Everything you need to know about Far Cry 4 in under 8 minutes...

Started by PZ, November 13, 2014, 04:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

JRD

Well, it does look good all right, but I'm still skeptical  ????

I mean, it's a promotional video, so everything you see has been pre-rendered and optimized to look fantastic. It still seems like a DLC or co-op map for FC3 and regarding gameplay, this is where we all agree to disagree with Ubi.

I seriously doubt they changed the level design used in FC3 so we will see boss fights and linearity galore.  :-\\

I like some of the new weapons though. Not only the mortar but also one sort of RPG that seems to carpet bomb a small area with explosives and the ability to use a grenade launcher from the gyrocopter. It can be a nice playground  8)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

I'm skeptical too - still going to wait to see if there are those stupid boss missions - really hate those.  I wonder if gibbed is going to create modding tools for FC4 - maybe we can mod out those awful missions  >:D

Art Blade

mod out all missions :)

Remember the first vids for FC4 showing that dream world full of demons and stuff that will carry over into the (virtual but non-spiritual) world of FC4.. there is just too much drug-induced crap going on just like in FC3.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Take a good game and completely ruin it with the 12-year old stuff.  It is the at least plausible environment of FC2 that had me hooked.  More boss missions/demons/stupid crap = less interest for me

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

nexor

Looks like even Dennis, Citra and Willis are there...... :-\\

PZ

Quote from: nexor on November 14, 2014, 02:14:53 AM
Looks like even Dennis, Citra and Willis are there...... :-\\

That's not a good sign - more evidence that FC4 is really just an extension of FC3.

However, I'm just speculating and will approach the game with an open world mind.

Tags:
🡱 🡳