First impressions

Started by fragger, November 18, 2014, 01:06:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

:laugh:

Pity you couldn't jump as high as you could shoot that bad guy, nex :-D

Binnatics

:laugh:

How is the fire behaving actually? Is it like FC2 or like FC3?

I am surprised to see the map is so green. I really thought it would be more snowy, both landscape and map ????
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

Heck of a powerful weapon you have there, nex!

nexor

I haven't seen gas cylinders and fuel drums like in FC2 Binn, I will look around when I attack another post.
I suspect that was one of the rare funnies we find in the games PZ

Art Blade

Quote from: Art Blade on November 18, 2014, 09:09:31 AM
I'm not getting it any time soon unless they throw it at me for (almost) free  :-D

Well, they are actually throwing it at me for free.  ??? :laugh:
So as promised, I'll get it asap. :-() I got that gold edition and its season pass.

Quotef you purchased the Season Pass or Assassin's Creed Unity Gold Edition (which includes the Season Pass), you are eligible to choose one free game from among a select list of Ubisoft titles.* These are:

The Crew
    Far Cry 4
    Watch Dogs
    Assassin's Creed Black Flag
    Rayman Legends
    Just Dance 2015

We are currently setting up the system to process this offer. We will provide an update on how to claim your free game soon.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Lucky ba$t@rd!  :go   :-D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

nexor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu74VGwY0fI&feature=youtu.be
A Hovercraft, another new addition, I like the idea of having one hand free for firing, that's something that would have been very handy in FarCry 2

Art Blade

:-()

cool, that hovercraft.. and those rubber boats are back :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

That's a nice gift Art! :) :-X

Looking forward to your opinions as well ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

Indeed!  Now I wish I had purchased the season pass because at $30, it would represent obtaining FC4 for that cost.

nexor

fragger

I think that may have been a mission of some kind :-X

I haven't yet taken on any missions, I've just been gallivanting around the immediate area getting the feel and trying to craft myself up a bit. The terrain appears to be much more hilly and steep than in FC3 - we are in the Himalayas, after all, so I guess that's to be expected. Day/night cycle seems to be a cross between FC2's and FC3's - it changes from one to the other relatively quickly but not quite as abruptly as it did in FC3. At least the clouds move in this one. FC2 is still the best of the series regarding weather effects, I feel.

There are plenty of dangerous animals about. So far I've been attacked by a few eagles, a wolf, some wild dogs, a couple of demonfish (while I was swimming), a few honey badgers, and I actually got killed by a rhino. I was in the middle of a firefight, trying to help out some Golden Path people, when I got hit hard from behind. I turned around to find myself staring into a couple of piggy eyes on either side of a dirty big horn, flanked by a great deal of leathery hide. He came at me again and I dodged, but his first headbutt did a considerable amount of damage (if I hadn't already gotten my health up to four bars he probably would've killed me outright) and I was running about trying to buy time for an opportunity to shoot my health back up before the next charge. There was a 4x4 nearby and I tried to keep it between me and him while I healthed up, but he butted the car into the air the way you or I would swat away a mouse, charged in and totalled me.

A correction to my earlier report: I thought the skill tree wasn't a tree but it actually is, I just didn't look hard enough. You can't just jump to any skill you want, there are still branches. It's just not hugely apparent at first. The menuing system is different to FC3's, it takes a bit of getting used to.

There are plenty or weapons, appears to be 45 in all, including signatures, of which there are no less than sixteen. That's apart from grenades, molotovs, mines, etc. Handguns are treated as a class of their own, while all others are lumped together - you can carry one handgun and three other weapons of whatever type, once you've crafted the holsters for them. Many require particular missions to be completed before they're unlocked, others become free with the unlocking of towers. All the weapons from FC3 appear to be here plus a number of others. They all have varying degrees of customability, such as extended clips, add-on sights, paint jobs and so on. I'm itching to get my hands on a recurved bow...

Driving isn't as much fun as it was in FC3. The roads are a lot narrower and the control doesn't feel quite as responsive. I came to greatly enjoy the driving in FC3. I still haven't tried the drive-and-shoot technique, haven't had the oppo.

It's fun, but not terribly immersive. Not very immersive at all in fact - so far. That might change as I get into more of the story and missions, but I'm not holding my breath. As it is, it's still coming across as FC3 Revisited.

JRD

nex, that was some kick a$$ driving there.  :-X

fragger, your impressions are making me crave for the game, even though you don't seem too excited about the game. Keep the nice reviews coming.

And a +1 for both of you fellas!  8)

nexor

Thanks JRD, it is a lot of fun chasing supply trucks   :-D
All the weapons falling in the sidearms catagory can be used while driving, including a M-79 GL  >:D
and also amongst the "Weapons" catagory there is a GL-94 with a 4 round magazine.

I'm basically doing the same as you fragger, getting enough money to buy the firearms I like and building up my skills

Binnatics

Agreed, JRD, some kudos well placed. I join :) :-X

I like the way you simply take what's coming, enjoy it to the full, and let loose of all disappointments or broken promises.

Both got their own ways of explo(d)ring the game and commenting on its changes and novelties. Keep it coming :)

I wonder what the others will bring abroad, I just sit back and enjoy the show 8)

PZ

Think "boss mission" fragger and you won't be disappointed when it happens  :-()

I'm weak and will get the game after all.

Art Blade

so we'll be playing one game together again. :)

As soon as I am allowed to pick it up (download, actually) I'll consider it an extension of FC3 and be fine.

Art Blade

good morning, fragger.  :-()

fragger

Good morning Art :)

I look forward to reading about you guys' impressions when you get into the game :-X

Thank you for the kudos chaps :)

Stiku

T&L effects in the game are excellent what Ive seen so far, better than the ones in ACU.

Spoiler

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Draw distance sucks

Binnatics

Yep, these pictures are lovely. But I don't like the square minimap :-\\

JRD

nexor

nexor

Someone let Godzilla out... ???

Spoiler
[smg id=7420 type=preview align=center caption="FarCry 4 Godzilla"]

Binnatics

Quote from: nexor on November 28, 2014, 05:11:42 AM
...Fires not as good as in FC2

:-X 8)

Still you manage to make a proper massacre out there ^-^
How did you set that merc on fire? Did he carry a fuel tank or  was it your bullet exploding on him?

Tags:
🡱 🡳