Mk multiplayer weapons mods

Started by TheStranger, December 26, 2013, 06:17:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheStranger

I was looking for an answer but didn't find one. Are there any improvements from an mk1 mod to an mk5 mod? So is it really noticeable because the weapon stats bar stay the same. Some users say there isn't any difference, one said it improves the stability of the mod i.e. mk5 is 100% stable (the mod is used with every shot - which wouldn't make sense for the larger magazine stalker mod). I just find that an mk5 is better than an mk1 but not how (much) better. Can anyone enlighten me?

Art Blade

I've been playing coop, not MP, but coop also uses those weapon mods. The changes between using a mod and not using a mod are not drastic but subtle. My favourite mod is the warriors mod that gives more damage, combined with the hot rounds that also give more damage. Even with an Mk5 version, there are moments I send a whole clip down the range and it does nothing, same at point blank, sometimes the enemy soaks up a whole magazine worth of warriors mod-empowered hot rounds and just shrugs them off. The next time, one single bullet to the chest kills an enemy.

In other words, the game is so random at times you really don't know whether the mod works or doesn't w@&k at all which means you are likely unable to find out the difference between an Mk1 mod and an Mk5 version of it.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

I can;t enlighten you much more, although I had been playing MP for many many ours. Enough to get every possible upgrade available in the game. I did, just like you, notice difference between mk1 and mk 5 mods, like things going smoother. You may find specific changes when checking out fast reload-mods. But in general, if you want to be successful in MP games, make sure you can move fast and have an MP5 or Vector equiped. Those weapons are most of the time as accurate as a sniper and as deadly as a shotgun, no matter what your distance is. Just try, and you;ll find out how awfully balanced this MP game is. When time goes by you will have all mk mods maxed out and won;t pay attention to the differences anymore. It might all be pretty much randomized, but generally speaking the MK5 will give you more luck as the MK1 mod :-D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Tags:
🡱 🡳