Steelhead candy

Started by PZ, April 21, 2014, 11:37:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Steelhead looked good at Costco last week so it was time to make some candy.  Had halibut tacos to pass the time away

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

wow. That sure looks nice  :) :-X How long does that last? Looks as if you bought enough for a year.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Thanks!  ^-^

It lasts a long time, but I actually made much of it for the kids - they love it

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

Wow!  That would be like a life time supply for me.  :-D

It really does look good.  :-X

Good enough to fool me into making that old mistake once again.  :D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

:-X

I don't know how long it will last, but I actually did 2 batches of 8 racks each, one just this past weekend, and another about a month ago.  The batch a month ago is already gone.

As to preserving quality, I suspect quite high due to the smoke.  I have smoked cheese that I've vacuum sealed last summer, and it is still perfect.  Others have claimed finding cheese in the back of their fridge a year or more old which is still just fine - I suspect it is true.

Art Blade

You can't taste it.. you just fall over after a day or so and wake up a few days later with a really bad, cheesy taste in your mouth and white mould in your armpits. 8-X :-()

PZ

Tags:
🡱 🡳