Downloading AC:Unity now

Started by Art Blade, November 10, 2014, 12:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

???

[smg id=7309 type=preview align=center caption="pre download"]

phew.. I have a slightly better download speed. Estimated less than 7 hours. Those of you with a really fast download will probably not even notice it..
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

:o

I'm glad that I'm picking up the physical media!

Art Blade

:)

The actual download is some 37GB, but apparently it will decompress when installing the game.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Can you imagine fragger trying to make that kind of a download on his old connection!  ???

Art Blade

That would have been subject for an inscription on his tomb stone or at least the eulogy, like "he passed away while waiting for a long download to finish." :-D

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on November 10, 2014, 02:22:24 PM
That would have been subject for an inscription on his tomb stone...

... or maybe the tombstone of his internet provider if he ever caught up with him  :-()

Art Blade

damn, I was still editing that post! :-()

Yep. "Here rests fragger's ISP who died during an unprecedented act of barbaric violence." :-D

PZ

PZ

How much more time before you get in to the game?  ????

Art Blade

as of right now, quoting steam store,

QuoteAvailable: 12 November
This game will unlock in approximately 2 days and 0 hours

PZ

I can pick it up at 9PM PST this evening, but I think I'll wait until tomorrow - it's cold outside  :-()

Art Blade

:-()

weird, those different localised release dates. However, can't change it. Right then, you grab that game when you can, I am downloading as one of the first people to do so -- hopefully still before the "gold rush" starts. So far, I'm downloading at maximum capacity, looks good. :-X

PZ

Well, I'm excited that even though we're not on the same platform, we'll be playing the same game for a change

Art Blade

fingers crossed, my rig has yet to prove that it can. But yes, if it works, it's going to be fun to play the same NEW game, for a change :) :-X

JRD

I'd love to be playing AC:U with you guys but unfortunately I fell behind one AC game. I am now waiting for AC:BF to go on sale in a month or so to buy it cheap and only then play it in parallel to the other AC games (currently playing Brotherhood from start since I lost my save game where I was about 3/4 through with A LOT of collectibles done  :'( )

By the time I'm through Unity will be at the bargain bin as well and you will be all fed up with his game  :-\\

But I'm glad we are living times where there are so many good Assassin's Creed games to choose form  8)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

I was just thinking of the 55 gb install size.  When I first started video gaming, and played FC2 as my first game, my PS3 had a 40 gb hard drive.  FC2 hardly occupied any of the space  ???

Art Blade

yep :) After the download, the information on my steam download was "39.1GB downloaded."

Hey JRD.. skip all the old stuff and go backwards, starting with ACU  :-D

Here is a new nVidia driver with ACU optimisation. WHQL, version # 344.65

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/79527/en-us

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on November 10, 2014, 11:29:23 PM
Hey JRD.. skip all the old stuff and go backwards, starting with ACU  :-D

That's exactly what I was thinking - AC:5 has nothing to do with the story line of prior versions.  AC3,4,5 each have their own separate heroes

Art Blade

and JRD, you'd be on the same page with us -- same game, same time :-()

JRD

I might... I could... I can... maybe I will!  ;D

I just want to pay a fair price for it. I can play AC:BF while the price on AC:U drops. It's a bit salty here in Brazil!  ::)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

God damn it :D >:((

[smg id=7311 type=full align=center caption="updating 25mins+"]

Stiku

I love how Ubi is able to suprise you every time.

PZ

???

It's probably a new patch with a bunch of fixes... at least that's what we can think it must be because Ubisoft is such a caring company

PZ

... and then they will issue a patch to fix the patch

Art Blade

just checked, in my steam download it now reads "unpacking" (37GB) -- what a nice packing/unpacking algorithm that takes 25+ minutes to unpack 37GB to an estimated 55GB >:((

Tags:
🡱 🡳