ACU Screenshots

Started by Art Blade, November 12, 2014, 04:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

[smg id=7312 type=preview align=center caption="first gameplay pic"]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Although it is kind of dar, the textures look really good  :-X

Art Blade

and that was on "high" settings. Imagine ultra-high :)

Here is one with custom (lowered) settings, and my first glitch (edit: after posting this, I created a topic for Bugs And Glitches where you may post anything related)
[smg id=7313 type=preview align=center caption="glitch 001"]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

That's not a glitch - you're performing levitation for the crowd on the other side of the street  8-X

Art Blade

:laugh: OK  :-()

here's a nice moody view (supposedly dusk, misty) and another moody view (earlier that day, so supposedly dawn)

[smg id=7315 type=preview align=center caption="moody view"]
[smg id=7316 type=preview align=center caption="moody view 2"]

JRD

:o

That's amazing!  8)

I want to see the Notre Dame cathedral!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

it truly is :) Here you go..

[smg id=7319 type=preview align=center caption="Notre Dame 001"]
[smg id=7320 type=preview align=center caption="Notre Daaaaam"]
And you'll get to see more of Notre Dame once I'm near that location again.  ;)

I'm currently spending quite some time running around to unlock viewpoints. I'm at 47% now. It takes so long because the inner Paris is on a scale nearly 1:1 so it is quite a bit time consuming to get through narrow alleys and crowded streets and plazas but a little faster running on rooftops. Just as PZ mentioned, I haven't seen any guards on rooftops, either, which makes running around a lot easier  :)

Here you can see that the scale is indeed approximately 1:1 in the centre, see how far that marked viewpoint is which I intend to unlock, some 500m do look like 500m and it takes equally long (1:1) to get there.  :) :-X

[smg id=7318 type=preview align=center caption="scale nearly 1 to 1"]

JRD

Wow!

I hope they fix this game soon. It's gonna be a blast!

I also hope they allow you to actually play the game instead of inserting cutscenes in key moments like killing the main targets!  :angry-new:

I will never forgive Ubi for not letting me kill Lee in AC3  >:((

Art Blade

well, I don't know about that and I never played AC3. I played 1, 2 and 4 (BlackFlag) because everything in between didn't interest me anymore after AC2 because they started to make it MP only and stuff, not my cup of tea. With AC4BF they had a nice SP again and independently MP and coop, I am no fan of MP but liked the coop a lot. Now with unity, they merged a proper SP game with optional coop gameplay, so that is good  :)

Here one more screenie I just took.. damn, this game looks great, even with my lowered setup. I can't begin to imagine what it must be like with bloody high end hardware.. going to have to wait some until I am willing to upgrade. But eventually I will do either that or get a new machine. :)

[smg id=7321 type=preview align=center caption="viewpoints 01"]

JRD

Quote from: Art Blade on November 13, 2014, 05:14:55 AM
I played 1, 2 and 4 (BlackFlag) because everything in between didn't interest me anymore after AC2 because they started to make it MP only and stuff,

I have to disagree on that, mate. AC: Botherhood and AC: Revelations had solid SP campaigns and even though AC3 campaign had some flaws, it was also deeply story based and very well written. On all games, MP was made in parallel but I completely ignored that aspect of the game and yet I've put several hours into each one (actually, I am even re-playing them for the story and background)

As for the images you just posted... these are simply amazing, even on lower settings  :-X  8)

The sheer size of Paris seems remarkable. I reckon Ubi did some serious research before creating the scenarios, as usual!  :-X

Art Blade

I hear it took seven years for the making, during two of which the Notre Dame was created which is said to be a 1:1 digital replica in every detail. Just epic.

JRD

Can you get inside it? An assassin Tomb perhaps, as in the Hagia Sofia in Istambul?  8)

Art Blade

yes. I haven't yet but check the vids that are out, we have quite a few links collected here in the AC5 board

PZ

Those screenies are amazing! +1  :-X

It is going to be a blast exploring Paris, even for things as simple as revealing parts of the map.

Art Blade

thanks, PZ :) (not that I'm really asking for it, but I don't know whom you gave that +1 then, as it wasn't me -- makes me chuckle thinking that you were randomly clicking on whatever it was :laugh: )

[smg id=7322 type=preview align=center caption="crowded places 001"]

PZ

Nope - just got distracted and neglected to click the button!  Fixed now  ^-^

That's another fine image - the crows looks quite realistic  :-X

Art Blade

lol thank you  ^-^

Quote from: PZ on November 13, 2014, 10:22:41 AMthe crows looks quite realistic  :-X

Man, I love you for those typos. Best ever: boar pilot. :-D

Not yet the Notre Dame but it's something like that there, too.
[smg id=7323 type=preview align=center caption="details 001"]

PZ

:laugh: :-X

One thing I really like about the graphics is the vivid color - not the cartoonish colors of FC3, but very realistic looking pieces that I'd expect to see in that time period.

Art Blade

yep, looks nice. By the way, +1 :-X for those genuine typos.  :-()

Just did a random coop as it popped up right in front of the Assassins' "Lair" (headquarters or some such) and 20 seconds later the coop started. I was the weakest and completely inexperienced and under-ranked (1 diamond me, 2 diamonds the mission.. and I felt it) -- I think I killed at least a cat and someone injured on the ground whom I gave a finishing touch.  :-()

[smg id=7324 type=preview align=center caption="coop 001"]

PZ

:-D thanks, I think...  :-()

How did you know a mission was being offered?

Funny thing is last night my son and I were both in the game at the same time, and I saw someone leaning nonchalantly against the wall.  When I went up to the figure I realized it was my son and the game gave me the option of inviting him into my world.

Talk about being out of synch - when we first played on the opening day were 1 diamond players - last night he was 4 diamond and I was still 1 diamond - what a mismatch!

Art Blade

I knew because like you, I saw a guy standing outside the HQ and something, perhaps a symbol, told me it was a coop mission. I approached him and saw the text popping up about that coop. I chose to accept, then it said something like waiting for other players and I had the option to quit the search, but it only took like 20 seconds until we were enough (3) players and it started. I remember I had a chance to accept the coop as public (which I did) or private.

PZ

Good to know.  I did not know if it was because my son is a "friend" or if strangers also could offer and/or join a mission.  I like this method of starting a co-op mission

Art Blade

I started our own club :)

Favourite social activity: Exploration
Creed: Fun
Country UK because the language is English and I'm in Europe, so visibly more suitable for players from a similar time zone and hopefully with English language skills. But hey, we can still expand to more OWG clubs across the globe  :-D
[smg id=7325 type=preview align=center caption="ACU OWG"]

Art Blade

Now I understand those diamonds just only show how well you're geared up. The more diamonds, the more armour, weapon strength and so forth. The weakest bit of your outfit determines the diamonds shown next to your name. The rank to the right of those diamonds is independent from that. I just spent some money on 2-diamonds gear.

[smg id=7326 type=preview align=center caption="gearing up 01"]

PZ

Very nice, AB!  :-X

+1 for that club - didn't even think of forming one even though I knew of their existence

Tags:
🡱 🡳