Strange news from sweden. (IKEA warning)

Started by Stiku, November 08, 2013, 05:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stiku

Check this one out : http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=fi&sl=sv&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.expressen.se%2Fgt%2Fmonterade-ikeamobler--da-larmades-polisen%2F

Original link is in sweden, so I used the google translate to give you guys a little help.

Has to post this due to reading a post from mandru and Art's policy "no screw is from IKEA", after this I can safely say that Art's policy is a good one.

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

fragger

Quote from: Stiku on November 08, 2013, 05:43:00 AM
Has to post this due to reading a post from mandru and Art's policy "no screw is from IKEA", after this I can safely say that Art's policy is a good one.

:laugh:

Especially these bloody things - the bane of anyone who has ever tried to assemble an IKEA product - the much-maligned "cam screw":

[smg id=6464]

Whoever came up with these should be reported to Amnesty International for crimes committed against humanity :angry-new:

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Stiku

Quote from: Art Blade on November 09, 2013, 06:59:18 AM
no, just shoot them :-()

Please, don't waste good ammunition on some useless engineer.

But someone might want to tell IKEA that there is something called overengineering a furniture, my damn car isn't that complicated.
Also iv'e seen IKEA stuff that has to be glued on, okay if the parts doesn't go into any stress, its fine. But a wooden pin that is keeping the whole furniture in one piece shouldn't be glued or used a wood pin to keep it together, let me have my self drilling screws and a nice cover for them!

Art Blade

indeed. Over-engineered, that's a good one  :)

Quote from: Stiku on November 09, 2013, 09:33:00 AMmy damn car isn't that complicated

:laugh: :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳