Tents

Started by Binnatics, November 27, 2014, 01:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

Hey friends,

I already commented on the tent phenomena in the 0.50 topic, but since these tents are so great I am totally focussing on them now. Poor me my first tent got lost due to a server loosing connection with the hive, and I've been looking for another one ever since. Doing so I have found a lot of cool places to pitch it, but not yet found a tent.

I decided to check for more clues on the net to find tents, and that's where I found this video:
Dayz Standalone - Tents Spawn Location/Camping Tent Inventory

You really gotta love this. These guys do great stuff recording their adventures, and damn what a cool song in the background.

I'll just keep looking and hopefully I am able to post more soon about my own campsite :)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Binnatics

And I found my own tent again, the second one. After literally DayZ of searching, lol :-D

Found this one in the huge long flat in Dubky, like the first one :)
[smg id=7416]
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Deployed!!!
[smg id=7417]

[smg id=7418]

I left the best stuff behind, and have room to go for even better >:D

Art Blade

that sniper rifle looks sweet :)

Binnatics

Yep :)

And what about the AKS-74U that fits in the High Capacity a$$. Vest you that is stashed below it? I could paint every part of it green. Making it mean, green and unseen >:D
I was so lucky to find 2 30rnd mags for it; these magazines are quite rare.

Art Blade

oh indeed :)

Spoiler
??? I just spotted an M67 Frag Grenade in your backpack.

Dayz Manhattan Project LOL!!! (M67 Frag grenade)

Binnatics

:laugh: Cool video! No idea where they found that rack of fuel tanks :-D

What a blast ;)

I found two of these buggers already, and the first got lost because I spawned as a bambie. Better test this one out as well before it's too late ;)

I also found a few flash grenades. They are more common, but still quite rare. I'll test them tonight see what they do 8)

Binnatics

I went back to my tent, both to see if it was still there and to exchange some gear I looted. This is what I found:
[smg id=7421]
Two options: One is that someone found it and took it, the second is that the server isn't that persistent... :angel: I bet the latter

I thought I might as well give it a go testing the grenade. Found out it's a different type:
[smg id=7423]

I could rip the pin out, but nothing happened. Couldn't throw it, or didn't know how to...
[smg id=7422]

I put the grenade on the ground and tried again:
[smg id=7424]
It worked :angel:

:D :D :D

Stiku

Binnatics

Well, that's it for now. 0.50 is far too unstable. Looting is much more difficult than before. That shouldn't be a problem if there was indeed a proper way to store stuff persistently. So far, with 2 descent tries and zero results, I lost my appetite again. Persistence is not something you can rely on, not even a bit. It seems they have indeed done something against the cheaters tracking you down, but losing gear due to crashing connections is equally bad. Now that it also takes so much time to get geared up again, I thought it's time to wait for the true improvements in the next upgrades ;)

Art Blade

Quote from: Binnatics on November 28, 2014, 12:52:11 PMI put the grenade on the ground and tried again:

It worked :angel:

:D :D :D

:laugh:
NICE one :-X :-()

JRD

:laugh:

That should go into the Darwin Awards hall of fame!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

fragger

Binnatics

:-[

:-D

8)

I'm fragged.  ^-^

Art Blade

yeah, there's something about that game that blows one away, isn't there :)

fragger

I was going to attempt a pun too, but I was afraid it would blow up in my face.

Binnatics

:-()

I stated that the game had done it for me, way too unstable etc, but I must confess, having not much else to do, I gave it another go. This time I want to focus on purely the Tent phenomena, not waste any time searching great military gear. I found a tent already, same procedure as before, and am now looking for a steady persistent server.
I think I'll try to go dressed like a true hunter, wearing all leather and stuff, cowboy hat, Mosin on the back... Oh man I love this game 8)

Art Blade

Binnatics

Well, I think I'm the persistent one here 8)

Attempt 3:

I went searching for a tent prior to looting the living daylight out of the military areas. I found one in the same place, the town called Dubky.
[smg id=7434]

Now that I had what I needed, I decided to try and get a hunter-outfit, more or less, and since I had a Mosin Sniper Rifle I tried to shoot some deer, to create a natural backpack:
[smg id=7435]

Sad enough this beautiful backpack only has room for 25 slots (5x5) so I couldn't store my tent in it:
[smg id=7436]

Anyway, I went to the same server that messed me up having me respawn as a Bambi. I considered this server to be the best choice, since it gave me a persistent appearance of my tent on my first attempt, I would just have to keep in mind not to roam that server too much. Just storage, that's it. Here's the spot I found, close to the 'new' military base in the west, the one that was copy-pasted from the southern airstrip:
[smg id=7437]

That was yesterday. I didn't store too much in it, and today I went checking if it was still there:
[smg id=7438]

And it bloody was!!!! 8) 8) 8)
I got my stuff out and put it back in my backpack, because I want to move to another area. This military base has very poor loot in most servers, so it isn't the best place to have my persistent storage place ;)
[smg id=7439]

Art Blade

PZ

Stiku

nice catch, Keep us in the loop how it goes, if and when you loose your loot and your tent.

Also, keep away from those grenades, they can kill you  8-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳