Kyrat Fashion Week Mission Guide

Started by fragger, January 27, 2015, 09:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

I thought it might be helpful to put together this list of the outposts that offer Kyrat Fashion Week missions - what animals you need to hunt, what kinds of weapons are required, what rewards are given and what equipment upgrades are then made available for crafting :)

------------------------------------------------------------

Southern Kyrat

Outpost: Kyra Tea Weigh Station ( X: 346.2  -  Y: 381.2 )  --  (OWG Verified)
Animal: Black Water Dragon (rare demon fish)
Weapon: Explosives (grenade launcher provided)
Rewards: 350XP / 18,000 Rupees
Crafting: Level 4 Throwables Bag

Outpost: Kyra Tea Terraces ( X: 391.6  -  Y: 328.2 )  --  (OWG Verified)
Animal: Tenzin (rare dhole)
Weapon: Normal arrows or bolts
Rewards: 350XP / 18,000 Rupees
Crafting: Level 4 Arrow Quiver

Outpost: Shanath Breeders ( X: 380.6  -  Y: 571.2 )  --  (OWG Verified)
Animal: Karkadann (rare rhino)
Weapon: Any shotgun
Rewards: 400XP / 22,500 Rupees
Crafting: Level 4 Heavy Ammo Bag

Outpost: Pranjiagat School ( X: 346.0  -  Y: 624.1 )  --  (OWG Verified)
Animal: Gulo (rare honey badger)
Weapon: Any LMG
Rewards: 450XP / 27,000 Rupees
Crafting: Level 4 Bait Bag

Outpost: Barnali's Textiles ( X: 444.7  -  Y: 688.6 )  --  (OWG Verified)
Animal: Sky Tiger
Weapon: Any assault rifle
Rewards: 500XP / 31,500 Rupees
Crafting: Level 4 Syringe Kit

Northern Kyrat

Outpost: Keo Logging Camp ( X: 417.3  -  Y: 754.4 )  --  (OWG Verified)
Animal: Shadow Leopard
Weapon: Any assault rifle
Rewards: 550XP / 36,000 Rupees
Crafting: Level 4 Ammo Bag

Outpost: Keo Gold Storage ( X: 440.0  -  Y: 814.8 )  --  (OWG Verified)
Animal: Mad Devil (black wolf)
Weapon: Normal arrows or bolts
Crafting: Level 4 Wallet

Outpost: Keo Pradhana Mine ( X: 694.7  -  Y: 620.3 )  --  (OWG Verified)
Animal: Ghost Bear
Weapon: Any shotgun
Crafting: Level 4 Loot Bag

Fortress: Rajgad Gulag (Pagan's Fortress) ( X: 809.7  -  Y: 788 )  --  (OWG Verified)
Animal: Thick Skin (elephant)
Weapon: Flamethrower
Rewards: 650XP / 45,000 Rupees
Crafting: Level 4 Explosives Bag

Note that the last one is not to be confused with the Royal Fortress or the Royal Palace.

And a tip for doing that last mission: Take the gyro from the Fortress, land to pick up the flamethrower from the mission starting point (or just to initiate the mission if you already have a flamethrower), take off in the gryo again and land on the roof of the building that Thick Skin is rampaging around. He's tough and fast, but you can get him from the roof without having to worry about him trunk-butting the daylights out of you ;)

Note 2: I kept the format of the list simple - no bolds, colours or underlines. That way, if you want to print out the list, all you have to do is quote me and do a copy-and-paste into Word or whatever without a lot of formatting commands to edit out. Then you can arrange it to suit yourself :)

mandru

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Dang, fragger, that certainly deserves a +1 and a sticky post.  I'll be needing this for sure.

I helped my son get the fashion skins in exchange for him giving me the advanced weapons.  We quickly discovered that we can use anyw eapon in the class, not just the crappy ones provided.

I'm bringing the Buzzsaw to the rare honey badger party  >:D

Binnatics

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

damn, fragger  ??? thanks for creating this topic  :-D

it's a well-deserved slap, then +1 :-X :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Thank you, chaps - it's my pleasure :) And thanks for the kudos.

I wanted to do this because whenever you accept one of these missions it doesn't tell you which weapon type you'll need, and you don't find out until you actually get to the mission starting point. Sometimes you can see the weapon provided before you get close enough to trigger the start, but sometimes you can't. Once you get close enough to see the offered weapon the mission gets triggered and you can't back out without getting a "Leaving the area" message, so you end up stuck with whatever lousy weapon is offered. Even if you do see the weapon without triggering the mission it can mean a jog all the way back to the nearest trading point to get something better.

I have to be honest and say that I didn't gather all the information personally, I got it off the net, so I hope it is all correct. I verified it with several different sites, so I'm pretty sure it is. All I did was arrange it into a form that was easier to glance at :)

Art Blade

in this case we should verify that stuff because many times I found one particular information that I knew was flawed, on many different sites, that seemed to have been spread across the net without verification, and it was usually the exact same text (obviously a copy-paste) ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Good idea - then we can place the term "OWG Verified" or something similar next to each item that has been

Art Blade

mandru

On meeting Mr. Mumu Chiffon (during his self introduction) when he oddly offered his hand I wasn't sure if I was going to need to shake it or have to kiss it.

From Ajay's stilted reaction and by declining the offer it would appear he was thinking just about the same thing.  :-D

Spoiler

Ajay probably handled that situation better than I would have.  8-X

You may have seen high pressure salesmen or other very self-full individuals who will put their hand out in a sweeping gesture to shake with their palm down and fingers towards the other person almost horizontal to the floor.  It's a control and dominance body language posturing called "the power hand".

I've often refused to play that game and asked if they expected me to kiss their ring.  ::)

- mandru

PZ

Quote from: mandru on January 29, 2015, 01:44:12 PM
On meeting Mr. Mumu Chiffon (during his self introduction) when he oddly offered his hand I wasn't sure if I was going to need to shake it or have to kiss it.

From Ajay's stilted reaction and by declining the offer it would appear he was thinking just about the same thing.  :-D

Spoiler

Ajay probably handled that situation better than I would have.  8-X

You may have seen high pressure salesmen or other very self-full individuals who will put their hand out in a sweeping gesture to shake with their palm down and fingers towards the other person almost horizontal to the floor.  It's a control and dominance body language posturing called "the power hand".

I've often refused to play that game and asked if they expected me to kiss their ring.  ::)

I never play that game (of course, I have a reputation of having a bad attitude) - I just offer them the "fist bump" and they usually will return a quizzical expression

Art Blade

there are also those who mistake an offered hand for a competition as to who can squeeze a hand the hardest so that bones start snapping and fingertips popping.

fragger

All true. You can tell a lot about someone by the way they offer their hand. I never trust those palm-downward people as far as I could chuck them. My first impression is, "Ooh, I don't like you at all, mate..."

As bad as the who-can-squeeze-the-hardest types are the ones whose hand feels like a cold, damp, slippery dead fish, with no strength in it whatsoever. That to me indicates wussy character, apathy, laziness, and stand-offishness. I feel an immediate urge to go and wash my hand after holding one of those slack things.

There are the not-let-goers, the overly-vigorous pumpers, the twist-your-hand-around-into-an-arm-wrestling-posturers, and the pull-you-towards-myselfers. Personally, I would prefer not to touch the hand of a man whom I don't know well enough. You never know what he's been doing with it - picking his nose, licking his fingers, masturbating, wiping something disgusting off something else that's disgusting, or all of those things. His hand might have dried wee-wee on it, or the partially sucked-off residue of his lunch.

The funny thing about the modern handshake is that it originated as an inherent sign of mistrust. As far as anyone can tell, it began in medieval times, when clan or tribal leaders would meet to parley and would grab each others' arms to check for hidden daggers. Over time the gesture moved down to just the hand alone. The modern-day over-the-toppers such as the ones mandru described may as well still have the dagger up the sleeve, as far as I'm concerned.

nexor

I love shaking hands with those who-can-squeeze-the-hardest jokers, somehow they cured from that disease afterwards  >:D

PZ

Quote from: nexor on January 30, 2015, 06:35:59 AM
I love shaking hands with those who-can-squeeze-the-hardest jokers, somehow they cured from that disease afterwards  >:D

:laugh: :-X

Art Blade

Binnatics

Quote from: fragger on January 30, 2015, 12:49:34 AM
There are the not-let-goers, the overly-vigorous pumpers, the twist-your-hand-around-into-an-arm-wrestling-posturers, and the pull-you-towards-myselfers.
:laugh: :-X
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

mandru

Quote from: fragger on January 30, 2015, 12:49:34 AM

There are the not-let-goers, the overly-vigorous pumpers, the twist-your-hand-around-into-an-arm-wrestling-posturers, and the pull-you-towards-myselfers. Personally, I would prefer not to touch the hand of a man whom I don't know well enough. You never know what he's been doing with it - picking his nose, licking his fingers, masturbating, wiping something disgusting off something else that's disgusting, or all of those things. His hand might have dried wee-wee on it, or the partially sucked-off residue of his lunch.

Why does Hurk come to mind through several of those descriptions?  :shocked

Actually nex you were the first person to come to mind when Art mentioned the hand squeeze competition.  :-D
- mandru

Art Blade

nexor

Quote from: mandru on January 31, 2015, 08:42:26 AM
Actually nex you were the first person to come to mind when Art mentioned the hand squeeze competition.  :-D

:-D

I detest these mucho men who try to show off their supposed strength by squeezing someone's hand  :angry-new:
Yes, I know my hands are big and strong, and I don't walk around trying to prove it to anyone.
What I meant with my comment is that I've learned a trick on how to counter these hand squeezers, the guy's hand can be three times stronger than mine, and he can put all his power in the squeeze and all I will feel is something like a dead fish

I have an instant dislike in any person who thinks he/she is in any form a superior being to others 

fragger

Me too nex. I also can't stand people who won't admit when they're wrong or have made a mistake, or who can't laugh at themselves.

Back on track for a moment - I want to start a new playthrough to do Sabal's missions exclusively, so I'll check the list at the start of the topic for accuracy as I go :)

nexor

As soon as I have the cheat codes licked I'll also start a new game

PZ

I haven't done any fashion week missions, but am looking forward to Pranjiagat School so I can use the buzzsaw  >:D

fragger

PZ, there's a kind of dumb joke associated with the Pranjiagat School Fashion Week mission. You'll see what I mean when you start accepting the mission. Just keep accepting, no matter what stupid questions pop up...

Tags:
🡱 🡳