New Playthrough

Started by Binnatics, September 08, 2014, 02:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

All the waiting for the final release of GTA V on PC made me go back to where Rockstar left me; in Liberty City. When I came back from holiday I was already longing for Liberty. The best place to roll, to hang out, to kill some time... 8)
I went checking out some old savegames where I was halfway through, shortly after reaching Algonquin, where the real fun begins. But when I checked these saves I almost forgot the whole story and I did not pay attention to the side missions back then so I didn't have nice stats with all my friends and such. I decided to start all over, right from the start. :)
Well, not totally, I once started a game without making any mission progress, just the small ride with Roman to the first safehouse. From there on, I only focussed on all possible side missions available right from the start; Killing Pigeons, doing Unique stunt jumps, winning activities like pooling, darts and Qub3D.... and doing that I reached 9,45% completion. When I had that done and realised I couldn't get any further I started collecting the best guns, sniper rifles, assault and grenades. Maxed all that out and collected a nice amount of money. With that old "perfect start savegame" I started this playthrough.

I already reached Algonquin again, and am just about to kill Playboy X. I want the fancy apartment and depressed Dwayne as a friend ;)
I am heavily enjoying the game and the story again, watching all cutscenes and listening to all radio stations cruising the city. I am surprised by the cold-harded Nico, how he can be a pain in the a$$ of most people. He has his kindnesses but most of the time he's just an ice cold killer. Roman, with his endless gambling and stupid, yet enlightening enthusiasm. Juicy Brusie the winner who is so full of himself he misses all the fun in life ::)

And now I'm about to meet Packy McReary, the best guy to hang out with, providing the best missions in the game. Already looking forward to the crazy conversations with all his brothers and crooks and the bank job we're about to do short from now :-() :-() :-()

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

nice :) Brucie was a weirdo but Packie was my favourite, too, and Little Jacob  :-()

Patrick McReary (friend activities prior to Gta V)

Jacob Hughes (Little Jacob)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Yeah, Little Jacob is something! There have been published LJ dictionaries on line to help people understand his broken English better, lol :laugh:

Is á Búmbaclot ya rasta!
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Binnatics

I just went on and on, and there it is: 100% completion ^-^

The hardest last percentages were to collect all random encounters and to do all activities with Little Jacob, Packie and Brucie. The last 0,5% was collected by helping Pathos, the street-rapper in Algonquin, go to the hospital after he gets shot by some thugs. He reminds me of OG Loc back in Los Santos at times, especially when he gets nervous due to blood loss on his way to the first aid.

It was great fun doing all missions again after so long ago. I enjoyed all the cutscenes a lot and in fact I found most shootouts rather easy. I remember back when I did my first playthrough in '09 I had to repeat the last mission many many times, where you chase Jimmy Pegorino and finally kill him near the Liberty statue. This time I completed it on my first try. The only tricky part, as always, was boarding the chopper after jumping to it with the Sanchez. I rammed the space key like a pneumatic drill and finally was able to lift myself (Nico) into the heli.

I got all mission related special cars, but one disappeared from the parking space. It's the white Cognoscenti you can steal from Gracy Ancelotti after her random encounter. It's sad, because it is very special in a way. It's completely white, so white even, that it burns your eyes. Really remarkable. Bad luck, whatever. I also found a Cognoscenti in the colours Red-black and it looks just like those Saints Row the 3rd gangster cars ^-^

Art Blade

+1 :-X for excellence  :-D

I remember the white limo but don't be sad, it drives like a hovercraft submerged in honey. The other cars are cooler, I particularly like (and have kept) the golden Infernus.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

I have that one as well. And Stevies golden comet. A nice couple ^-^

Tags:
🡱 🡳