GTA V Tips and Tricks

Started by Art Blade, September 25, 2013, 03:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

I have a little tip to share about hanging out with both your friends:

You can hang out with a friend by calling him up and selecting the "Hang out" option in the phone. It is also possible to hang out with more than one friend. I wanted to hang out with both Trevor and Michael, being Franklin at that moment. The reason; the "Three Man Army" achievement :-D
I had difficulties making an appointment with both of them, since one was always busy shortly after I picked up the other. Then I tried to call them up both before going to the meeting point of the guy I called first. That helped. You just get two meeting points to go to, and your friends will join you one after the other. Franklin even comments to the guy he calls second, Trevor in this case, that he wants to hang out with him and Michael. ^-^ You can now share the fun amongst 3 friends, and maybe do some serious damage on a driveby >:D

I haven't tried out if you can meet up with even 3, for example Lamar, or who else you may be able to call for hangin out ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

:-X  this game is incredibly rich with detail and things to do

Art Blade

+1 :-X Binnatics  :) I had fun playing golf with F, M and T at the same time  :-D

[smg id=7943 type=preview align=center caption="golf crew"]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

:) :-X

I have another tip, in case you stumble upon the same problem I did a couple of times; certain missions, side quests or random events not getting triggered to appear anymore. I read a lot about these issues on the internet. I had difficulties getting the final street race to appear, and after I completed the story random events and property missions wouldn't appear anymore. There are many solutions to find on the net, none of them is working for everybody.

What worked for me:

The street race reappeared after I did the following;
- Being Franklin, I saved my game on a new slot;
- Went to GTA Online through the Alt - F8 link and played in GTA Online for 5 minutes. Switched back to Franklin using Alt - F6. The race appeared again ^-^

After the story was complete, most of the random events wouldn't trigger again, neither did the property missions;
- I went back to an old save where I had something like 25% completion. It was when Trevor just had moved to Wade's cousin in LS. There I did the the Hitch Hiker 3 random event (I wanted to do specifically one of the random events that I could bring to the Altruist camp, being Trevor, for an achievement :-D)
- After completing the event and getting the achievement I went back to my 100% completion most recent savegame and there the random events started reappearing again ^-^

It seems somehow, during the gameplay, certain mission triggers or event appearances get blocked and you have to find a bypass to access them again. Other ppl online commented it worked to sleep for 15 days straight without saving (just sleep on the bed). Hope this problem doesn't appear for you guys, but in case it does here's the info that helped me ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

I am not yet aware of anything missing but in case it should, I'd remember to check here.

Thanks for both tip and help +1 :-X :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Art Blade

For Dweller_Benthos :)

Stock Market Trading with all of Lester's Assassination Missions

Making money on the stock market using Lester's assassination missions is best done AFTER COMPLETING THE MAIN STORY and without spending too much money made with those heists. The only mission that is mandatory is the first one, you actually have to play it in order to progress the story. But wait with the others until you're done with the story.

Remember to invest all the money of all three characters.

When cashing out, switch to Trevor last (sometimes he's in trouble with the police when you switch to him and that could take up too much time during which you may lose a lot of money..)

When waiting for time to pass, use either Franklin or Michael to send the one of your choice to bed. I never paid attention to how long Michael sleeps, I think about the same amount of time as Franklin which is 8 hours. Trevor sleeps 12.

Sell once the return percentage (let's call that "RP" from now on) is significant. At least around 25%, sometimes you may get up to 100% :) Use the sleep function but DON'T SAVE, just send the character to sleep to pass time. You should actually stay put, observe the stock market (your shares) every time you wake up as F or M or T, rinse and repeat until you get your big cash. THEN save. You may reinvest and continue, trying to get even more, cash out, save, reinvest, rinse and repeat until you start to lose money. THEN load your savegame and DON'T reinvest again. It WILL fail if you do.

edit: yellow numbers = from the link provided by GKID

1) Hotel Assessination
before: buy BettaPharmaceuticals (BET)
after:  Sell BET when RP>50 / 80
after that: buy Bilkinton (BIL) and sell when RP>80

2) The Multi Target Assassination (those jurors)
before: buy Debonaire (DEB)
after: sell DEB when RP>35 / 80
after that: buy Redwood (RWC) and sell when RP>100 / 300

3) The Vice Assessination
before: buy Fruit (FRT) using the BAWSAQ
after: sell when RP>25 / 50
after that: buy Facade (FAC) also BAWSAQ and sell when RP>25 / 33

4) the Bus Assassination
before: don't buy anything
after: buy Vapid (VAP) on BAWSAQ
sell when RP>90 / 100

5) The Construction Assassination
before: buy GoldCoast (GCD)
after: sell when RP>50 / 80

Dweller_Benthos

Thanks Art, a nice easy to use list of what to do before and after those missions. I'm not out to get the most maximum amount of money anyway, just enough to easily play the game. Getting to the point of having them all be billionaires probably won't happen lol.

I never looked at the BAWSAQ list, I thought it was for online only? Guess not, I take it that it works the same way as the other one?
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

OWGKID

Bawsaq requires you to be connected to the Internet. Works similar to LCN ;) The Debonaire stock can go up to 80 %. Redwood goes up to 300 %. I had to sleep for a week to get my 300 % profit for the Multitarget Assassination  >:D
LEGACY

Art Blade

GKID, nice one on the 300%  ??? :-X :)

D_B, ignore the BAWSAQ except when doing those assassination missions and only then and only the companies mentioned.

BAWSAQ is something that is player-driven and as GKID stated, it's an online thingy. Ignore it because it is sloooooooooooow as it is real life real time and it takes hours just for minimal changes up and down. Nothing to gamble with.

During those assassination missions, the shares of the companies affected by those assassinations will behave differently for the time it takes to get the "desired" result as in performing badly or exceptionally well. It can only be done if it is not connected (the game controls that) to "the real thing" as in not connected to the current real time stock market trading.

OWGKID

Err, I seemed to confuse Debonaire with Redwood 8-X :D. It is Redwood that goes up to 300% ;) Btw, I changed your numbers to the ones found on the GTA Wiki  ;)

Spoiler

1) Hotel Assessination
before: buy BettaPharmaceuticals (BET)
after:  Sell BET when RP>80
after that: buy Bilkinton (BIL) and sell when RP>80

2) The Multi Target Assassination (those jurors)
before: buy Debonaire (DEB)
after: sell DEB when RP>80
after that: buy Redwood (RWC) and sell when RP>300

3) The Vice Assessination
before: buy Fruit (FRT) using the BAWSAQ
after: sell when RP>50
after that: buy Facade (FAC) also BAWSAQ and sell when RP>33

4) the Bus Assassination
before: don't buy anything
after: buy Vapid (VAP) on BAWSAQ
sell when RP>100

5) The Construction Assassination
before: buy GoldCoast (GCD)
after: sell when RP>80
LEGACY

Dweller_Benthos

D_B

Art Blade

GKID: Ah, I didn't know. Thanks :)

I think it would be a good idea to use coloured text to highlight the changes you made so it would be easier to see if something and what exactly was changed :)

Also, you could erase the intro and just quote the assassinations from 1 to 5 so the quote wouldn't be so big. Generally speaking, just quote what is actually of interest. Imagine you'd have to read the entire book "The Tragedy of Hamlet, Prince of Denmark" because someone wanted you to find the famous line, "to be or not to be"  :-() )

Art Blade

just saw you did changes to the quote, nice. The colour function works like this: mark the text you want to colour, use the pull-down menu to the top right of the editor (above the smileys, above the next menu bar, "change colour," select the colour you want and that's it.  :) )

OWGKID

I know ;) Read the topic on my phone yesterday and editing is a little pain in the a$$ on a phone  :D Added some yellow colouring  :-D
LEGACY

Art Blade

now I edited my post.  :-()

OWGKID

LEGACY

Art Blade

if those yellow numbers are correct (I mean, I can confirm that those non-yellow ones which I posted are actually achievable) it should be possible to hit a billion with about 3 Lester missions. I made a billion with my numbers and four missions. :)

OWGKID

It should be :) I have the max amouth of cash ($ 2 147 483 648 >:D) for all characters :-() :-D
LEGACY

Binnatics

Good job with that list guys! Kudo for both ^-^ :-X

Art Blade

OWGKID

LEGACY

Dweller_Benthos

OK what about the Tinkle stock tip you get from picking up that guy stranded on the side of the road? As soon as I dropped him off, I bought all the Tinkle stock I could, and it went up a bit, maybe 2.5%, but not the 33% it says on the wiki:

http://gta.wikia.com/Tinkle

It's kind of vague, do I invest in the stock before I even pick the guy up? Or does sleeping not change the Bawsaq market like it does for the other one? As it seemed I would sleep and never get above the 2.5% and then it would drop and I would start losing money. Or do I just have to wait longer?
D_B

Art Blade

you buy with all your money before you pick him up.

What you observed regarding the BAWSAQ is the real time player-driven trading, so you missed out on a story-driven event.

Dweller_Benthos

So that doesn't really make sense, does it? In order to know about the stock to buy, you have to pick the guy up, but you have to know what stock to buy before you pick the guy up?
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳