psst... wanna steal a grenade-launching assault truck?

Started by PZ, March 15, 2009, 09:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

This one is old business to most of the members here, but if you want a grenade truck, check out the map below:  From the northeast bus stop in Bowa-Seko, go a short distance to the west to the weapon shop and wait behind the buildings.  Soon a roving patrol that has a grenade-launching assault truck will appear.  Fire a shot into the air to get their attention and they'll come to you, but you're safe behind the buildings.  Wait for them to get out of their truck and then dispatch them via your favorite method, and voila, you have a grenade truck that you can use to wreak havoc anywhere in the FC2 world!

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Dweller_Benthos

There is also at least one other grenade truck. One of the patrols in the southern part of the map has one, I was around the ranger station or post office in a serious fight when the truck rolled in, but somehow they never fired a shot and after the dust settled, I hopped in the truck and was surprised to find that it was grenade equipped. One of these days I'll figure out which one it was.

If I could figure a way to make the map show which patrol routes have which vehicle, I'd do it. Maybe different colors I suppose. Some of them are only a guy in a hatchback, so those aren't as bad as running up against a truck with a 50 cal in it. Another thing to do eventually. I really want to finish the game once though. lol

Is that little hatchback car a Datsun or Nissan? I forget. Or is it even based on a real car?
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

spaceboy

Man D_B, you need to take some time for yourself and finish the game.  I know how much we all appreciate the w@&k you've put in, now take a break and enjoy the end-game. 
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

Of course you should have the opportunity to play the game through - the rest of us have had the pleasure of your hard w@&k for a long time now.  Of course, with that said, the user in me is looking forward to more of your great ideas!  One of these days, if I can get a decent PC, I'd like to do screen cap of key vantage points so that I can add them as links to the maps.  It would be great to click a guard post on the map and have an actual image come up, or perhaps even a small slide show.  Having tiny camera icons linked to screen captures on the major location maps might also be helpful.  Oh well, one of these days... (I still haven't done much more with the mission descriptions...)

As to the car, I think I recall reading somewhere that it is modeled after an actual vehicle - due to the age, I'd guess that it is a Datsun.

JRD

Yes D_B... take your time and finish the game now... You had a lot of w@&k putting the map together, you should enjoy it now.
Funny thing, I just noticed we are playing with distinct approaches. You mapped the whole game to perfection and now are playing it for the first time. I played it avoiding most spoilers as possible and enjoying the feeling of being in a hostile territory, alone, with a beautyfull and unknown landscape ahead of me.
In my first playthrough I remeber thinking "- what will I find if I go this way?" or "-Wow... a desert!!"
Every mission was taking me to a place I've never seen, and therefore, the strategy played a huge role in my experience as I never knew in advance what the area was like, if I could snipe from a distance or had to make my way into a shanty town or the junk yard. To have an alternative loadout in the crates was essential in my first run, otherwise accomplishing a mission would be even harder (which happened a lot, in fact, for a wrong choice of weapons), and a few times I found myself going back to a safe house to swap guns and try again!!
Now I know whats ahead of me so I can choose the best loadout from the beginning.
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

spearhead_22

If you don't have a sniper rifle with you, the method mentioned by pzrzao would do the trick. However, if you have a sniper rifle with you, things would be even easier. You just have to wait behind the car at the bus station and face towards the Weapon Shop. Be patient. Once the Grenade Launcher mounted truck is visible and is near the Weapon Shop, snipe the driver. His partner will take the driving seat and snipe him as well. Now go get the grenade-launching assault truck in style. No need to walk upto it. Just drive the car and dump it when you are near the prized vehicle!
Don't knock on Heaven's door. Ring the bell and...run! He hates it. :)

spearhead_22

@ D_B:

Here are the other locations I had encountered the grenade launcher mounted assault trucks apart from the one near the Weapon Shop. I've marked the regions with red lines.

Dweller_Benthos

Yep, have them all plotted with nice color-coded lines now, new map is up here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GACZKOUT

D_B

spearhead_22

Here's how you steal the grenade launcher mounted truck my way!

[smg id=10 type=av]

If possible, view it in HD quality in youtube.

spaceboy

Nice job.  I love how the gunner just drops into the line of fire in the drivers seat.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

spearhead_22

Thanks, spaceboy. I too like the way the gunner takes the driving seat after his partner is killed. Easy target.  ;)

JRD

You see your friend being shot in the face while driving and what is your reaction?
Take his place behind the wheel, of course...
Kind of Artificial Dumbness too...
Cold blood spearhead, you just wait for them to get into line of shot... excellent

PZ

wow, that video is amazing, both from the shooting standpoint (great sniping) plus the HD quality.  Do you know if YouTube purges the video after a time?  I would hate to lose these excellent videos that you and spaceboy are creating.

Dweller_Benthos

That's pretty much what I do to, only not usually so graceful, sometimes takes me a couple shots. But, after hopping in a car to drive over there, I usually run over the bodies just to be sure.....

D_B

spearhead_22

Thanks, guys.  :)

PZ, I have an account in youtube, so I upload the videos from inside my account. The files are safe till I delete them myself. I keep the originals in my hard drive as well...just in case someone asks for them.

Art Blade

hello,

if you are new to Bowa-Seko, you'll eventually hit the capital, Mosate Selao (I call it Port Selao) - from there leave by the east exit, cross the bridge, turn right (careful, Guard Post) and instead of following the road to Marina, turn left to the Airfield. fight your way to the very end of the strip. There is a sniper tower, below it a mounted grenade launcher, and in front of it... there waits an unmanned brand new Assault Truck with a grenade launcher equipped :)

Perhaps some merc will try to use it himself once you approach... But I don't remember that they'd used it to shoot a me. The last time, however, when I noticed there was a mounted grenade launcher next to the sniper tower, the truck was gone... I only just returned to check out, the truck is back again.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Good one Art...
I went to the southern airstrip yesterday to save Hakim and checked the GL there. I saw that truck too. But, inspired by you, I returned to my hood-less gren truck parked by the track to the east and returned to the Marina...
Thats a good tip in fact..  ;)

Art Blade

cheers :)

Quote from: JRD on April 26, 2009, 05:50:38 AM
I returned to my hood-less gren truck

That's exactly how I like 'em: stripped to the bones... easy to identify your own truck among all those other vehicles in case they bunch up ;D

On a side note, today I had to abandon my beloved old truck. I did that Nitrous Oxide mission that forced me to drive a lorry all across Bowa... and that made me lose my gren truck :(

I went to the post office, finished the mercs there and did a quicksave (PC). Then I awaited the patrolling gren truck... over and over again I shot him, checked the colour of the truck (blue... eek) until like 3 or 4 reloads later a white gren truck presented itself... deal  :-X

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Mine happens to be white...
Got it on a "sale"... think It's been stolen from some German merc... who knows?   ::)

Art Blade

your car dealer might have been the one who "found" my old car... ;D ;D ;D I hope you finished him off good :-X

PZ

Talk about coincidence - I found that GL truck at the airfield for the first time this morning, and I was all excited to report to you guys and wouldn't you know it - you'd already found it!   :)

Art Blade

sorry to have beaten you to it :) nevertheless, apparently we all have fun looking for that stuff  :-X

PZ

It's all part of the fun!   :)

I've been practicing Art's technique of keeping the same vehicle.  Lately, that has been the Jeep Wrangler - performs well off road - hood-less of course, and has survived many encounters with angry mercs... one time it even survived an RPG attack.  Then, it got caught up in a fire and blew up... sad day in Bowa-Seko...  :-\

KillerZ

Can't you get an upgrade to the A/T to grenade by completing enough missions?

PZ

Yes, if you do the missions to increase your reputation, you'll get safe house upgrades, which eventually leads to the GL upgrade on your safe house vehicles.  The unfortunate part (at least for me) was that I have never received the GL upgrade until almost the end of the game, somewhere around 88% or so if I recall correctly.

Tags:
🡱 🡳