 hour and 15 minutes ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Stiku

Quote from: Binnatics on April 10, 2015, 07:53:27 AM
30Gb? Make that 65Gb ^-^

With my advertised 120Mb/s dl speed I got an average of 14Mb/s in the steam download. Costed me a little more than 1 hour and 15 minutes ^-^

I think you were saying 120Mbps connection gave you a 14MB/s file transfer speed.

Binnatics

You have an eye for details :)

But what exactly is the difference? Mb/s or Mbps?

Stiku

How they are used, and the size of them. Byte is 8-bits and 8-bit is one byte.
Mbps usually is used when talking about connection bandwidth and bytes when talking about size.

Binnatics

That explains a lot. Wonder what steam uses to describe the bandwidth.
Steam speaks of bytes. Harddisks count bytes. So basically, my internet provider tries to show me a nicer image by talking about bits per second.  :D
Anyway, I'm happy with my connection, it usually gives me good results for as far as I use it :)

5 days left...

OWGKID

LEGACY

Tags:
🡱 🡳