Tricks and tips

Started by fragger, January 17, 2015, 07:24:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

Quote from: fragger on April 20, 2015, 06:25:29 AM

I only just discovered that you can pull out any weapon and use it while you're hanging on a parachute - any weapon, not just a sidearm...

...I guess you could call that a chute-shoot :-()

:laugh: @ chute-shoot

One of the tougher outpost races starts out on quad runner that you drive off a high altitude jump, shifts to wing-suit (which allows a safe splash-down in water landing) and after threading a needle in a rock wall ends up by grabbing a jet-ski for the final leg of the race.  Hitting the course's target rings in wing-suit mode while descending to the jet-ski is tough enough but there's a helicopter mid-glide that kicks up a variable and unpredictable downdraft that has caused me many frustrating restarts.

On one of my attempts to complete that race after each of several previous starts had been frustratingly thwarted by that miserable helicopter I tossed the race agenda aside and decided to vent on the bird by first popping open my chute then ventilating the pilots compartment with the buzzsaw.  It put me so far off course that it forced yet another restart.

But still, even though the helicopter was back on my next attempt it was rewarding to take revenge and drop that sucker just once.  >:D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

nexor

Quote from: mandru on April 02, 2015, 06:32:52 AM
As near as I can recall fragger I believe it was the same statue you mentioned at the foot of the stairs facing up towards the larger statue holding the bell.  :-X
I forgot to run my cam when doing this mission.
When you move up towards the big statue who turns when you spin the wheel you pass through an arch, then there's a statue to your right, keep moving up and pass through another arch, the statue immediately to your right turns its head in your direction, a few moments later the head turns back.
Level with this statue is a path to the left you have to take, as you pass through the arch there are two statues at the foot of the stairs, both turn their heads towards you

PZ

I saw a statue turn toward me once - gave me the creeps like in an old movie version of Jason and the Argonauts, where a giant bronze turned it's head toward the intrepid thieves.

nexor

Especially when not expecting it as in this instance, I'm concentrating so much on the lookout for demons and approaching the statue the darn thing's head turned my way   :o  :-D

mandru

It was just last night I caught a glimpse of those two statues turning in unison as you are approaching the stairs.  If the statues made some kind of rusty groaning metal noises when they did that I suspect there's many more that we would locate.

The huge mobile guardian statue Talos on the Isle of Bronze in the 1963 release of Jason and the Argonauts was one of my favorite parts of that movie.  That said the warrior skeletons called up against the crew of the Argos through the scattering of the Hydra's teeth then animated by the goddess Hecate is still in my "Top 100" best movie scenes.  :-D
- mandru

PZ

Mine too - I've remembered it all these years.  Was that huge bronze one of the titans?

mandru

Talos as not a titan but rather was a created thing (as in) being forged and cast with great skill into a living bronze statue.  In at least one version of mythology Talos was given to Europa for her protection by Zeus.

More info here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talos
- mandru

PZ

:-X  I need to find that movie and watch it again - still a favorite despite the old school special effects.

Tags:
🡱 🡳