JRD

A few HD images released so far...
More to come.

[smg id=224]     [smg id=221]     [smg id=220]

[smg id=219]     [smg id=218]     [smg id=217]

[smg id=214]     [smg id=212]     [smg id=210]

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

interesting stuff... I wonder how they're going to limit one's loadout. By weight or count... I wouldn't mind having 100 weapon slots :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Your team shoul have a sniper, one or two support (machine guns), a radio guy, and one or two troopers with assault rifles.
They say there will be no magic pockets. So the loadout is the same a real soldier will carry and ammo and grenades should fit in your bandoleers and backpacks like it does in ral life. So forget about a powerful rifle AND a sniper AND a rocket launcher with you. Instead, you order your men to do so and stick to your role.
In Ghost Reckon you could be any soldier, any time, but in OFP1 you couldn't. Not sure how its gonna be in OFP2. I assume once you create your soldier and loadout and go to the field, all you can do is swap weapons with someone
Of course, you can always take a dead man's rifle, grenade, ammo etc...

Art Blade

thank you for these details. I never played OFP1, so no idea what this is all about. I remember the term "magic pockets" now, I forgot that...

I hear those guys in your squad were funny (two of them mobbing each other all the time). I hope they're still funny :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

OFP1 had details over details.
You can walk around with your rifle in your shoulder. Hit a button to hold it in "attack position".
When you approach avehicle you get a small window to choose "enter vehicle as driver", "as pilot" etc.... if you go as gunner, you have to assign someone to drive it and tell him where to go.
A bit clumsy in the beginning, but I think they worked it a lot this time assigning lots of commands to the mouse wheel.

Characters were deeply created and as you go on in the game you get connected to them. There is a time where they are all dead, and then, my friend... I'll tell you what... you want revenge, that's for sure  :-* blood in your eyes.  ;D
In the first missions in OFP1 you are being attacked by someone you don't know (turn out to be the Russians - it's 1985 after all  ;)) and all you can do is retreat.. loosing ground to the enemy as they move in with all they got. You are just a small NATO or UN unit (can't remember which).
As you are forced to hide in the mountains and all you friends die, you meet with the resistence and latter, more troops comes to join you. You are the only one left alive and therefore you get promoted and gain the command of a platoon to strike back and recover lost territory. Then the fun begins... tanks, Cobras, Jets...... all at your command.
You fight different battles in the same areas, with different strategies and equipments at your disposal.
In one mission, you are attacked and have to hold enemy troops to ensure your men can leave the valley... lattter on, the place is an enemy base and you have to go in, stealth, and sabotage their AA (you do it playing as a spec ops character). You just move out and wait in the darkness then
Once AA guns are gone, you strike with your Cobra squad playing as a pilot.
After the airstrike you move in with a tank squad... playing as another character, a tank commander.
Finally, you move in with your troops as your main character, and secure the place while tanks move further into enemy lines.

Sorry for the massive post... I get excited  :P

Art Blade

Thanks for all the info. And it's ok with me, all that excitement :)

Quote from: JRD on April 29, 2009, 06:58:25 AM
assign someone to drive it and tell him where to go

I know someone who will get all excited about this... right, PZ? ;D

PZ

You are soooooo right Art.... reading the descriptions gets me more excited by the day!  :-X

JRD

A few more screenshots of weapons available in OFP2... and these are very familiar to us all ;)

[smg id=542]

[smg id=540]

[smg id=537]

[smg id=541]

spaceboy

I think I recognize those guys in the last pic - looks like the OWG crew!
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

JRD

As OFP2 is about realism, I added those two guns to a wishlist at the CM forums yesterday. Don't know if they'll be at the game, but it'd be cool to have them.
The AA-12 looks a lot with our USAS.

[smg id=611 type=av]

And this beast would pierce through a dozen mercs aligned  ;D

[smg id=612 type=av]

The look in his eyes says it all  ;)

Art Blade

that's frightening. I don't know what's more frightening, the fact that those weapons exist or the fact that those vids are out for everyone to watch as if it was a soft ice advertisement...

JRD

In fact, after posting I got myself quetioning my own actions...
You are right. How cool are those vids?
I mean, on a videogame its ok, but in real life it sucks.... really. Frightening is the correct word........
I don't like guns and am proud to say I never fired one.... hopefully never will.
I will keep those vids here for the sake of a positive discussion, and also because I know our members can tell virtual reality from real life.
We all love shooting mercs (in the head  ;D ), but that bald guy sound sickly obssessed with guns.....  :o

Art Blade

you are right too, in the context here it's ok, and hiding/removing them wouldn't change the facts. I like shooter games a lot because they aren't real life :) I like your attitude to leave the vids for discussion, a man facing consequences of thoughtful actions is worth another "applaud"  :-X

RedRaven

goes to show that we humans are nothing if not creative in our ways to kill each other !
impressive bit of machinery without a doubt, unfortunatly for such a negative purpose
and totally agree with Art/Space - the vids should stay, Too many people have absolutely no concept of exactly how much damage a single bullet can do. as they have only seen it in movies and on video games. the vids show some of the reality of it, i have used a firearm and Its not big its not clever.
communication is much better than devastation
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

RedRaven

This Thread is now closed.
But fear not, all the content can still be accessed at

OFP:DR Video Thread

Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Tags:
🡱 🡳