This is still a very good looking game after all this years!

Started by JRD, January 04, 2015, 05:43:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

With all the FC2 modding posts around I thought I'd visit Africa one more time.

[smg id=7657]

This was taken from the sniper tower at the air strip during the buddy mission where you have to give the defoliant to your BB before hitting the pumps at the OGC. I came from the west after getting the keg at the chemical plant and was on my way to the OGC. I could just go on and take care of my business but I had to stop and climb the tower to get a view from the area one more time.

This game still has THE BEST light and fire effects I have ever played, even with today's amazing new engines.  8)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Yep, looks lovely JRD :)

Playing ArmA 3 now, reminds me of FC2 in many ways. One thing I've been thinking the whole time, is that it seems as if the developers who created FC2 were balancing on two thoughts, and couldn't quite decide what to do; make a realistic warfare sim, or make an entertaining shooter. They must've not chosen sides, that may be why it is such a remarkable shooter.
This thought sprung to mind when I read the posts concerning the watch in FC4. It has finally been properly introduced. That is just one of many details in FC2 that point at a sim kind of game. Now that I play Arma with its realistic ways of day-night cycles, navigation, watches to check the time, absolute freedom of approach, flanking tactics... it reminds me more of FC2 than any other game I've been playing.
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

JRD

I keep trying to play more ArmAIII but, as you know, it takes a lot of time to learn all commands and tactics and any mission takes several attempts to be successful and I don't have much time to sit and plunge into gaming right now. I'm on vacations and it top of the summer here so I'm spending as much time outdoors as I can. The solution is to play a casual shooter like FC2 or FC3 and just have some fun.  :).

The game is still surprisingly fun and good looking for a 7 years old game. I am also with a better rig than the first time I played it so I can use all Vsync, anti aliasing and any other post effect I had switched off back in the day so it looks even better now.  8)  :-X
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Nice trip down nostalgia lane, JRD - I agree, I return to FC2 time and again.  :-X

I agree with Binn, though - ArmA3 is the closest I have come to a FC2 like game, primarily because there are none of the stupid things that only kids like

fragger

I agree, FC2 still has the best lighting and environmental effects. I haven't played any other game, before or since, that gave me the impression of almost being able to feel the effects :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳