AC5: Unity

Started by PZ, March 25, 2014, 05:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

At last, back in old Europe - Unity is set in the French revolution.  Due out as usual, in the holiday season of this year.  This should look spectacular on the new generation consoles and high end PCs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb38sShAjOU#ws

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

durian

Looks great even at alpha stage  :-X

There's another AC game coming out later this year for PS3, Xbox360 and PC:

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Assassin-Creed-Comet-Xbox-360-PS3-Takes-Place-America-63031.html
He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

PZ

Yes, I'm cautiously optimistic about Unity.  Not sure if I'll go with Comet because I was just not that enamored with AC4 - it was okay, but I have not returned to it after my last DLC download.

I'm easily bored with games since FC2.

fragger

I remember you were less than enthused with AC4 :-D

FC2 is a tough act to follow for we open-worlders.

durian

He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

Art Blade

that looks good. Looks as if they were going to add more freedom, as in open world, to that game, too.

and CO-OP with up to three friends?

COUNT ME IN!  >:D :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Very impressive  :-X

Art Blade

already pre-ordered the gold edition  :-()

PZ

This is the game I'm looking most forward to despite it being Ubi

Art Blade

yep, let's hope for the best :)

..and prepare for the worst.  :-()

fragger

Art Blade

PZ

Art Blade

Recently, they postponed ("delayed" -- doesn't that sound familiar?) the release date to November 11, 2014. The same date they release The Crew. A little later, they'll release FC4. UBI is quite busy pushing big games out, not to forget their recent Watch Dogs.

PZ

Sounds like standard Ubi speak to me

Stiku

Problem is that Watch_Dogs, AC5 and Far Cry 4 are made by Ubisoft Montreal.  :D
Big studio, atleast they have more than 2 employees at that complex.  :-\\

And The Crew is made by former Reflection and Ivory Tower.

Art Blade

the damn waiting is getting on my nerves.

PZ

I finished Watch Dogs, and it was quite fun despite my initial hesitation.  I don't know if I will ever play it again - maybe, but I'm not so inclined like I have been with other games.  I anticipate the same for FC4, but am quite excited for AC5

Art Blade

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/assassins-creed-unity-pc-update-1-2-0-changelog-revealed-addresses-multi-gpu-issues/

QuoteAssassin's Creed: Unity – PC Update 1.2.0 Changelog Revealed, Addresses Multi-GPU Issues
Quote################################################## ##############################
    Ubisoft Entertainment
    Assassin's Creed® Unity v1.2.0
    ################################################## ##############################
    Fixed crash when accepting invitation in specific cases
    Added NVIDIA technologies descriptions in advanced graphics page
    Improved performance in cinematic on low HW configurations
    Fixed various Graphic issues
    Fixed various Input issues
    Fixed various Multi-GPU issues
    Fixed various UI issues
    Fixed various Uplay Invitations issues

################################################## ##############################
    Ubisoft Entertainment
    Assassin's Creed® Unity v1.1.0

Fixed crash with MSAA enabled
    The "Reload" action is now available in the "Customize Controls" menu
    Fixed various Graphic issues
    Fixed various Multi-GPU issues
    Fixed various Multi-Monitor issues
    Fixed various UI issues
    Fixed various Uplay Actions issues
    Fixed various Uplay Progressive Download issues
    Fixed various Uplay Rewards issues

PZ

??? :o

Makes you wonder if they did any kind of testing at all!

Art Blade

haha, almost what I thought. :) I thought, "how about QA and damn it, it doesn't make sense to first set a deadline and only then start to code the game"

PZ

Well, releasing patches is a matter of routine these days, with just about everything coded on this planet.

It is a bit much though, to start releasing patches for software that hasn't even been sold yet  :knockout

Art Blade

at least the patched it before we got the game so we don't freak out right from start. But I suspect there will be more bugs so we might still freak out.  :-D

PZ

Of course we will - remember how a patch broke FC2 so we couldn't hear the tapes!  :D

Tags:
🡱 🡳