Steam sale right now...

Started by PZ, March 12, 2015, 10:46:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

... up to 75% off Ubisoft titles.

JRD

Must...... be....... strong......... resist..... the......... urge.

I just checked STEAM website. ACU and FC4 are still a bit pricy for me. A good discount though and I'd buy one (or both) if I hadn't so many good games I'm still playing like ACIV, Civ V, ArmAIII etc..........

Anyway, thanks for the headsup PZ
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Yeah, I was looking at FC4 which is still $59 at Gamestop and $50 at amazon.  Steam has it for $35

I think I'll wait for a while still, but might get one of the older AC games for the PC - AC:Revelations is only 5 bucks.

The Far Cry franchise pack includes all games from FC1 to FC4 and is $50 - good deal for someone that has not played any of the FC games

JRD

For the last year or so STEAM has been displaying the prices in our local currency (Real) FC4 and ACU are on sale for around 77R$ so I never know how much it costs in USD$. After last year's election the exchange ratio sky rocketed but if you can buy it for 35 USD down there it means they are still selling it for about 1USD = 2,2R$ over here, as it was a couple months before elections, and which is far less than the actual ratio of 1USD = 3,15R$.  ???

I'm not complaining mind you, but it seems weird that they are not adjusting the prices here for the recent uplift in the ratio. One may think that it will be corrected once you get your credit card statement at the end of the month to compensate for eventual differences but if they are advertizing it for R$77, they have to charge me R$77. If I am not mistaken, I believe my c/c statement comes in Real anyway so there's no way I'd pay the difference.

Another good side of using STEAM to purchase my games. It seems to be more flexible to exchange ration fluctuations in the short term.  :-X  :)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Binnatics

I also find the prices still a bit too high. Was checking FC4, but it still costs me €36,-, which is really too much. I can wait, have plenty other things to occupy myself with indeed  ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

they're not getting any of my money  >:D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Oh, we all know that.  In fact, if it were possible, I'd have hidden this particular post from assaulting your eyes  :-()   :angel:

The only money they are getting from me is for discounted games  :-()

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Stiku

Here is a site that shows prices in different currencies and the differences in prices in precentages
Steamprices

Also a quick trick to change regions in steam store is to add /?cc="countrycode" to the end of the link.
countrycode can be eu,uk,br,au,no,jp...

PZ

T.V.

Quote from: Stiku on March 12, 2015, 10:46:54 PM
Also a quick trick to change regions in steam store is to add /?cc="countrycode" to the end of the link.
countrycode can be eu,uk,br,au,no,jp...
Nice tip! +1 :-X

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳