Weirdest reviewer ever!

Started by Art Blade, January 13, 2014, 03:29:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Split off from "GTA-V: PZ's first impressions"

+1 :-X  and thank you Art Blade for bringing up the concept, this topic is going to be fun ^-^
Cheers, Binnatics ;)

thanks, guys. :)

Just for those of you who really, really want to see for themselves, check out the spoiler.

Spoiler
Of course, clicking on said uploader's name when watching it on YouTube rather than embedded here, will lead you to his, err, collection of fine video arts. :-D As a special offer, I added one shiny example of one of his (thankfully, few) reviews. Unfortunately, OWG will not give away the full link to playlists so I have to use a single vid's link but I reckon you'll manage to find those playthroughs.

The first of those vids, to get to know him, will probably cause your nails to roll up and your eardrums to pop but hey, give it a shot. He's one of a kind who usually prefer to stay well hidden and out of reach of massive, blunt weapons such as wooden gnarly clubs. :-D

It is far more enjoyable to watch the GTAV vids (2nd link) with his voice still ringing in your ears   :-()

Forza Motorsport 5 - Review [ HD ]

Grand Theft Auto 5 - GTA 5 - Walkthrough Part 30 [ HD ]

PS. Dear uploader, in case you're reading this, allow me to mention that all of the above was written in total and utter admiration, not in the least ironical or cynical, and in no way disrespectful. You're very privileged to be featured on our site, not many people make it this far. Thank you.  :)

PPS. Don't mention it anywhere and to no one or you will be instantly deprived of all privileges and all traces will be deleted.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Binnatics

Excellent rant Art!! :-X ^-^

I think you might be right about the reason for being so popular; and early copy and thus one of the first to post reviews. If I'm right this guy is Chinese. His accent makes me indeed go nuts and I paused the review of forza 5 after just a few sentences heheh :-()
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

cheers  :-() Whatever his native tongue is, he is a disgrace to his countrymen (unless he's French) and IF his accent is Chinese then he's even managed to botch up that accent :-D I thought in that review, first sentences, particularly "they look absolutely remarkable" sounded extremely French. the -ble ending had a long "e" sound that resembled the "u" in "burger" or "turn" which is typical for the French language while the English would basically "swallow" that "e" and make it sound like "bl". And there were more of those French sounds.

So I think it's only fair to all nations (well, excluding the French 8-X ) to assume that he's not one of theirs. :-D

No thrown objects from the French side? One might say that was predictable.

Just kidding :)

I guess.. ????
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

had to edit the previous one to defend the Chinese and give an example. Also, this is close to getting split off PZ's topic.. kind of a long and excessive off-topic hijack  :-()

* Done :) Cheers!!  Binnatics ;)

PZ

Tat's okay - all is well at OWG  ^-^

fragger

There's nothing whatsoever wrong with a good side jaunt Art if there's a funny and entertaining rant along the way! Nice one  :-() :-() :-() :-X

Art Blade

Binnatics

French speak like they pronounce their words with lips, front-end mouth and nose. This guy speaks like he's chopping bricks with vocals. Long and well-planned strikes. That's Chinese ^-^ 8) :angel:
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

chopping bricks..  :laugh:

Actually, apart from those French endings, I have to admit that a lot of the other stutt.. er, words sounded quite a bit like German. Can anyone find out where that bloke's from?  ????

Binnatics

Well, I gave it another go. THis guy is so utterly stunning, Wow!!! The way he talks about the game is indeed like he records phrases after having written down his comments. No idea why he only records a few seconds every time and pastes it all together again. Man, how can you possibly dishonour a language more than this :o

Funny, but hard to bare. I quit listening after a few minute again ^-^

I tried to imagine a French or other European in this accent, but I still think it's Chinese. He does pronounce most of the vocals correct, although totally misplaced. I think Chinese can do that, because they have such a weird vocal collection themselves. Interesting project though :-D

Art Blade

Nice one :-D I'd like to know what the other guys here are guessing :)

Binnatics

Art Blade

I'm more inclined now to believe he might be German. I hate to say it. :-()

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on January 15, 2014, 02:40:57 PM
I'm more inclined now to believe he might be German. I hate to say it. :-()

:laugh:  :-X

I'm thinking a Chinese guy living in Germany

Art Blade

alright, then.  :-D

<on the phone> immigration office? yes, we found the guy, he was trying to sell stray dogs to a Chinese restaurant. Heh heh, I can understand that you're looking forward to expelling him. Bloody disgrace, that guy. Where to, by the way? France? Perfect. Alright, thank you, too.

mandru

Possibly Korean?  That could explain English spoken with French over tones and Chinese underpinnings.  :-\\
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Binnatics

:laugh: :-X

Well, since I was really curious I sent the guy an email, hoping that he wouldn't feel offended and was willing to tell me his native tongue ^-^

He did respond today, and here's the answer:
Spoiler

Yep , english isn't my native language . So it's sometimes a little bit hard to speak fluent , but with time to time it's getting better .
Anyway , I'm not from French or chinese :P . I'm from Germany .

Thanks for your message

Cheers

;D

Art Blade

YES!  :-D

sadly so.  :-()

I hope he can't trace your request back to here or we're screwed. Well, actually, I'd be.  ??? You didn't point him to this site, did you? ???? As a matter of fact, anyone with a YT account may check their stats and see which sites linked to their video(s). If he really wanted to, he would find those traces. But the sheer amount of his uploads (3k+) makes it seem unlikely that he's going to find out.

Then again, sod it. Someone who publishes that type of crap will have to face and live with the consequences.  :-()

Binnatics

Don't worry, I didn't relate to here. And I've been very polite :-D

Art Blade

Nice. He was friendly and quick replying to you. By the way, +1 :-X for your initiative (asking him straight away, lol) :)

Art Blade

By the way, the above just reminded me of Alpha Protocol. I favoured one particular uploader, Tez710, whose English was flawless (well, being an Englishman) if loaded with cursing and swearing (which was the main reason I kept watching them :laugh: ) but his playthroughs were at times about equally stupid as our recent guy's (what both blokes have in common is that they just start to play without paying attention to tutorials or hints and details in general and, missing out on relevant info, they keep screwing up or at least keep doing things in an, err, less than optimal way  :-() ) Back in the day I contacted him asking allowance for featuring his vids and he even offered advertising our site in exchange. Unfortunately, shortly thereafter, he ceased uploading altogether and never advertised our site. We might have been lucky he didn't.  :-D

Here's an example of Tez710's commentated playthrough of AP.

02.Alpha Protocol (Re-Sub) - Test? What Test?

Binnatics

Heheh, nice one :)

Too bad fraps f***s up his FPS ;)

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳