tweaking your graphics

Started by Stiku, May 28, 2014, 01:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stiku

Also I made some modifications to my graphical settings on the game, the default and presets were causing me some very annoying nuisance,
and Art wanted to me to post this to here too : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=216291078

Art Blade

That's interesting and quite useful. :)

You gave me this link, too:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/arma2.cfg

As far as I understand it, you can use ARMAII settings in DayZ SA, will have to take a look

Thanks, Stiku :) +1 :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

OK, I went through the settings with Stiku.

Here is what I did:

the steam game launch options (i5 CPU)

-cpuCount=4 -nosplash -noPause

The YourName.DayZProfile config (you find it on C:\users\yourname\documents) manual edit:

fov=1;
sceneComplexity=250000;
shadowZDistance=100;
viewDistance=2500;
preferredObjectViewDistance=1500;
terrainGrid=25;

And the in-game menu settings (nVidia GTX660)

[smg id=7032 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ gfx tweaks 01"]
[smg id=7033 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ gfx tweaks 02"]
[smg id=7034 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ gfx tweaks 03"]
[smg id=7035 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ gfx tweaks 04"]
[smg id=7036 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ gfx tweaks 05"]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Thanx Stiku, for the tip. That helped quite a bit reduced framerate drop.  ^-^ :-X
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Binnatics

After trying out several of the given options I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't do me much good. Trying to make the game run on all 7 threats did not result in better FPS, it even made the game render the surroundings very slowly, which made the environment flicker a lot and give an inconsistent image of my surroundings.
After that I tried to change several settings in the DayZProfile file, but that did practically the same. I had the idea the entire graphics appearance got messed up. Everthing started to act weird and not accordingly. In the end I set all settings ingame to default, and now everything was fine again. I only changed back the resolution to 1080 end left the rest of the settings the way they were.
The only change I've kept is the CPUcount, which I kept to 4. And the nopause and nosplash. The game got its regular glory back, the way I liked it so much. The way stuff appeared, the drawing distance and spawning are back to normal, feel natural again. In not too crowded areas there couldn't possibly be anything better with the graphics imho, and in crowded areas I still loose FPS. I take it for granted and leave it as is. The way the game configures the graphics is still the best for me ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

interesting how there can be such a difference, in my case the above tweaks improved my game significantly. :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳