Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ubisoft\Far Cry 2]
"PartnerKey1"=dword:00000001
"PartnerKey2"=dword:00000001
"MachetesKey"=dword:00000001
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Just to ensure that I'm on the same page, this includes the Predecessor bonus missions and the cool machetes, correct?

Dweller_Benthos

Yep, that should give you all predecessor missions and the machete selection.
D_B

JRD

Downloaded it last night (thanks D_B) and a weird bug occurred... not too bad though. Now when I hit ESC and get that page you can choose journal, stats etc... I can't choose quit. The option is there, but it just won't "light" in red when I pass the cursor over it... I have to choose quit to menu and then quit again to go to desktop.
As I said, not bad at all.. but its weird...
Oh... just to check. Once it is installed, I just wait for my phone to ring and assign me a Predecessor mission, right? I'm in ACT II, so maybe envelopes in ACT I will be missed or only available if I go back north??
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

I was so excited that I installed it at 4:13 am - worked flawlessly, and the homemade  machete is already my favorite.  JRD, you are correct - you'll either receive a phone call or you'll see the white envelope icon north of the southeast bus stop in Leboa or at the post office in Bowa.  I haven't seen that yet in my current game - just started a new one.

Art Blade

I edited my registry using regedit. I like the "primitive" machete...
I don't think the "quit game" is a problem, I have that too sometimes. I don't know what causes it, but I think I had noticed that behaviour before I edited the registry. Maybe, I did use some of the codes that you can enter in the menu (found them on a cheat site some time ago) which is basically the same as the regedit of D_B. If those predator missions are the reason, well... still you can quit at any given time hitting alt+F4  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I keep forgetting that the standard Windows key commands will w@&k within the game - thanks for the reminder about Alt-F4

Dweller_Benthos

Strange about the quit menu item, I've never seen that, though the other day the Jackal Tape & Predecessor Tape items were greyed out for some reason. After a restart, they were back.

To quit, I just type "quit" in the console.
D_B

JRD

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on April 28, 2009, 10:45:07 AM
Strange about the quit menu item, I've never seen that, though the other day the Jackal Tape & Predecessor Tape items were greyed out for some reason. After a restart, they were back.

To quit, I just type "quit" in the console.

Thanks guys.... thats no big deal at all, I agree... I can quit to desktop in many ways.... just wondering if someone alse had it...
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Hacko

I typed in the codes to get the latest content(pc), and I get the Can't quit from the in-game menu problem. It doesn't highlight  that option, so I just quit to the main menu, then quit.

PZ

I too am now experiencing the "quit" issue.  Not a big deal though, still easy to exit.

Art Blade

for some reasons, it doesn't always gray out. I can't see a pattern
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

TheFishlord

I've had it that way for as long as I had the game. It's never been grayed out. I just quicksave then ALT-F4 if I'm in that much of a hurry, otherwise its what, two seconds to get to the menu?

Art Blade

hahaha! <in a Yoda voice> a quick man our Fishlord is!  :-X

TheFishlord

Oh, and I don't know WHY I forgot to ask...but how do I install this?

Art Blade

the registry update? double-click, done. Should make a backup of the registry first and perhaps set a safe point of return in windows, in case you're worried about your win reg.

see this post: first mentioned reg edit

another one mentioned here

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, probably not a bad idea to do a registry backup first. I probably should, but never do and just face the consequences :-)
D_B

Art Blade

courage is to overcome one's fear  ;D

TopHat01

Awesome, I like the "primitive machete" and the predecessor missions/tapes are pretty cool.  :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳