Why do all those extra missions your buddy comes up with?

Started by Dweller_Benthos, April 27, 2009, 08:58:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

When you get a mission from a faction, it's usually pretty straight forward, and not too complex, but then your buddy calls and has you running all over the place getting into trouble and possibly getting killed. Why bother? Is it worth it?

I say it is:

[smg id=190 align=center width=400 caption="...and ammo at every house plus a grenade truck in every garage"]

Once you get past the bridge mission (if you've done all the buddy missions), you should have every safe house upgraded with all three ammo piles, plus a grenade truck.

Yes, a grenade truck at every safe house. Think about it.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Worth their weight in African diamonds, those GL trucks are...  the only down-side to their use is that you need to be careful that no one comes up behind you while you're waiting in ambush - that happened to me yesterday and Nasreen needed to save my worthless unobservant butt...  ;)

spaceboy

Thanks D_B I did not know they were all gren trucks after that point.  Great tip.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

Thanks for the info, D_B.

I got to that point only today, didn't do any buddy missions during my last/first through. I haven't been to a safehouse yet, after the bridge bombing, perhaps I would never have found out, because usually I go straight to the nearest arms dealer. And all the trouble I went through getting a gren truck before that mission... hehe
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Ricamundo

My first playthru, i didn't do any of those extra buddy mish's. Now i em all. I'm early on in playthru #3, and loving it as much as ever. I do miss the extra's at the safehouses, tho. I've only got gun trucks at each one so far.

I really want some serrettes at the safehouses, as i only have a max of 4 right now. 3+1 from the serrette upgrade.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Art Blade

try drinking water bottles. at least on easy they w@&k like a syrette.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Foghorn Leghorn

Quote from: Art Blade on April 28, 2009, 04:12:57 PM
try drinking water bottles. at least on easy they w@&k like a syrette.

On Infamous, they bump up your health by one grade only.    :'(

Art Blade

that is valuable info, thank you Foghorn Leghorn  :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳