New AC5 trailer...

Started by PZ, October 08, 2014, 09:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

... AC5 release date is November 11th - I wonder how many more delays  8-X

Assassin's Creed Unity Story Trailer [US]

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

nexor

Seems like an interesting improvement on AC3 PZ.
I have no idea what AC4 is about, will look into getting it once I've done the second play through on AC3, AC4 game play will determine whether I buy AC5 or not.

What puts me off about AC3 is all the keys you have to press while in a fight, my fingers are so big that I sometimes press two keys at the same time, the key I'm supposed to press and one next to it, often pressing the wrong one first cancelling out the right one which then gets me killed, resulting in me having to start all over again  :-\\

PZ

I didn't like AC3, nex - in fact, that was my least favorite of the series.  AC4 allows you to sail the high seas and live life as a pirate, and that was mildly interesting.  However, after a single play through and a brief start into another, I lost interest.

AC5 is back in a congested city and reminds me more of my favorites - the ones in Italy.  I'm really looking forward to this one on the next-gen console.

Nice video, AB - looks like coop will be rather good in this iteration of the game.  :-X

nexor

Thanks for the heads up on AC4 PZ, I'll pass on and see what happens with AC5  :-X

Art Blade

PZ, indeed. :)

Nexor, I played AC1 and 2 and lost interest. Then for some reason I played through AC4:Black Flag and had quite a bit of fun but not enough to start a new playthrough but I discovered the coop which was very interesting -- until I ended up winning and leading every category there was in coop which at that point rendered it boring. The new AC5 is going to merge all the good aspects of both SP and coop plus improving most of the gameplay. For instance, no more desync and instead, really free moving around on buildings, particularly the way down is what you pick rather than having to look for haystacks. :)

They spent about four years creating the city, 25% of the buildings are accessible, and there is the underground, making the entire accessible area about three times as big as the AC4 world.  ??? :)

PZ

I really hope AC5 is as good as I imagine it will be

Art Blade

Art Blade

PZ

Art Blade

indeed  :) what IS worrying me though is the required PC hardware. By the looks of it, I won't be able to fully enjoy it, if at all, as the minimum specs are higher than what my current machine can muster. Not much but still.. if I'm lucky, I might get it to w@&k with a low quality setup. I just don't want to buy a new comp just yet. I'll have to wait at least until GTAV is released because I suspect that to be similarly demanding and it will be around February 2015 which means with a bit of luck better hardware for less money by the time I get to decide what to do.

PZ

I would definitely need a new rig.  I've done nothing with my PC since I first purchased it

Trouble is just purchased a Surface Pro 3 and can't justify another expense

Art Blade

It is an unpleasant situation. My rig is fairly new and I don't want to buy a new one just for one game. Then there is GTAV coming up which is likely to raise the limits again. I'll wait until next year and for GTAV before I decide anything.

PZ

Sounds quite fiscally prudent.

One of the reasons I purchased the new console is to take advantage of the new games in a cost effective way.  The downside is that I can't mod console games.  Modding (like with FC2) is something that I really enjoy because I take a stock vanilla game and turn it into something that I have customized to my own preferences - try that with a console.

Art Blade

I can't play with game pads properly. I purchased two controllers recently, first the Logitech controller (which has got an enormous dead zone -- move one of those analogue sticks almost 1 cm and nothing happens, and for the last tiny bit of range, it kicks in full force; almost like a digital controller) and then an Xbox360 controller for the PC with really nice and precise analogue sticks. However, my hands start to hurt after quite a short time and I can't free-look while moving and shooting or similar combinations -- the right analogue stick is just not the same as a mouse movement. In other words, I'd be lost with a console.

PZ

Yeah, I know what you mean.  I've mentioned it many times before, but using a console controller is almost like using your feet to control the mouse - very clunky and inefficient.  I guess that is why it is so important to have the "snap-to" feature enabled for the console users.

Stiku

This is why gamers should not be allowed to buy anything below the mainstream cards, I learned this in the 90's side  :lamp: that you need to buy from the mainstream or the top lineup.
Also by looking at the game, the drawing distance is great, there are ALOT of NPC to render and control, more to do, more performance is required.
Also the gaming scene has been on hold for too long because of the consoles, so its nice to see that someone dares to make the move foward again.

Tags:
🡱 🡳