Make Frank Disappear

Started by Dweller_Benthos, April 27, 2009, 08:01:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

So, I was trying to do something weird with the mission where you have to assassinate the weapon dealer. I wanted to see if I could kill the dealer before Frank detonated the bomb on the bridge, just to see what happened. After fooling around a bit, I loaded the barge with IEDs and found if you detonate before you give Frank the fuse, he just vanishes.

[smg id=189 type=av align=center caption="Where'd he go?"]

I recorded the vid using the trainer just to make things simpler and faster in getting down to the barge and back up again. Still messed up the jumps to get back up the cliff, that takes a little longer than I wanted, but in the end it's kinda funny. This can be done without the trainer, it's just a long hike back up to the bridge. Hit the detonator and Frank is gone and calling you a tosser on the cell phone. The ultimate result of this experiment is that you can't kill the weapon dealer before the bomb gets detonated, because I think the dealer just vanishes as soon as you hand the fuse over. I have detonated before the bomb explodes and nothing happens. I'll have to jump back down to the barge sometime and see if he's still there when the big bomb goes off, but I doubt it.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

JRD

Very funny how he just pop out and call you from God knows where...  ;D
Nice too to just walk in an enemy infested area and shoot one by one calmly...
All I can remember is "Terminator"
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, god mode helps. Otherwise, it takes a bit longer to clear the area and I wanted to keep the video short.
D_B

spaceboy

I particularly like that you placed 5 IEDs in a 10x10 room.  Sure, one would suffice, but if you got 'em, use 'em. 
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

Great clip D_B,  I particularly like the way that you paused during the pan and zoom feature to allow the viewer to read the mission, and then to see the orientation on the map - excellent for people that might not be that familiar with the game. (I loved the part where Frank just disappeared...)

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, I'm getting better with the zoom feature, it's just a matter of standing still int eh game long enough to use it right.

AS for the number of IEDs, yes, use 'em if you got 'em, plus I had a couple of runs where I only planted two or three and they didn't kill the guy. I was wondering if he ever left the little hut or not.
D_B

PZ

I think he does - although I've never gone down to kill him directly, I did observe him through a sniper rifle one time from the path up to the bridge.  [I thought that was probably why you spread the IEDs so much]

Art Blade

that was a funny vid and a crazy idea  :-X top! That inspires :) It just so happens that I've played the same mission today, got the fuse and let Frank blow the bridge. I'm going back now and see if I can do something to mess up the mission too :) again, very funny idea of you, D_B
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

I found that you can kill the guy before the bridge blows but you don't get any credit for it. The guy is still there on the barge, and it doesn't matter if you kill him before the bridge falls. Kinda fun jumping down there (god mode & high jump trainer of course) and watching the bridge fall down on top of you and sink the barge while you're on it.

I also tried getting in the truck the bomb is in, but you can't. I wanted to drive it somewhere else, lol.
D_B

Art Blade

hahaha! All I found out there's nothing that funny by way of comparison. I did jump down there too and survived (missed the boat) so I climbed on deck and shot the Sherr... the captain. With a silenced weapon. Frank must have some enhanced ear drums because I immediately got a call and his version of how thankful he was.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Fiach

Its great how this game opens so many possibilities to just goof around and mix things up a little bit more than the average sane person would consider :)
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

PZ

Quote from: Fiach on May 02, 2009, 06:16:20 AM
Its great how this game opens so many possibilities to just goof around and mix things up a little bit more than the average sane person would consider :)

My sentiments exactly Fiach - I simply love how each time I enter the FC2 world, the experience is a new one.  Just this morning, I threw a grenade at a merc, and it detonated as he passed it while running toward me.  His dead body flew at me like the vehicles sometimes do - I'd personally never experienced that before.  It is these tiny attentions to detail that keeps me fascinated with the game.

Tags:
🡱 🡳