How to post your images...

Started by PZ, March 16, 2009, 09:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Here is a short list of instructions:

• Use the image gallery we have on this site (find the link on one of the top menus)
  • Once your images are uploaded (and approved), copy the contents of the BBC code window to your clipboard
  • Return to the forums and create a new post, write whatever description you want and then paste the BBC code directly into your post.
  • Click Post to submit your post and you'll see the thumbnail links automatically appear in your post!

Ricamundo

Umm stupid question, but how do i take a screenie in game? Do i press F11? What folder are they stored in? Sry if this info is posted somewhere else, but i couldnt find it.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

JRD

Don't worry Ricamundo... the forum grew up so fast that its hard to anyone to find a specific post.
Just hit "prtscrn" (print screen) and a .png file will be saved at My Documents>My Games>Far Cry 2>Screenshots.

Tip: if you cycle through you weapons there will be a split second where no guns are displayed on screen, if you hit printscreen in the precise moment, you'll have a "clean" screenshot.
It takes a little practice at first, but you get the hang of it ;)

Looking forward to see your pics  :-X
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

Quote from: JRD on May 07, 2009, 06:13:47 AMTip: if you cycle through you weapons there will be a split second where no guns are displayed on screen, if you hit printscreen in the precise moment, you'll have a "clean" screenshot. It takes a little practice at first, but you get the hang of it ;)

I think D_B said you told him to use the machete. If you just "fire" it will slash down and disappear, two times. If you do that a couple of times to hear the rhythm of the slashings, you can take a screencap "off rhythm" when it is out of view. Timing that to me is easier :)

Whoever had the idea with the slashing machete, that is how I do it now and find it easier than the weapon cycle. The weapon cycle seems to be sometimes faster, especially if the vid card is not too busy, wich makes timing more difficult than the slashing.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Quote from: Art Blade on May 07, 2009, 08:12:34 AM
I think D_B said you told him to use the machete.

Actually, D_B told me to do the machete trick, I just figured you can do it with other weapons too.....

Art Blade

:) sorry and thanks :) still, both are pretty cool tricks  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

No need to be sorry my friend... I was just giving D_B the propper credit  ;)

Ricamundo

Quote from: JRD on May 07, 2009, 06:13:47 AM
Don't worry Ricamundo... the forum grew up so fast that its hard to anyone to find a specific post.
Just hit "prtscrn" (print screen) and a .png file will be saved at My Documents>My Games>Far Cry 2>Screenshots.

Tip: if you cycle through you weapons there will be a split second where no guns are displayed on screen, if you hit printscreen in the precise moment, you'll have a "clean" screenshot.
It takes a little practice at first, but you get the hang of it ;)

Looking forward to see your pics  :-X

THX JRD. ;)
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

nexor

Ok so I got the screen shot right, what file format would be best for most members here to watch?  :-\  :-[

JRD

Try to upload a jpeg file... when you do so, the site engine will automatically resize it and place it into our gallery. Then all you have to do is:

Quote from: PZ on March 16, 2009, 09:41:40 AM

• Use the image gallery we have on this site (find the link on one of the top menus)
  • Once your images are uploaded (and approved), copy the contents of the BBC code window to your clipboard
  • Return to the forums and create a new post, write whatever description you want and then paste the BBC code directly into your post.
  • Click Post to submit your post and you'll see the thumbnail links automatically appear in your post!

Looking forward to see your images nexor63

nexor

Quote from: JRD on April 23, 2010, 12:49:26 AM
Try to upload a jpeg file... when you do so, the site engine will automatically resize it and place it into our gallery. Then all you have to do is:

Quote from: PZ on March 16, 2009, 09:41:40 AM

Looking forward to see your images nexor63

I followed the instructions as set out above, I suppose the image is approved once the pinky color is gone, l managed to get that far, I did not see any thumbnail after creating the new post so I deleted it, will give it another try thx, oh and while we on the suject, what file format is best for videos?

JRD

Yeap, your image is approved now.  :-X

You won`t see a thumbnail untill you submit your post or hit Preview.

All you`ll see is something like img=[XXX]

As for video format, I really don`t know, the smallest I guess  ::)

What I do is send it to youtube and then embbed it here, even easier than posting a screenshot  ;)

Go to Gallery>Video>Add a video to this album

Scroll down a bit and you`ll see a field like this

Or Embbed URL (remote video)

Paste the URL you copied from youtube, hit submit and you`ll have a code similar to the one you had for the screenshot. Paste that code into you message and voila..... just like an image, you won`t see a thumbnail until you hit preview or submit it to see it

Hope it helps!

nexor

Thanks JRD, will give it a go.......... have to excuse if I sound like a dumb a$$, this uploading is new to me....... :-[

PZ

There aren't any "dumb questions" here nexor63 - we all started somewhere and it is much easier to ask how than it is to try to figure it out by yourself.  I ask questions all the time, even though they may have been asked and answered elsewhere - just ask Art how many times he has to point me in the right direction!  ;D

Art Blade

did someone just mention my name?  ;D

PZ's right, just ask away, matey :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳