Question about version V1.00

Started by Binnatics, January 21, 2015, 01:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

Hello guys,

I couldn't find the answer using search, so I figured it wouldn't be a problem to spam it here:

I noticed, unlike I thought before, that my vanilla instalment, fresh from the DVD-ROM, is version V1.00
I checked, because I'm having issues with the game. In many occasions I can't draw the map. Especially on foot. When I'm in a car, no problem. Also; The game has little hiccups: Every few seconds, the frame stutters. It is really annoying. I was checking which version I was running, because I thought patching it would maybe help solving the problem, but:
This vanilla version has all the jackal tapes and I remember many of you saying they only brought bad things to the game when patching it. So I have this dilemma: Will I stick to the pure V1.00 version and find another solution the the issues I'm experiencing, or should I patch the game to V1.03 like I did before, and suffer the tapes problem and who knows what more? ????
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

Geez... I wonder what the difference is between our systems.  I did not have any problems with v1, but not really anything bad with v1.03 except for the "boots" tapes issue.

I think I altered video settings until I got rid of any hiccups in video stuttering, but then decided to go to the patched version after I recorded all the tapes because the modding tools are all built on the patched version.

Art Blade

maybe you can pull off something in between if you can find a patch 1.2 somewhere.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

As far as I remember, the issue with the tapes was the only bad thing that would happen to the game after the patch and it doesn't ruin your game. I'd go with v1.03 to get the best out of the game.

... or.... you can get FC2 + Fortune's pack edition at STEAM for about 5 euro and it will come fully patched and updated....... just a thought.  ::)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Binnatics

Good thought JRD, I've had that one too. But it actually costs 9,99 atm. That was reason to wait for another sale :-D

I think I'll go for the [patch. I remember having had this issue before. I think back then the patch was the solution. But the map not showing is new to me. Never had that before. On the other hand; maybe I didn't even try before I patched the thing already.

Thanx for the advice guys :-X :)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

nexor

Another thought Binn, not long after installing FarCry2 I had to upgrade my pc which meant I had to re-install FC2, afterwards when playing the game I found one or two similar glitches, not being able to find any solution I opted for a complete removal of the game and re-installed it, that somehow sorted all the glitches, even up to now I have not experienced one glitch.   

Art Blade

which (patched) version is your FC2, nexor?
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

nexor

Geez I can't remember if it had a patch on the original install Art, but now it has the steam patch which we all installed for the modding, 1.05 I think   :-\\

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳