Far Cry 2 Weapon definitons (useful for re-arming the mercs)

Started by OWGKID, January 29, 2015, 12:54:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OWGKID

I don't know if you guys know this already, but here are the weapon definitions from the gamefiles. (they should be found in a .lua file called "weapons.lua" according to the gamemodesconfig.xml). Useful if you want to re-arm your enemies/buddies

Assault rifles

• AK47
  • AK47.AK47_Gold
  • FNFAL
  • G3KA4
  • M16
  • MP5

Explosives (throwables)

• M67
  • Molotov
  • IED

Launchers

• Carl_Gustaf
  • Carl_Gustaf.Carl_Gustaf_Merc
  • MGL140
  • M79
  • RPG7
  • RPG7.RPG7_Merc

LMGs

• M249_Saw
  • M249_Saw.M249_Saw_Merc
  • PKM
  • PKM.PKM_Merc

Sniper rifles

• AS50
  • Dragunov
  • Dragunov.Dragunov_Merc
  • M1903
  • M1903.M1903_Merc

Shotguns

• Ithaca
  • SPAS12
  • USAS12

Special weapons

• Dart_Rifle
  • LPO50

Pistols/SMGs

• Star45
  • Makarov
  • DesertEagle
  • SilencedMakarov_6P9
  • MAC10
  • Uzi

Some weapons have a "_Merc" ending which may suggest some weapons are coded separately for the mercs. Not all of the weapons have this.

Added the definition for the 6P9
LEGACY

PZ

Nice w@&k, GKID  :-X +1

Too bad about the silent Makarov though, I'd have loved to see the mercs equip the 6P9 using the original weapon strength characteristics - that way it would take them at least two full magazines emptying into my chest before I would fall.  :-()

OWGKID

Yeah. I don't know where to find the "weapons.lua". Will search through the bin folder tomorrow and see what I get. Hopefully, the mercs can enjoy a stealth loadout  >:D >:D :-D :-D
LEGACY

stoatoats

You can re arm the mercs by editing the gamemodesconfig file.
Under the section 'InventoryPacks' you can change the weapon archetype you will see for other pistols to "weapons.Secondary.SilencedMakarov_6P9"

In my mod I have removed the mercs weapons changing depending on your level, and just added a probability to each weapon eg:
<SecondaryWeapon  probability=".15" archetype="weapons.Secondary.SilencedMakarov_6P9" />
means the mercs have a 15% probability of using the silenced pistol.

The _Merc suffix is used on some weapons that are identical to the normal version, except that they are defined as primary weapons rather than special. This is because the mercs are unable to use special weapons, due to lacking the slot for them.

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Nice one, stoatoats +1  :-X

I assume using a value of 1.00 results in a certainty that the mercs will be armed with the 6P9 - that would be hilarious  >:D

OWGKID

Quote from: stoatoats on January 31, 2015, 04:11:39 AM
Under the section 'InventoryPacks' you can change the weapon archetype you will see for other pistols to "weapons.Secondary.SilencedMakarov_6P9"

The _Merc suffix is used on some weapons that are identical to the normal version, except that they are defined as primary weapons rather than special. This is because the mercs are unable to use special weapons, due to lacking the slot for them.

That probably explains why I encounter the mercs with the AS50 on their backs  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  :-X  1+ thanks for your help finding out the 6P9 code  :-() >:D Btw, I want to get rid of the level definitions on the weapons and again, thank you  :-D

@PZ a value of 1.00 meams there is a 100% chance that the mercs spawn with the 6P9
LEGACY

PZ

Dang, I wish there was an easy way to merge mods.  I like my mod the way it is, but would like to see the mercs armed with the different weapons, especially the 6P9

Hell Diguner

Way back when, the whole point of explaining how to do these different mods was so people could mod their game the way they wanted to without trying to "merge" mods or even upload data files.

You could intentionally equip the merks with newly defined special weapons they cannot use, so they become walking loot sacks. I think pickups.xml defines variants of the more general definitions in the WeaponProperties.xml file. It seems to define the rusty weapons the NPCs drop... So the player picks up a rusty Carl-G special weapon instead of a pristine Carl-G primary weapon.

Also, there's a whole lot more defined weapons in the weapons.xml in World 1, 2 and the DLC
MountedWeapons.M249_FishingBoat
MountedWeapons.M249_SandBags.Multi
Secondary.MAC10.Mikes_Rusty
Special.Flare_Gun
Special.Mortar.Mortar_Merc
etc.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

OWGKID

I have to use the tools (unpack and pack) on my custom patch to re-mod it.
LEGACY

PZ

Indeed - that is way too much trouble, but I might try it one of these days when I have the inclination.  However, there is something wrong with my patch files, I can't compile them any more.  I keep using an old save file where you exit the Church ready to go open world and it works fine.

OWGKID

LEGACY

PZ

Oh, it's not too bad - I'll reinstall FC2 and patch to v1.03 an all should b good to go.  It kind of depends on the mid tools for FC4 though - I can see lots of potential there  :-X

OWGKID

Yeah, I'm not going to play FC4 until the mod tools are released  :-D :-D :-D
LEGACY

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

wobatt

Quote from: PZ on January 31, 2015, 03:35:43 PM
Dang, I wish there was an easy way to merge mods.  I like my mod the way it is, but would like to see the mercs armed with the different weapons, especially the 6P9
There is a way to do it  :-D

• Extract the mod XML files that you want to merge in to your mod.
  • Download and install WinMerge
  • In WinMerge, select open...
  • Select your mod folder as the first item, and the other mod folder as the second.
  • It will compare each of the files in the two mods, and show you line by line where the differences are.

PZ

Art Blade

OWGKID

Quote from: PZ on January 29, 2015, 08:22:15 AM
- that way it would take them at least two full magazines emptying into my chest before I would fall.  :-()

Regarding that: I took 5 magazines  :o >:D :laugh: to my chest before I had to heal. Btw, the Dart Rifle does VERY little damage when a merc shoots me with it :laugh: :-D
LEGACY

PZ

Tags:
🡱 🡳