Just experienced a first on the rail yard mission

Started by PZ, December 13, 2013, 09:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Remember the mission to the rail yard in which you are to destroy the propane car?

Well, in the past I had to use some kind of explosive to get the job done, and I expected it to be no different this time.

I approached from the high ledge at the eastern edge as usual, and began picking off mercs with the silent AS-50.  Just for the heck of it, I shot the propane car at 3 spots, not expecting much to happen.  Sure enough, propane started leaking as usual, and I went on to pick off more mercs.  Finally the remainder were in hiding so I threw a Molotov to flush them out.

Imagine my shock when the fire reached the propane car and it exploded - nearly caused me to jump out of my chair because I was wearing Bose headphones  :-()

I don't know if it was just the car's time to explode due to the damage from the 50 cal, or if the fire actually ignited the gas, but it sure was a fun and different experience.

mandru

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

nexor

PZ, I thought I had posted what I did when I was on my second play through, apparently not.
I shot a couple of holes into the tank with the AS-50, you can clearly see the gas leaking through the holes, then I took a shot at it with the GL, it is a huge explosion.   :-D

PZ

nexor

Was looking for it but couldn't find it, so that's your find my friend   :-X

I must get my a$$ in gear and put a second main HDD in my pc so I can load Vista and  install some of my favourite games like FC2, BBC2 and MOH 2010   :-D

Tags:
🡱 🡳