PS4 - first impressions

Started by PZ, November 12, 2014, 08:23:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Delighted.  It is like playing in a cut scene, the graphics are so good - detail is stunning.  You can see the different textures in the clothing, like silk, leather, velvet, etc.  Metals look like the real thing, as does the marble floors, gilded furniture, and paintings.

Remember AB posted a video in a palace (or some such lavishly adorned room)?  They look just like that in the game.

The basic entry tutorial into the game lasts about an hour, but is fun because you get to practice your new fighting techniques, and best of all running the rooftops.  OMG it is so much fun running up and down the buildings!  You can literally run toward the edge of a building, press the proper buttons, and launch yourself off the edge and you'll grab the proper edges, poste or other things to break your fall.  I'm very pleased so far, even though I'm only an hour or so into the game.

Here's the kicker - multiplayer - you all know how I hate MP.  My son was online last night (he started playing earlier, and was able to guide me into a co-op play with him.  It was the first time that I really enjoyed MP!  In fact, for me it was perfect because you are not playing against other people, you are playing against the AI with your friend on real missions, not the bogus foolishness I saw in prior AC MP.  This is what I was dreaming about when in 2009 we were talking about how fun it would be to be doing co-op in FC2 doing missions together.  This game has the exact experience I was hoping for.

Just like prior games, when you encounter a landmark of some kind or a person of interest, you can read their history - I like that.

So far, I can't say anything negative - even the cut scenes are fun to watch because they develop the story.

Actually, I can say one thing negative - starting the game required a 881 mb patch, but if that is all there is that is bad.... keeping my fingers crossed.

Art Blade

:) :-X

I was expecting you to enjoy it, even including the cutscenes :-D You're lucky the console doesn't have the same issues as the PC does because the game is tailored for the console. I watched half a playthrough on YT (the guys are still playing and haven't finished the game yet) and it was really nice. I haven't seen anything but the main mission but I know there are LOADS of side quests available.

Keep having fun :) I am looking forward to coop gaming, too. :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Thanks, AB - so far it is all I was hoping for, and as you know, graphics quality and realism are among the most important aspects of a game for me.

Another thing I like is that you can run through crowds without falling like a baby as in prior games - really disliked clumsy Ezio.

Funny moment - I have not figured out the fighting mechanics yet, and I had chosen a rifle as my primary weapon.  Because I did not know how to fire it, (or did not have any ammo - not sure) my son asked "dad, why are you beating those guards instead of just shooting them?"  It must have looked really funny - me using my rifle as a club.

It was a good club though  >:D

Art Blade

:-D

"We don't slap our enemies. We beat them." :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Tags:
🡱 🡳