Well.. I bought FC2, again. This time with fortune's edition.

Started by Art Blade, February 20, 2014, 10:48:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

I couldn't resist. Steam offer: €6.49 with the fortune's pack which I couldn't get back in the day when it all began. I remember spaceboy and PZ rubbing it in all the time, their unimogs and crossbows and whatnot.

I'M BACK, THIS TIME WITH ALL THAT!  >:D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

YAY! :-D
[smg id=6593 type=preview align=center caption="YAY crossbow"]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

mandru

I probably envy your having the Unimog the most out of everything else that comes in the fortune's pack.  All the other stuff is cool but I love Unimogs.  ;D

It was my vow to never let Steam back into another one of my systems that kept me from finishing the HalfLife2 series and the Portal games.  Now this.  :D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

fragger

PZ

That's great news, AB!  I know you'll have lots of fun, and I too like the unimog as one of my favorite vehicles, particularly because you get a mounted .50 cal in Leboa, which is unheard of in the vanilla game.  Add to that the fact that it does not stumble of pebbles like some of the other vehicles do and you have a most excellent combat vehicle.

I also like the ATV because it is quite nimble and can go almost anywhere you can walk.

Looking forward to your stories  :-X

Art Blade

so far I've been using the silenced shotty a lot which packs quite a punch without alarming other mercs. I tested the crossbow on a few swamp boat patrols and I was pleased. I was even amused when I fired the crossbow in Pala and heard the mercs starting to swear until the explosive arrow hit something. :-D I haven't yet found an Unimog or a quad but I'm on the lookout. I'm curious :)

fragger

I believe there is a Unimog at the explosive dump/checkpoint directly east of Pala. I think the quads replace some of the "Datsuns" and buggies in the game, i.e. they don't have their own unique locations. It's been quite a while since I played FC2 but that is what I seem to remember :)

Art Blade

Yeah, I found a quad at the explosives checkpoint near the slaughterhouse. And FU..ING malaria struck me just when I was about to pull away.

[smg id=6594 type=preview align=center caption="quadlaria"]

PZ

fragger

:laugh:

Geez, I'd almost forgotten about those malaria attacks. That Brody kid never gets sick, except for maybe in the head :-()

Art Blade

:) Not to mention I found an AS50 in a safehouse that jammed just when I wanted to kill a guy who -- thanks to my degrading weapon -- managed to escape.

Oh, and I realised FC2 calls checkpoints guard posts.

PZ

Makes me want to start up FC2 again, but I'm hopelessly hooked on Battlefield 4 at the moment

Art Blade

:) I'm very much hooked elsewhere, too -- XCOM: Enemy Unknown.

Binnatics

Quote from: PZ on February 23, 2014, 09:39:05 AM
Makes me want to start up FC2 again, but I'm hopelessly hooked on Battlefield 4 at the moment

Does that mean you enjoy MP atm? That's something ^-^ ...something VERY addictive if you get the hang of it ;)

Nice one Art, I also forgot about the malaria attacks.

Btw; that same steam sale got me into buying FC3; Blood Dragon for only €5,09. Haven't tried it out yet, I'm currently hopelessly hooked to Max Payne 3 again. Trying to do a 'New York Minute Hardcore', which means an entire playthrough without dying once, without saving and with only 1 minute on the clock to start with. That last bit isn't a problem, after 10 chapters I have 20 minutes on the clock and with every kill it keeps counting, but not dying is quite a thing.
It's in fact a lot of investigating and trying to get the best strategy for every single scene in the game. My last try brought me to the final scene in the 12th chapter. There's 14 in total, so I am close. Now trying to find the best path through chapter 13 and 14. :-()

...Err, you can call me insane if you want to :-D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

fragger

:)

Binn, we'll only call you insane if you try to do it over and over while thinking, "This time, it's going to be different..." ;)

Binnatics

PZ

Quote from: Binnatics on February 25, 2014, 12:01:45 PM
Does that mean you enjoy MP atm? That's something ^-^ ...something VERY addictive if you get the hang of it ;)

Actually, yes - it is something I never ever thought I would enjoy.  The B4 world is large - up to 64 players at a time, smooth as silk, and stunning in 1080p.  Because you can do whatever you want, (tanks, planes, boats, CQC, etc) it is much more fun than other MP games I have tried.

Just the other day (when I actually had time to play a bit), I'd unlocked a stinger, and using that little gem I hid in an out of the way section of the map and locked onto aircraft - it was funny to see the pilots throw chaff, flares, and do acrobatics while trying to escape my rocket.

I'll never be good at the CQC, but the vehicles I'm fairly adept at - have upgraded all of my land vehicles to the maximum.

Quote from: fragger on February 25, 2014, 12:56:51 PM
Binn, we'll only call you insane if you try to do it over and over while thinking, "This time, it's going to be different..." ;)

:laugh:

Binnatics

I am curious for BF4 MP as well, because of the huge setup. 64 players is gigantic, I've only experienced 32 in GTA IV online. Also madness, the entire city for you to use in MP battles of all sorts.  ;)

PZ

Quote from: Binnatics on February 26, 2014, 09:09:08 AM
I am curious for BF4 MP as well, because of the huge setup. 64 players is gigantic...

I don't know how they do it.  Everything is so fluid, and you can see activity all over the battlefield, even things far away

Binnatics

Good engine, that's for sure. Do you ever experience lagging?

PZ

Quote from: Binnatics on February 26, 2014, 02:17:38 PM
Good engine, that's for sure. Do you ever experience lagging?

Not once ever - that's why it is so astounding because my internet is wireless

durian

I heard a guy on a forum said  3 days ago:"Titanfall can replace BF4 for my MP fix because BF4 is a buggy piece of s#!t right now."

He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

PZ

Quote from: durian on February 26, 2014, 04:47:17 PM
... BF4 is a buggy piece of s#!t right now."

Maybe the PC version?  I'm using PS4, and it has failed a few times, but not that much considering how many times I've been on it

Tags:
🡱 🡳